California State University, San Bernardino

California State University, San Bernardino Employee Reviews

Math instructor
Teacher's Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 16, 2018
Lecture, group work, grading homework, quizzes, and exams. The hardest part of the job is knowing the math, but not having a PhD. The attitude with CSUSB is that if you do not have a PhD, then you do not know remedial math, regardless of how many years' experience you may have working with remedial math students.
Pros
Flexibility with teaching style
Cons
When the campus is not flexible with teaching style
nice
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 13, 2018
nice place to work, relaxed setting, got to meet all types of different people and teachers, learned alot about the school and the job, really nice and fun co workers
good start to understand office environments and workings
Marketing Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 4, 2018
A day was extremely flexible, most duties fell on the opinion of the employee. I learned that I had a passion for Marketing and worked on simple skills that have been the basis for my current skillset. workplace culture only consisted of a few people in the office, mostly keeping to themselves. The hardest part of the job was creating the task to complete. The most enjoyable part of the job was understanding what you enjoy most in the corporate world.
Helped get me through school
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 14, 2018
Load data and run reports
A lot about mainframe and personal computing
Great manager
Great workplace culture
Can't think of anything
Computer skill especially relating to desktop publishing
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Can't think of any
A Beneficial Place to Work
Community Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 8, 2018
A typical work day is filled with students, staff, faculty, and visitors. You learn the different needs that each one may have. You are offered training classes at least once a year, so you use those tools to navigate each work day.
Pros
Sick days, Vacation days, and comp time.
Cons
Pay is low compared to others in the industry.
CSUSB survey
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 7, 2018
It was a great please to work while it lasted it was only a temporary thing for everyone. They were doing surveys for the city and would be the one who took care of the angry clients.
Pros
It was my specialty
Cons
that I was relied on too much
Stocker/Cashier
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 21, 2018
Mostly I would stock items before and during work hours. I would stock food, beverages, and medicinal merchandises. I had to keep the area clean and tend to the coffee and tea counter, by stocking the items, and refilling the pots.
ok
student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 20, 2018
It's gereat go there the faculty are awesome. The wind blows too hard there so be prepared. College also sits in very close proximity to the San Andreas Fault. There are safety signs in the library on every isle to alert what to do in case of an earthquake.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
money
Peer Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 29, 2018
Staff and mangers are very helpful in tasks that can become confusing. Always helpful and forms simple to follow. Some positions required check in with mangers to see if you are on track.
Nice
TEACHER AID FOR SOCIAL REASEARCH II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 22, 2018
I liked interning here. I love my professors. Worked for the Social Services classes for Social Research class. It was a fun experience and I would recommend.
great job
California (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 16, 2018
This is a great option if you are currently a student and need a little extra cash on the side. they work completely around your school scheduled and will even work around other jobs if you have them
Pros
great environment, non stress
Cons
not great pay, not a lot of hours
Awesome Local Music
Coyote Radio Intern (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2018
Specializing in Riverside/San Bernardino local unsigned bands, I have interviewed several live on the air. With a weekly radio show, I attempted to give the local musicians an additional voice and it worked.
Pros
Music
Cons
n/a
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 3, 2018
work with students
freedom to work flexible hours
no specific content, you have freedom
work well with other mentors
do workshops
do presentations
recruit students
CSUSB summary
Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 16, 2018
Teaching at CSUSB has been an informative process. As a graduate student we are encouraged to participate in teaching positions which help develop our professional skills. The department culture can be a bit challenging. Work requirements are fairly laid back, advancement opportunities are lacking.
Pros
School schedule
Cons
Lack of comunication
Simple, but confusing
UI/UX Designer (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2018
Work is simple that I need to design with engineers to satisfy the clients. However, clients usually don't answer quickly. Hard to contact and communicate with design with engineers.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Management communication
Flexible schedule and a comfortable environment.
Graphic Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 1, 2018
Working here I have gained enough experience to tackle any career in the future. I learned how to manage my time effectively and organize my work environment.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not enough communication
Like family
Lecturer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 19, 2018
I enjoy being around my colleagues. We support each other. We give of ourselves above and beyond to our students. Overall, the campus community is supportive.
Student Assistant
Bernardino CA. Student Assistant Graduate Studies (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day when busy assisted students and staff with paper work and if needed to meet with the chair I scheduled the appointments. The culture was very caring always aware of what is going on with everyone in the company.
Pros
Being able to practice one on one conversation in a personal setting.
fun relaxing, rewarding environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 3, 2018
working with students who have been diagnosed with Autism can be challenging, but at the same time allow you to realize, you are giving those students a chance to utilize their skills.

The most difficult part of the job here, not many of the students in this class were very high functioning. It was sometimes a challenge to work with the student and get them to participate in the appropriate activity.

Most enjoyable was being able to build a relationship with these students and knowing they trust you. You know they have trust in you when they have a successful moment. It is so rewarding when you see a smile on their face.
Part time job with minimum if any benefits
Instructor - Dept. of Undergraduate Studies (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino CaliforniaMay 29, 2018
alot of research , preparation and effort to ensure the student success especially since that was the main objective of the program in addition to exposure to diversity