California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

United States1,071 reviews
Found 1,071 reviews matching the search
better period
• Held the communication position in the team.
• Ensured working and continuous in accordance with the plan that was set.

• Maintaining team’s work and effort to be invested appropriately by updating and notifying the professor regularly.
Great community within the workplace.
A typical day at work consist of data entry and reviewing assigned tasks. Task varies from day to day and which department you are under. A lot of work is done on the computer but there are a few paper filed to maintain.
Fun workplace
Learned new skills handling servers and networks. Supported and appreciated my work and very flexible work culture. I enjoyed every day of my work. Managers are very friendly.
Great first teaching and research experience
As a research assistant you are able to conduct research mostly on your own. As a geology graduate teaching associate, you have a lot of freedom when it comes to material you decide to teach. Other graduate students are very willing to help.
Supportive and learning environment with lots of opportunities to grow and succeed
As a student, i felt very supported and enjoyed a great learning environment. The university provides plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as a future teacher. I worked at a school through the university that provided a practical experience of teaching.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good place to work.
I liked the trainings and hour flexibility. Good relationship between staff and supervisors. The pay for tutors is very low and students are always in need if more math and engineering tutors.
Task Focused Work Enviorment
CSULA is excellent place to begin gaining the skills you need to make it in industry. Great workplace support for those who are willing to strive for the universities success.
Productive and working with children
The stand outs about working at this company is they were very flexible with my school schedule. Also being a hands on job was a great opportunity for me, having to experience how the kids interact with one another and even myself. This job gave me many opportunities to work with new learners for our next generation.
Cal state cares about people
I love working at Cal. I am treated like a valuable employee and I am spoken to with respect. There are lots of opportunities for advancement and if you are a self starter and are flexible you can grow in many directions. Its a Very large orhanization so sometimes things can seem a bit beurocratic but it seems thar everyones heart is in the right place from top to bottom. I look forward to going to work.
Stay away
Toxic bullying white culture of self race promoting environment. Union is powerless to be effective. HR only hires those who are on their referrals list to get kickbacks. Overall stay away...
Its okay..
work-life balance and low-stress environment. I would say if there were opportunities to work more hours at a suitable time would be nice and additional benefits like priority registration would be nice
It was an wonderful experience
For any student as an on-campus technical job.
This opportunity is the best to keep academic and work-life balance.

Friendly staff and great workplace culture
Simple
Your goal is to find out the functionalities of the studied substance
Your work is to conduct experiences under guidelines / procedures

Your presentation will follow after to report your findings
Very friendly working atmasphere
The boss ( Chair leader) as well as the office staff there are very supportive and friendly.

You can ask them for help anytime if you need them.

The students there at CSUN are respectful and cooperative.
Great place to work!
Working at Sacramento State will offer you the chance to be part of a large community complete with an immence variety of cultures. You are sure to find your niche here.
Love csu
Great company, they care about their employees, they offer great benefits, and they work around your school needs if that is applicable. I would go back in a heartbeat
Flexible schedule
As a graduate teaching assistant, the professors you work with will make or break your experience. It is always fulfilling to help the students who come in for assistance.
Teaching Senior Food Science Graduating Students
It was a true pleasure and worthwhile experience to serve new food science student community at California State University, Los Angeles.
Students felt they were exposed for the first time to the food industry

oriented goals and objectives. My curriculum covered practical aspects of both lecture and laboratory in Ingredients, Specifications, general formulations and preliminary knowledge, tools of Product Development Innovation.
Pros
Motivated Students
Cons
Evening Classes, My long commute to Los Angeles
Great environment, great first job
My first job was at the Rec Center at CSUSB. This was years ago so I can only speak from my experience during my time there. Loved the staff and supervisors. We worked as a team, covered each other’s shifts if needed, and aimed to make the rec center a welcoming place for everyone who came! Sometimes it felt slow but hey that’s no reason to complain. Overall great
Great place
This is a really great place to work because of the rewarding feeling of a collaborative team overcoming challenges as they present themselves during a live video production.
Productivity is high
Working in Cal State University Fullerton helps me grow everyday. I am able to learn new things here. People with whom i am working are great, they encourage me to execute new ideas.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2