California Western School of Law Employee Reviews

I had the opportunity to travel the world...
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2018
My work at California Western School of Law changed my life. I have had the opportunity to travel through several countries in Latin America to learn different legal cultures and to offer Spanish language instruction in oral advocacy skills for lawyers from Central and South America. Every country in Latin America is in the transition from a repressive inquisitorial judicial system to a more modern and transparent adversarial system found in the U.S. Thanks to the program I oversee (ACCESO Capacitación), Cal Western has trained more than 5,000 lawyers for two decades. Every day I interact with different defense attorneys, prosecutors, judges and law students who want to be trained in our programs. The most difficult part of my job is not receiving the due recognition for so much time that I have invested, and the best thing so far is having the fortune of having made great friends throughout the Americas.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours
Cons
No increase in salary or promotion for several years
Facutly Support
Faculty Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
Some of the faculty are rude and prance around like they are so much better. A law degree does not sanctify you. Keep to yourself and you will do just fine.
Overall it was good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2017
California Western was an okay place to work. It was interesting being around all of the law students. They were stressed out but very industrious in their work. It was a lower tier law school, so they were grateful to be there but stressed about passing the bar one day.
Its not what you call a fun job but it pays the bills
Protocter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2017
This job is not fun but it pays the bills. You pretty much walk around making sure the student are not cheating or helping with the the computer issue that happen.
Great place to work, great culture, people and great environment for growth!!!!
Administrative Assistant I, Academic Achievement (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2017
The people make this institution the best place I have ever worked at. I started as the Administrative Receptionist (Facilities dept.) for the school and a little bit before a year I received a promotion to work as Administrative Assistant I for the Academic Achievement department. Both jobs had different tasks but both of them were so great that I was always happy to be at work. When I had a family emergency out of the country everyone was really supportive and accommodated and they even hired a temp to cover my position while I was gone. They have monthly activities for the employees and all the departments work as a team. Thank you CWSL team for everything!
Pros
Benefits, flexible and mistakes are ok!
Cons
Nothing to say.
Lots of security and a very welcoming environment, no advancement possible
Help Desk Technician – Level 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2016
The team that you work with is sensational. It is a real pleasure working with the folks here. This job should only be taken if you are accepting that you will not move up from within in this company. Your time, however, is enjoyable and there is little stress.
Pros
Benefits are good, the team is very welcoming and inviting
Cons
Zero room for advancement
Fun place to be in the heart of San Diego
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2015
I love the location of this Job, the people are great. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
However, there is no upward movement and it is very difficult to expand on your career here.
great place to work
Maintenance team member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2014
I love the fact that I can help other people, and belong to a team that has the same goal in mind to get the job done.