California State University Employee Reviews

It was a toxic work environment
Vice President, Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Inequality and racism was terrible. I don't have much more to say. The system is a fraud. The goals for working with communities of color were not realized
We did have fun
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I was a math instructor. I used to teach College Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, Calculus of Variations, Asymptotic Analysis, Differential Equations, and Calculus I, II, and III
Pros
Free drink
Cons
Short break
Great place to work and be close to a team
Office Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 9, 2019
Provides multiple opportunities for growth and has great government benefits. My position was a student position but I worked closely with full time members. Learn so much about a business working there
A lot of expectations
Student Assistant at Academic Programs (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 8, 2019
my supervisor expected a lot from me; i was supposed to be hired with another person but decided to stick with me so i was technically a 2-in-1 position. I had to learn a lot of data entry into CMS and it gets confusing a lot of the time because they aren't clear with their directions. Although it is quite flexible, for the following semester I was unable to work there anymore because I had class during the times i was supposed to work. I was also WAY underpaid for my work.
Pros
flexible to school schedule
Cons
high expectations
Workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I have built many new skills and developed into a much more responsible person becuas eof the Cal State Professors. Although not a perfect campus we are diverse and this helps us become more culturally exposed.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Not enough resourses
Work environment excellent
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Love teaching. Get to work with students who are in various stages of their college years. Worked with freshmen, get to introduce engineering to them, see the spark of loving field in their eyes. Also worked with seniors, and highlighted things that would reflect on their experience
Good work atmosphere
Film Editor & Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2019
oversees all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include meeting with clients to work out event details, plan with the client, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, staff and cleanup.
Pros
Positive work enviroment.
teaching assistant
Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 23, 2019
it was great working with the students and the professor. they were all nice and fun to work with. will work with them again because it was really fun.
fun!
Pitching Coach (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2019
Great place to work, had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!! nothing but good things to say. Flexible hours, worked with my hours. Adaptable. Enjoyed my time there.
Face Paced workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day at work involves greeting guests and answering quests questions and concerns. I assisted in selling snacks and beverages in the concession stand during intermission. I also helped set up tables and catering for performing artists. One of the most challenging parts of this job was helping large groups of guests find their seats within a few minutes.
Pros
Work schedule does not conflict with school schedule
Cons
Short Breaks
productive, friendly
Postal Support Employee (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not stressful. if you have any questions they always help u out. The manager is very understanding. The job duties are easy. I get to drive a truck.
Pros
free paid lunch
Cons
long breaks
Great place
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Love the diversity on this campus. It was very enjoyable dealing with great coworkers and students. I learned so much from my mentors there and know I can always get support when I need it.
Great job
FRATERNITY/SORORITY LIFE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I really enjoyed working here, the office environment was great and the culture in the whole school made it desirable to work there. Working with a great boss was the best part!
Lab research associate
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I worked as a lab research associate in biochemistry lab. My duties were, but not limited to DNA sequencing, protein sysnthesis, gel electrophoresis. I mastered the use of Microscope, Spectrometer, and was able to perform streaking, plating method for isolation of bacterial colonies.
Reader/Grader for English Department, at CSU Sacramento
Reader/Grader, Junior Level English (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Working for the English Department at CSU Sacramento was a terrific experience, from beginning to end. I was very sad that they lost the funding for this position. The people I worked with were so interesting, too.
Pros
Working with university educators was the best!
Cons
Losing the job because of insufficient funding was the worst.
Academic Technology Assistant, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  liberaryJanuary 4, 2019
Overall it is a nice place to work at. great work environment and good work life balance. I was working here as part time employee. I was easily able to manage work and study
Work Review
NCAA Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Assisted with the Compliance Director to work on several issues such as recruiting, transfers, and academic eligibility for all student athletes and updatted the databases as necessary.
typical goverment job
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2019
most employees do the bare minimum, managers are the same. There is not alot of room for growth. Not many motivated employees as the pay is set regardless of your skillets
Benefits
Cons
no growth
Amazing
Instructional Student Assistant(Tutor) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90032January 2, 2019
Very nice place to work.Very good work culture.Very nice projects and good food .Very enjoyable job.I loved working here.Learnt new things which have benifited me entirely.
Made own working schedule, business casual dress code
IT Support Desk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 1, 2019
I was in charge and advising different departments with best technology to effectively administer new programs or projects. Maintained hardware on a preventative maintenance cycle of 180 days