California State University Employee Reviews

Workplace
Tour Leader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92407May 17, 2018
My typical day at work consist on working with books and magazines, put them into place and help students with anything we offer at the library.
I have learned to work with students, staff and be more communicative with everyone.
There' not hard part, I love working at the library is a very dun and relaxed environment were i get to be happy and stay focus with my career.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch
Cons
none.
Fun place to volunteer; I learned a lot.
Biochemistry Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 15, 2018
I had a lot of fun volunteering at CSUF. I learned a lot about working in a laboratory and what was expected while working in one. Along with volunteering at the lab I also made a presentation of the research done to professors at CSUF.
great place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 9, 2018
this was an excellent place to work. there were many great people that are nice and friendly to work with. i always came to work with a smile and left with one.
Great Internship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 9, 2018
This position provided many hours of laboratory experience. I learned leadership skills when heading group lab projects during class. I received hands on experience with various lab equipment.
Super fun work place
Event Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2018
I loved working at the University Union throughout college. It worked well with my work schedule and I got along with everyone that I worked with! We also got paid more than minimum wage
Pros
great environment
Cons
couldn't move up
No pressure at work
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 4, 2018
No pressure at work. Worked as a research assistant. Mostly have lab to myself as no other projects were going on. Working environment is quiet and easy going.
Great for students
Community Center and Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 1, 2018
Working here is really helpful as a student, you can make connections with people that can help you outside of school. It also helps that they work with your school schedule.
Learned a lot from the professor and other students
Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 1, 2018
Showed up, met with the head of the department on the project to keep him updated. Gave excellent feedback and found new ways to promote the project and get us involved. Learned how to create something from scratch and was introduced to the process of creating a device from nothing.
Pros
I went to school the same building I worked
Cons
was a temporary job, project eventually ended
good working environment
Medical Trip specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 1, 2018
good working environment and friendly co workers. this job opportunity was a good one overall. i definitely learnt a good deal from working at cal state
Student IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 1, 2018
Rewarding! Excellent! Collabrative!
Excellent place to start working as a student! Managers are understanding and give time to complete assignments and to prepare for exams!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Expereince as a student employee
Teaching Assistant (TA) at Sacramento State (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2018
As a student employee, I tried my best to be a great role model and be a resource for my fellow peers. Furthermore, as a student employee as a Teaching Assistant and as Peer Mentor, I was able to work with students and make a positive impact on their education.
Pros
great expereince, convenient
Cons
not enough hours
Great Culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 25, 2018
It was a great experience and helped me grow and become very knowledgeable. The diversity that has been expanded onto the campus is remarkable. Great place to work and go to school.
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2018
I really like all of my manager, supervisors and colleagues. They make the environment friendly which makes it a happy place to work. The manager guided us through each and everything.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 24, 2018
I worked for the Geology Department as a Teaching Assistant. My staff and coworkers are wonderful and everyone is willing to help out. Pay could definitely be better but it was a great environment.
Great working environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 23, 2018
Workplace culture was exceptional, learned a lot from management , best part about this job is meeting new people everyday and getting a better understanding of how the University works.
Collaborative and great working environtment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2018
Great way to learn and work with a group of capable and passionate people. Professors are very supportive in helping students cultivate their interests as well as helping them navigate through obstacles that future researchers may face. Work can be stressful at times but it is very fulfilling and worth while.
Pros
Great experience, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work while juggling with a heavy schedule load
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 19, 2018
I definitely enjoyed my time working for a semester at Long Beach state, and what I learned was how to engage with research in terms of finding books for others, using link+, and assisting the librarians by finding book on different levels of the library.
Really nice and friendly
Online Department (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 17, 2018
Enjoyed the temporary position. Had its slow moments but also its really busy moments. Very flexible with my class schedule and the people were the best part. Sometimes irritating but my coworkers are very understanding.
Tour Guide
TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 16, 2018
I worked as a part time tour guide. It was a a lot of fun and I highly recommend it to students as a job while living on campus.
I only worked a few hours a week so I might not be the best person to reflect on my time there.
Low pay
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  CAApril 14, 2018
The benefits are not satisfactory. Heavy work load and large class size. Very slow pay increase. The community support is loose. Nice flexible work schedule.