California State University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 13, 2018
Good working place as well as a good school. Its been a pleasure to be a part of the university. I got my Masters and excelled in my career plans. I am grateful to the university.
Great Place
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
No complaints. Overall great environment and atmosphere. I worked in the Natural Sciences department. Most of the professors and staff were pleasant to work with.
A good way to get involved in your department.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 11, 2018
This position mostly involved grading papers but I also had to proctor during exam days. It's a small position with not many hours which makes it a perfect job to get involved in whichever department your major falls under.
California State University Los Angeles
Athletic Trainer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Great learning programs
Multi-diversity of people
Easy access to computers
Variety of food options
Friendly community
Access to gaming rooms
Easy to find jobs and resources
Access to library
Outstanding Benefits
Office of the Chancellor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
CSU is an employees dream job. Great schedule, outstanding benefits with some room for growth, although not a lot.

Challenged, collaborative work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Minimal room for growth
Typical State Employer
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
No one works more than the min 8 hours not even the managers themselves. Everything takes long to complete due to the slow response from the employees in all department.
Good Counseling Services Team
Clerical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 7, 2018
While at CSUN I worked in the Counseling Services dept. Great group of counselors who usually work well together. This is a state university and sometimes personalities and work ethic could cause conflicts. Most counselors want to help the students, but some were not effective and could cause strife within the dept.
Professionals
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 3, 2018
Received the opportunity learn so much from amazing mentors. Completed all my task and supervisors were willing to share great wisdom. Opportunity to attend professional trainings and meet with other colleagues to share best practices.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2018
Not important to leave a review. Stop forcing individuals to leave reviews to use your services. This is a very bad business model and can only be considered unnecessary
Na
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2018
I enjoy working with the company, I have learned a lot while being there. They have been good about guiding me and training me in the job function I'm suppose to perform.

Want to know more about California State University?

Ask a question
Overall okay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 28, 2018
Overall okay place to work, would not recommend to anyone who is not organized or cannot balance work and school. can be very stressful from time to time
Csueb
Adjunct faculty/Strength & Conditioning coach (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 27, 2018
Bad management when I was there; issues between Kinesiology and Athletics; scheduling issues. Class load fluctuated each quarter; no consistency with what classes I would teach.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive work environment
Quick Copies - Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 26, 2018
Working at quick copies we had a good work environment. It was a great job because you are on campus and can go from you class to your woe, what other job can you do that in a matter of 10 minutes.
Toxic work environment with shady individuals
Administrative Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2018
Management was not interested in the benefit of the staff member, and only interested in saving money so there could be more for them. Claimed to do everything for the students but only made decisions based on how it would benefit them. Bullying runs rampant throughout their office culture, and those that try to do something about it are fired. The strong prey on the weak at CSUB, and I happened to be an unlucky weak one who was let go while on my third month of disability. Non-management personel are expected to do the work of their superiors for half the salary. Truly a nightmare to work at.
Pros
really good pay and benefits
Cons
not enough pay and benefits in the world to justify treatment
Fun place to gain experience.
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 21, 2018
I enjoyed getting my education and experience at Cal State LA. Culture needs to change overall, but it is happening slowly. I recommend Cal State LA as a place to work.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 20, 2018
they have various opportunities to volunteer with various organizations around the college. What I did was great and we got to help and serve many people in a great environment
I am a summer research student.
Summer Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 16, 2018
I am grateful to my research mentors and the department for this opportunity to look at interesting mathematics problems in the field of distance geometry. I am also thankful to the university learning center for providing cutting-edge study skills which will benefit me throughout my life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Feeling sorry for the other students who were not awarded
field supervisior
Field Supervisor for Student teachers and interns (Current Employee) –  off-siteJuly 10, 2018
Flexible hours, motivated students to work with, good colleague networking. Excellent connections with educators in the various districts that I have worked with.
Pros
part-time, flexible hours, excellent networking with districts
Cons
Fun work environment with room to improve one's self.
E.O.P. Renaissance Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 8, 2018
As a peer mentor, one worked with the youth in a flexible set schedule based on availability. This position allowed for guiding and supporting youth through the Cal State system whether they transferred from a community college or directly from high school. The workplace is fast, flexible, and friendly culture. The hardest experience with this job is that of saying goodbye to those that one has guided during his or her work term. The most enjoyable is that of helping the youth seek and maintain their goals through the journey of education.
Pros
flexible, friendly environment, room for self-improvement
Cons
temporary
Full Time Staff
Administrative Support Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2018
The Cal State system is a great opportunity to gain experience working with a diverse community that enables one to encourage and assist future generations to pursue higher education