California State University

California State University Employee Reviews

United States1,120 reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,128 reviews
professoruniversitycalcsucampusfacultycsufcsula

What is the best part of working at the company?-Professional environment-Stable & secure employmentWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Utilizing integrated advanced technology.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?maintaining and recognizing, and respecting Diversity,Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Ongoing services and accommodations.

Benefits

It’s only good for benefits and support if things are difficult that you have no control over. Aside from that, no opportunity for growth. They say you will do one thing, you end up doing the other.

Benefits

Cons

No growth potential, bad pay

California State University insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and Fun Work Enviroment for Students!

If you're a student seriously look into working somewhere on campus at Chico State. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on campus as an employee and I deeply wish I could work there again! The pay was great and the hours were great as well as most student jobs worked around your schedule!

Great service

Good company, offers a variety of training opportunities. They encourage a positive work, life balance. Compensation is equally fair. Upper management is great. Opportunity for growth is deeply encouraged.

Housekeeping student housing

Management runs department off of fear. Morale is low threw all of custodial services, very stressful, alot if sneaky behavior. Good benefits but thats about it. If your a custodian be cautious.

Not so much

It was a perfect fit. But Covid and lack of onboarding made it impossible to meet the expectations of management. I felt unprepared and on my own in representing the several campuses. Culture was toxic.

Nice part time job

It is an overall nice place to work. The hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning. But I've also learned a lot while working there. Managements isn't too bad and work culture is nice.

Great management, Flexible, but temporary.

Management is great. They teach you what you need to know, pay is fair but no permanent positions. Busy at times but not overwhelming. A great introduction to the retail industry.

Interesting and Productive

I enjoyed working at that campus where I met new people and earned a lot from my workplace. There were so many new techniques that I have learned which I will be using for future work.

Pros

Relaxing

Cons

Lot to do.

Opportunity to work with interesting people.

I enjoyed working as a student assistant through the federal work study program, but this was many years ago- around 2000. I worked in the personnel department and experienced learning new skills and polite co workers. I enjoyed this experience and would recommend it to other students.

You will work hard for very little pay

Be prepared to work long hours for some great students (seriously, the students are wonderful and are the best part of the job) for very little pay. Benefits are good and are even offered for part-time lecturers who teach only two classes (6 units) - which is amazing... but, there is little guarantee of moving ahead. The university loves part-time lecturers and will use you to teach the classes no one wants to teach (i.e., the ones requiring the most work/grading, etc.). Also, be prepared to keep your opinions to yourself if you lean even a little bit to the right, politically. It is assumed that everyone is left-leaning here and, if you're not liberal about everything, then something is clearly wrong with you. Open discussion about topics is not welcome. They say they welcome diversity but that does not include people who might not submit to to the mainstream thought du jour. (This goes for faculty as well as students, by the way - they have told me as much.)

Great environment

California state university northridge in the nursing department as a clinical instructor you are very well paid and there is a lot of civilians in the south

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Lots of papers

Fun workplace, everyone is very nice and is willing to help out

Overall I had a really great experience at CSUB as a student assistant. The work environment is great. Management is great they are always looking out for their employees.

It is a quiet and nice place to work

Everyone I work with is super kind and patient, tutoring is a great job! Everyone is understanding of changing schedules and their is no pressure for difficult deadlines

Pros

down time, community, kind

Cons

low hours

terrible, terrible (did I include enough 'terrible's?) management. petty politics is a major pastime here

I cannot recommend working here - petty politics is a major pastime here. Departments are reorganized every year; If they don't like you, you'll get 'walked out' that same day.Due to it's being a state-owned university, there are some educational-benefits.

Great position for an enrolled student

I worked as a Student Assistant, and I really enjoyed working there. There were only part-time positions available for students, but the schedule was relatively flexible.

Dedicated to the students.

Staff and faculty are very dedicated to the students. The type of project’s vary depending on the budget and the priorities. Projects are also done for the University Extension.

the best people ever

i love this company the people are amazing to work with and the people are amazing akkkr are good and the pike are fnp. like i said the people are good like i sakd

Nurturing place to work

Great place to work , full of appreciative people from a diverse background. Lots of opportunities to learn, to advance, and to move to other departments. The University clearly cares about its students and provides the resources for them to succeed in their academic goals. The same can be said about its employees, there is great support here.

Pros

Ability to telecommute, respectful environment

Cons

Real estate prices in the area (they are just horrible)

Great place to work and build experience.

CSU is a very large system with forward thinking practices aimed at benefitting the future leaders of the region. Great managers and access to tools needed to do your job.

Accrued sick & leave time to make up for low pay.Director is rigid does not care about employees does not offer any advancements, awards

Everyone is conservative, not a fun place to work. LAck of pay and lack of leadership is evident in this office. Lots of turnover as people retiring, leaving, accepting other positions.

Pros

accrued time

Cons

pay, leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California State University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits