California University of Pennsylvania Employee Review

View all California University of Pennsylvania reviews

Excellent place to work
Work-Study Student (Former Employee) –  California, PANovember 3, 2013
As a work-study, I didn't have too much to do, but it was a truly wonderful job. Definitely an even balance between work and student life.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
none!

Other California University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Very casual work environment
School Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  California, PAMay 21, 2018
Student union desk worker
Worked with students, professors and other staff
Set up for events (including daily tables)
Worked with other businesses in the building (food services and bookstore)
Internship needed to graduate
Theatre Intern (Former Employee) –  California, PAMay 15, 2018
I was a business student who needed an internship in order to graduate. I was interested in theatre and I had already taken a few theatre classes in the past so I applied for this internship. Not only was I one of the interns, but I was also the house manager for all of the productions. I worked two days a week unless there was a show that week. On a normal week, I worked 6 hours a day, two days a week. During show week, I would work 4 days a week, work about 28-30 hours that week. (There was a week were I worked from 3pm on Thursday until 8am Friday morning). On a typical day, I would come in to work and be given an assignment that would need to be done withing two weeks. The work wasn't very difficult so it wouldn't usually take that long, and once I was done, I would go around the office and see if anyone needed any help with anything they were working on. The work environment was nice and 90% of the time, but towards the end, there did seem to be a division in the office that grew to be uncomfortable. Overall, it was a good job, and good experience to have.
Pros
Flexible hours, Not too demanding
Cons
Poor communication which often lead to high stress