California State University Employee Reviews

Found 997 reviews matching the search See all 1,002 reviews
Very secure place to work at.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2019
Stable job, it can be very dull at times but benefits are great.
There is a work life balance but moving up is non existent. Pay is very low, and getting a rise is also near to unheard of.
Very productive
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90840August 18, 2019
I loved this job because of its nature. It is a research and teaching lab and I enjoyed both. Besides, my supervisor is very knowledgeable and helpful in many aspects. I had a chance to present my research in many scientific seminars and conferences. This led me to learn many things about the research. I was very successful in publishing more than 5 papers in reputed journals.
Pros
Enjoyable.
Cons
Job depends on grants only.
Manager of Grounds and Landscape Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2019
There are many dedicated employees at the CSU in the States capital. Most were disillusioned with management and rightfully so. First line management typically did a good job but Directors and up were looked at as untrustworthy and two faced. First line management had no job security and were told they could lose their job at any time for any reason. This fostered a lack of job security and paranoia.
Okay
Visitor Services and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 15, 2019
Not compensated for the work that is done. Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
Teachers Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2019
Working hours are great and they work easily with class schedules. It's a great way to see how research is gathered and taught, and how exams are graded.
An excellent working environment.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2019
California State University Bakersfield has allowed my wife to graduate at a huge reduction in tuition costs. I have made a living working there as a janitor but seek greater ventures and have decided to continue my education. For this reason, I will need to find a part time job, which Cal State does not accommodate to state employees.
Product engineering and sedign
Student (Senior Design) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2019
• Because the product required dedicated hardware to be purchased, proficient marker research has helped to identify product purchasing sources and get familiar with its field.
• Great working environment, friendly associates, co-workers
• Creative and organized management has made this work become exciting and productive
It has been awesome!
Chico Teacher's assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 21, 2019
I work as a teacher's assistant and it has been great! I get to work side by side and see all her lessons and help with grading or lab exercises. Fast and fund environment.
Accountability of poor managerial leadership
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 20, 2019
Managers and Director were very bad at leading us on a daily basis. We had very poor support and it all started once our previous Director retired. They would not give us the support and would be quick to throw us under the bus for things that were under their control.

Cleanliness was not a true priority, equipment and supplies very difficult to get to have on hand and it made our task difficult .
Great Work Place
EOP Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 17, 2019
I loved working with people my own age and helping them navigate what I've been through. I would over look counselors schedules and help students make appointments.
Great work environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 15, 2019
Educationally proficient work environment that provides a diverse work environment. Staff are well equipped with teaching aids and a collaborative environment is encouraged
Review
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 14, 2019
Working at CSUF is fun, but management can be a bit difficult to work with. They are very flexible and understanding. When it comes to the organization of work and papers though, it can be a bit frustrating. Still, I enjoyed working there,
Wow
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 13, 2019
This was a place where I started to explore so much about Materials Engineering. I am grateful for all the great and amazing experience I gained through this job
State Job with great benfits
Custodian (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 9, 2019
Nice job with great benefits.

Working in a school atmosphere with lot on communication opportunities.

Very nice to work with people and not by yourself.
The workplace is nice. Coworkers were great. The schedule was flexible but stable.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 3, 2019
I genuinely enjoyed working at California State University, Fullerton. I had the opportunity to gain experience in research. Specifically, I was able to advance my knowledge in methodology and statistical analyses.
Good place to work for graduate students
Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 2, 2019
I worked here while working towards my graduate degree. I have no complaints. It helped me pay for school and gave me valuable work experience towards finding a new career.
University Budget Director/Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 25, 2019
Always looking 2 improve and many levels. A very well balance diversified company.

I really can't say enough about the company. I'd recommend CSU at any time.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
California traffic.
Productive work space
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2019
Prepping for the lab experiment. Washing and sterilizing lab equipment. Cleaning and sterilizing work bench. Opportunities to conduct your own research.
Fun place !
Student Outreach and Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 23, 2019
I was an Intern and I loved working with my student outreach team. This campus is full of different opportunities to grow and expand your experience. I enjoyed the environment at my department because it was so lively and positive.
Pros
free lunches, team bonding
Cons
N/a
Company needs to appreciate professional employees more
English as a Second Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 23, 2019
This company needs to clearly see the benefits its employees bring to the job and compensate them appropriately. Rather than shooting down ideas, this company needs to embrace employee feedback as essential to improving services.
Pros
Close to home if you live in San Fernando Valley
Cons
No raises, not even for inflation