Calista Corporation Employee Reviews

staff not treated well
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 5, 2018
shareholders are not supported or advanced in fair manner
management holds back staff, doesn't support training or advancement, or pay raises
culture is taken advantage of
the staff is very kind and friendly
Great Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 16, 2018
This is a place to work and I love working with my team and co-workers at Calista. I love at what we do for our Native community as well. Everyone treats you with respect and are very kind.
The Money is Fine; That's About It
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 7, 2018
After years of mismanagement in my department, the company brought in a "fixer" who immediately fired a whole bunch of people. Some should have been fired long ago; others shouldn't have been fired at all. Needless to say, morale among the survivors plummeted and turnover skyrocketed, leaving the few of us who stayed to carry more and more of the load with no thanks of any kind. Meanwhile, at the company level, time off, 401k, and just about all the other benefits were decreasing from year to year. (Insurance costs also tripled, but I can't blame that on the company.) The pay kept me around for a long time, but eventually even that just wasn't worth the lack of satisfaction I was getting from my work. So, I quit. I have no ill-will toward the job or company, but I haven't missed it even for a moment since I left. Significantly, shortly before I quit, the President and Vice President of our division also "retired." Well, they said they had decided to retire, but within months they were both photographed cutting the ribbon at the grand opening of a competing company.
Pros
Diminishing every year. . .
Cons
Management seems to be largely clueless.
na
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2018
Typical day at work was fast-paced; learned legal and corporate policies and records maintenance; most difficult part of the job was the stress level; most enjoyable was the people.
Worst place I ever worked
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 22, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked
Treat their employees horribly Management's unreasonable promise benefits and raises that never came
Would never want anyone I know to work for them
Pros
Cons
Treated like a number
People are positive and create a good working environment
Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 27, 2017
i've been with Calista for 7 years. every employee understands the importance of shareholders and our work for them. all employees are encoraged to be supported of the subsidiairies. if it weren't for the subsidiaries, Calista would have little to offer its shareholders
Pros
hour lunch
Good Pay
Shareholder Records (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 6, 2017
Pay is excellent but the work load exceeds. You are given multiple projects with deadlines that you must meet. Never a moment to breath, time flies by.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 18, 2017
This was a week long internship for my school which i ver much enjoyed.It taught me the business sense, even though it was just for a week. The people who worked there would explain to me how things worked.
Yulista branch is a terrible place to work. Stay clear or start looking for another job as soon as you get this one.
Engineering tech (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 13, 2017
The management is a train wreck and has no clue what they are doing. They are always relying on the knowledge of the floor workers because they have no idea on how to get the job done. Then they will take the credit for all the hard work you put in and not even give you a thank you for it. The first meeting I had with my manager he told me to always cover my butt and keep an eye out for another job. Nice words of encouragement on your first week. The back stabbing and the lack of team work between the floor and management is unbelievable. They only way to get ahead in the company is to kiss tail on a regular basis or being someone's friend or relative. If anyone does decide to work here it would be best to watch what you say and who you say it to. They will twist it to suit what ever need they may have. Oh and get used to being blamed for stuff you didn't do even after you leave.
Pros
Cons
Definitely the management
Calista cares about employees
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Calista HeadquartersFebruary 1, 2017
Calista is extremely generous and compassionate. I feel it is not only about the work we do, but they genuinely care for my well-bring and also the well-being of my family. The company is working diligently to increase and maintain morale and is really focusing on making Calista a fun and safe place to work.
Poor management with no communication whatsoever.
Shareholder Records Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2016
Was excited to join the corporation however was turned off on the poor management, and major lack of communication. The department had a total of 5 persons whom quit and 1 was fired in the a time frame of less than 4 months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Major lack of communication
nice people to serve
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the time with them, I had the opportunity to learn some new things that I have never done. The last supervisor/co worker was a good guy to work with, he was very knowledgeable.
no one cared if you showed up to work or not
Quality (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlMay 25, 2015
Had and got a good job if you had family member already working here. Not dependable or stable. Management was also family or former co-workers. Hardest part of the job is putting up with the favoritism.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many family members
Stay far away from this place.
Woker Bee (Former Employee) –  Hunsville, AlMay 21, 2015
Everyday was a challenge. Everyone comes to work in fear of losing their jobs because of what they might say or do. The nepotism and good ole boy network are alive and well here. Schedule driven, poor HR procedures, lazy/difficult co workers because nepotism allows them to be. Just steer clear of this place.
Pros
Pay scale was good
Cons
Environment of fear.
Office Department
Office Assistant/Courier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaApril 1, 2015
I worked in the office department. There was only 2 coworkers who worked in the office department. I was the office assistant. I helped out the front desk, and my office manager. I learned a lot with this job. I thank Calista Corporation for the work experience. I enjoyed working for my native corporation.
The Company is an excellent place to work along with the coworkers.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Accounting Dept.October 22, 2013
I had an independent part of the Accounting Department and would do what was asked, I learned some of Costpoint 6 & 7. I helped with Accounts Payable, the copy machine, Contract Briefs and utilized the 10 key often. When needing help with any project my co-workers were very helpful and most fun to work with. I loved volunteering for the fund raiser at the golf tournament.