California State University
Information from California State University:

California State University Employee Reviews

United States1,079 reviews
Found 1,079 reviews matching the search
Wonderful experince, given many opportunities to cross train in different areas of the department. Management is fair and listens to feedback. I would work here again.
Lab Instructors work in 70 years old buildings with worn out equipment. Maybe okay for a graduate student, but not for a graduated Instructor. Nothing matters now, all labs are on line. I'm happy that I retired last year. Over 45 years and not a single Chem or Bio lab built or remodeled.
Pros
An office door to close when the jet fighters fly over.
Cons
Office is a concrete box.
Great staff and developed many skills for myself. It is perfect for students because they are super flexible with your school schedule. Also staff is very friendly to student workers!
It was an incredibly high workload, little support to help with contentious students and amazing disrespect from tenure track faculty (Lecturers are treated very poorly)
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
New Dept. Chair Harassed: All invalid claims of Chair since civil rights movement of USA. Otherwise, great environment, except for heirarchies of the tenure vs non.
Only really hire south America workers. There needs to be a more balanced in the hiring of the races. I felt left out of what was going on when the would only talk to their own kind
I loved working here at CSU Chico, the staff always made sure I had everything i needed to do great at my job. Working as a student, this job helped me feel more confident as an EMT and i was able to grow a ton during my experience.
I have only taught three semesters. I am hoping that there will be opportunities to teach more classes. Right now seniority is a factor. Still I was grateful to have been given the opportunity to teach there when I started. Currently working on my Master's degree in hopes of continuing to advance in my college teaching career.
The PI for this campus are amazing. The PI are willing to work with your class schedule and the hours are very flexible. My typical day at work was gathering data and inputting in a spreadsheet. Also, conduct focus groups and interviewed students for my research project.
• Held the communication position in the team.
• Ensured working and continuous in accordance with the plan that was set.

• Maintaining team’s work and effort to be invested appropriately by updating and notifying the professor regularly.
A typical day at work consist of data entry and reviewing assigned tasks. Task varies from day to day and which department you are under. A lot of work is done on the computer but there are a few paper filed to maintain.
Learned new skills handling servers and networks. Supported and appreciated my work and very flexible work culture. I enjoyed every day of my work. Managers are very friendly.
As a research assistant you are able to conduct research mostly on your own. As a geology graduate teaching associate, you have a lot of freedom when it comes to material you decide to teach. Other graduate students are very willing to help.
As a student, i felt very supported and enjoyed a great learning environment. The university provides plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as a future teacher. I worked at a school through the university that provided a practical experience of teaching.
I liked the trainings and hour flexibility. Good relationship between staff and supervisors. The pay for tutors is very low and students are always in need if more math and engineering tutors.
CSULA is excellent place to begin gaining the skills you need to make it in industry. Great workplace support for those who are willing to strive for the universities success.
The stand outs about working at this company is they were very flexible with my school schedule. Also being a hands on job was a great opportunity for me, having to experience how the kids interact with one another and even myself. This job gave me many opportunities to work with new learners for our next generation.
I love working at Cal. I am treated like a valuable employee and I am spoken to with respect. There are lots of opportunities for advancement and if you are a self starter and are flexible you can grow in many directions. Its a Very large orhanization so sometimes things can seem a bit beurocratic but it seems thar everyones heart is in the right place from top to bottom. I look forward to going to work.
work-life balance and low-stress environment. I would say if there were opportunities to work more hours at a suitable time would be nice and additional benefits like priority registration would be nice
For any student as an on-campus technical job.
This opportunity is the best to keep academic and work-life balance.

Friendly staff and great workplace culture
Your goal is to find out the functionalities of the studied substance
Your work is to conduct experiences under guidelines / procedures

Your presentation will follow after to report your findings