California State University Fullerton Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 19, 2018
Composing correspondence, creating folders and meeting materials for supervisor's day. Mail distribution, answering phones, entering data and updating spreadsheets, photocopying, scanning. Troubleshooting copiers. Hardest part of the job was ensuring supplies would delivered on time. Best part of the job was composing and proofreading correspondence and planning department events.
Pros
Benifits
Try to network or else your degree will not help you get a job.
Computer Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  800 N State College blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831June 22, 2018
Average school with average students, nothing too special. The only thin missing from CSUF is a department that facilitates networking between graduating students and working alumni. Getting a job on your own is slow and becomes much easier with connections. I never learned this at CSUF, and CSUF made little to no attempts during my time there.
Pros
It's a credited university
Cons
average school
Interesting and Insightful internship
Solar Panel Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA 92831June 20, 2018
I interned at Cal State Fullerton because it was required by my school to do an unpaid internship. Over the course of the experience, I learned to communicate, think critically, and apply myself fully to the work that I was doing. Overall I think that Cal State Fullerton is a great place to work if you enjoy being challenged.
Fun and Educational
Supplemental Instructor/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 20, 2018
I love everything about CSUF. There are challenges depending on job titles. Will need to pay for your own parking permit which is always required except weekends.
Pros
Excellent associates.
Cons
None.
Great learning and working experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 15, 2018
When I worked in CSUF laboratory, I feel very comfortable and welcoming. The students and the adviser are very helpful. I worked and learned at the same time there.
Deceitful Advancement Practices
Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Left because of disagreements with management. Published job retention/advancement protocols not adhered to. Discriminatory: I was denied job advancement whereas a clearly unqualified female was promoted. Appearance matters more than actual productivity. Money matters more than effective undergraduate education.
Professional Environment for learning
Student (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The professors care for students.
Learn and practice projects that apply to future career.
Participate in mostly event that involve job seeking and acknowledge the new subjects beside the major path
Coordinated and Enthusiastic Team
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I was assigned Tasks which had a time frame of usually a Week.
Very motivating and helpful Mentors.
Was responsible for individual and Team based projects.
Educational Facility
Student (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a school facility and it is a place where I got my BA from.
I didn't work here and wouldn't be able to make any recommendation for this facility.
Great
ESL Instructor, American Language Program (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 13, 2018
It is great place to work in. The environment is fun and relaxing. You get to see many nice people everyday there. I enjoyed my time there an I was happy with the benefits.
Great co-workers, but upper administration not supportive
Part-time ESL Instructor at Cal State University (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 24, 2017
The coworkers were culturally-aware and academically relevant. However, because the upper administration was not supportive, the department downsized dramatically and lost a lot of instructors that way.
Great Place To Work
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 14, 2017
See Below:

Security
Family
Great students
Overall great experience in higher education.

Cons:
Pay
Advancement

This is a great position for those who want long term steady employment.
Too much politicking.
Biology lecturer (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 11, 2017
Too much politicking. Emphasis on student passing courses but not learning much. Tuition is too high for what the students are getting. Needs more programs to support students.
Ótimo
Intercambista (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 5, 2017
Ótima experiência de intercâmbio, grande aprendizado de inglês e de engenharia mecânica.
Review no longer relevant
Computer Graphics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 25, 2017
I taught adult continuing education computer graphics in the early 90's. This review is no longer relevant, as I have not taught there for a long time, and no longer live in California.
Great Place to Start and End
Project Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 19, 2017
Cal State Fullerton is a great place to start or end a career, as it is an amazing University that is doing big things. The work culture could not be better, and the management at IT cares about you growing in your career and as a person.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
government pay
Challenging but relaxed teaching environment
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work includes attending lecture for that assigned class and preparing and holding a supplemental instruction session for students to attend. I learned how to communicated effectively to a range of people as well as how to deal with conflict concerning misunderstandings between people or misunderstandings with the material.
Great stepping stone
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 3, 2017
For those who are young and in college, this health center was a great stepping stone for anyone going into the medical field. You were given great insight to how the operations work at the front and back offices. It was very enjoyable and a great learning experience.
This is an on campus, scholarship based job.
Career Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 1, 2017
I work only 2 to 6 hours a week for this job since I am payed a stipend of a scholarship per semester to work here. I like it a lot, great exposure to networking opportunities and teaches valuable lessons about time management and working well with others.
Every Student's Dream Job
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 16, 2017
The company values group effort, teamwork, and dialogic teaching and learning. There was lots of support as an Information Technology student employee in the Mihaylo College of Business' Information Technology Department, and I am grateful to have a team that builds each other up in times of stress. We had monthly team dinners and a surprise pizza party for a "Happy last day of work" card for our boss through the contributions from the team.
Pros
Flexible hours, very accommodating to college student's schedule
Cons
Low pay