California State University Fullerton Employee Reviews

Decent Job While You're a Student
Student Assistant to Visual Arts (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Jobs were super low hours and absolute minimum wage, but easy for a student to get and convenient to work around your class schedule. Great for getting some experience and a bit of office experience and money while still in school.
Awesome
CA (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 2, 2019
Awesome academic and professional environment. Great facilities and class equipment. Productive Art department. Well known Professors, great area to get to know professional art related connections.
A place of advancement opportunites and great people to work with.
Part-time Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  California, FullertonJanuary 29, 2019
CSUF is an excellent place to work. It is a very diverse culture and a college that offers educational opportunities for all who would like to attend.
Top-Notch University
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 29, 2018
This is one of the best places to work in Southern California. It is an outstanding university. The management is extremely supportive. All of the employees are great friends.
Pros
Excellent salary, highly supportive management.
Cons
The commute is congested.
Great Place
Research Assistant/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 27, 2018
Research was great I learn a lot of things. You are exposed to different learning experiences in the lab have the opportunity to attend conferences nationally.
Misleading
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 11, 2018
The job at Cal State Fullerton, was very misleading, it was a 10 month contract, after relocation. The salary was also misleading, it was not competitive with the rest of the league.
Pros
Weather
Cons
Cost of living
Simple job
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 21, 2018
Stupid easy college student job. Not much else to describe it. Facility managers are cool and make work enjoyable. Enjoyed my time working with these great people.
Great atmosphere and productive
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 9, 2018
As a student I learned to manage my time to do well academically while working part-time on campus. As an undergraduate researcher I had the opportunity to apply the techniques I learned in the classroom into real situations.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 19, 2018
Composing correspondence, creating folders and meeting materials for supervisor's day. Mail distribution, answering phones, entering data and updating spreadsheets, photocopying, scanning. Troubleshooting copiers. Hardest part of the job was ensuring supplies would delivered on time. Best part of the job was composing and proofreading correspondence and planning department events.
Pros
Benifits
very focused environment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 6, 2018
much politics at the mgt level. the benefits are good. employment support system is also good. the school enjoys very good reputation. overall I been happy here
Pros
job security and benefits
Cons
limited opportunity to advance in career

Want to know more about California State University Fullerton?

Ask a question
Try to network or else your degree will not help you get a job.
Computer Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  800 N State College blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831June 22, 2018
Average school with average students, nothing too special. The only thin missing from CSUF is a department that facilitates networking between graduating students and working alumni. Getting a job on your own is slow and becomes much easier with connections. I never learned this at CSUF, and CSUF made little to no attempts during my time there.
Pros
It's a credited university
Cons
average school
Interesting and Insightful internship
Solar Panel Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA 92831June 20, 2018
I interned at Cal State Fullerton because it was required by my school to do an unpaid internship. Over the course of the experience, I learned to communicate, think critically, and apply myself fully to the work that I was doing. Overall I think that Cal State Fullerton is a great place to work if you enjoy being challenged.
Fun and Educational
Supplemental Instructor/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 20, 2018
I love everything about CSUF. There are challenges depending on job titles. Will need to pay for your own parking permit which is always required except weekends.
Pros
Excellent associates.
Cons
None.
Great learning and working experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 15, 2018
When I worked in CSUF laboratory, I feel very comfortable and welcoming. The students and the adviser are very helpful. I worked and learned at the same time there.
Deceitful Advancement Practices
Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Left because of disagreements with management. Published job retention/advancement protocols not adhered to. Discriminatory: I was denied job advancement whereas a clearly unqualified female was promoted. Appearance matters more than actual productivity. Money matters more than effective undergraduate education.
Professional Environment for learning
Student (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The professors care for students.
Learn and practice projects that apply to future career.
Participate in mostly event that involve job seeking and acknowledge the new subjects beside the major path
Coordinated and Enthusiastic Team
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I was assigned Tasks which had a time frame of usually a Week.
Very motivating and helpful Mentors.
Was responsible for individual and Team based projects.
Educational Facility
Student (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a school facility and it is a place where I got my BA from.
I didn't work here and wouldn't be able to make any recommendation for this facility.
Great
ESL Instructor, American Language Program (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 13, 2018
It is great place to work in. The environment is fun and relaxing. You get to see many nice people everyday there. I enjoyed my time there an I was happy with the benefits.
Great co-workers, but upper administration not supportive
Part-time ESL Instructor at Cal State University (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 24, 2017
The coworkers were culturally-aware and academically relevant. However, because the upper administration was not supportive, the department downsized dramatically and lost a lot of instructors that way.