California State University Employee Reviews

Love csusb
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 9, 2018
Beautiful campus. Great working and learning environment set along the beautiful San Bernardino mountain range. Life long memories made at this wonderful place.
Awesome Environment
Assistant to the Director of Tutoring Services (Former Employee) –  SacramentoOctober 8, 2018
Really amazing work environment and really good people. I had a lot of fun working
Collaborative and fast paced
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2018
Wonderful people to work with and a lovely location, excellent benefits including the opportunity to further education. New office building and expanded campus.
Pros
Co workers, location
Cons
no work life balance
Cutting Edge Research and Teaching
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 7, 2018
CSUSB is a great university filled with top quality faculty. There is an Entrepreneurial environment and students are great to work with, especially on projects.
Student Assistant
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 27, 2018
It was fine working at the school department of communications. Flexiable hours that worked with my class schedule.I was there as a student assistant and I helped students check in and out camera equiptment.
I was a student at the university.
Student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 25, 2018
I was a student at the school. I attended for three years to achieve my bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts and complete the teacher credentialing program.
Enjoyable, great teaching staff at CSUN history department
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be in class with my students and listen to our discussions or questions they have regarding a lecture. I love being in a classroom and feel an energy from all the students. I learned that I love being a teacher! I feel that I grow as a teacher with every lecture. Every week I am holding an office hours for students that need individual help. I find this job extremely rewarding. The hardest part of the job is to see a student's test that did not earn even a C.
Pros
Experience
A solid place to work
Director Affordable Learning Solutions (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
Many folks like to work at the CSU because of its support of higher education and its mission to educate approximately a half million students every year.
Pros
Secure and good benefits, social justice mission
Cons
Touch commute for some
Terrible Management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 14, 2018
There isn't much job security, I was hired to replace a lady that had been there almost 5 years (she would have been fully vested). They terminated her right before her 5 year mark. They did the same to me.
Instructor
Part-time instructor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 13, 2018
CSULB is a lovely place to work. Collaborative environment and most of the students are there because they want to learn. Pay was low given the amount of work which you have to put into creating lectures, meeting with students, grading papers and tests, etc.
Productive workplace
California (Current Employee) –  California City, CASeptember 12, 2018
This is a good place if you seek to work in an educational environment.Nice staff.The org rarely hires from outside.there's little promotion opps. A typical day of work is 8 hours
Benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic
Go Beach
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 12, 2018
Its fun to work with people with different diversity. Employers always do care about its employees. Most importantly the work timings are flexible. Its always easy to work in this kind of environment.
Customer Service
Administrative Support Assistant 1/Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2018
People all around the university are willing to help you out when they are needed. Overall you will get a great experience by working at Fresno State University.
Pros
Example: Customer Service
Cons
Short breaka..
lots of lawsuits
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90840September 12, 2018
I'm two-time alumni, worked 25 years, 16 in one dept. I liked. Had carpal tunnel surgery and they screwed me and have tried to get me to quit.
Don't work there, you can do something more rewaeding.
Pros
decent education
Cons
lousy management
Fun Environment
Financial Aid Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
Working for the financial aid office at CSULA was an amazing experience.
Everyone there was nice and courteous. Even though it was temporary due to it being work study. I gained valuable work experience and traits that can be used in other work environments.
Fun Student Job
Student Assistant, Department of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 7, 2018
Simple job with few hours that is very convenient as a student. Gives some useful experience in lab work. Questions are readily answered and there are many instruments they can teach you to use.
History teaching assistant- unpaid
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 5, 2018
Worked as a teaching assistant for course credit. Attend class lectures and remain available for student consultations. Grade exams and assignments and proctor exams. Give one to two lectures during the semester, focusing on particular topics in history.
Pros
great supervisor, limited hours
Cons
unpaid
nutrition counselor
Student Nutrition Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 4, 2018
I would advice people on a healthier lifestyle. I would review their diet and physical activities. I encouraged them and helped them find healthier ways to improve their life.
Pros
talking to a variety of people
Cons
people don't always want to be helped
Adjunct lecturer
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 3, 2018
I totally enjoyed the staff and students at the University. Budget cuts and conflicts with my full time job lead me to leave the job. I love every minute at the University..
Great place to work at
Senator at Large (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 3, 2018
Enjoy the culture and the people effort to help each other. there is definitely a dedication to serving the students and the community with passion and dedication.