Callaway Gardens Employee Reviews

Its okay
Valet Attendant/Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 26, 2019
There has been a change in management at this location and the new owners are really judgement and not open to new ideas or ways of thinking. They also underpay there employees. and only care about money
Callaway Gardens is not a long term job for me
Housekeepeer (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Callaway is an okay place to work,but we are super slow now.alot of great co workers..this wouldn't be a long term job for me.i was just glad to get a job and start working.
Sometimes fun but can get stressful
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 8, 2019
I didn't really like my boss but I made the best of it with my coworkers. We had to collaborate most of time to make things work but we made it happen. A great place to find new friendships.
Cons
Had to stand a lot for my position
Upbeat work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Overall fun work environment. Some periods of stress and high intensity work during busy holidays but you get the opportunity to learn how to work as a team to ensure the best customer service possible.
Pros
Meeting people from all around the country, excellent tips, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Standing on your feet for long periods of time, no breaks, and working big holidays.
Took reservations, seated customers, attended to any requests and needs for customers to make their dinning very enjoyable.
Hostess, helped servers when needed. (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 18, 2018
I loved this place and the job. They were all very good to me. I drove 2 hours to and from work. I loved it that much. I worked different shifts. The holidays were my favorite,especially Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.
Pros
Working with all of the staff.
Cons
Short time to eat .
See below
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAAugust 31, 2018
Enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life and transporting them to the various cites of interest on the Resort and explaining the History of the Resort.
My favorite job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAAugust 9, 2018
I loved being a housekeeper. Looking making other happy along the way. You meet some great people and working as their housekeeper is even more amazing
Fun work place. Friendly fast workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there it was my first job. I worked there 3 Yeats. I had good laughs and made many friends. Very busy all the time. Learn many new things.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Good breaks
it was ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAAugust 5, 2018
Really don't have much to say about it was ok
I would go back

If I could make better money. I always worked very hard to make the day go by. I can do anything that I have been trained for.
Pros
lunch was 2.50
Cons
didn't make enough money
Fun fast paced working area
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJuly 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Everyone loves a great Customer Service representative. Multicultural are of work with little to no stressful days. This is where I built my customer service skills and time management.

Want to know more about Callaway Gardens?

Ask a question
fun place to work
Cottage Housekeeping Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJuly 20, 2018
enjoyed opportunity to work in various areas of operation loved working with guest and meeting people from all over the world liked the opportunity to serve others who choose to vacation at Callaway Gardens
lodge and spa
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAMay 29, 2018
the job is amazing i liked it every day i was the managers are super lazy and have bed attitudes its a cool work eviroment and you meet alot of people
Nice Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAMay 16, 2018
I loved working here in the beginning, and then they started cutting hours and closing down the restaurant, so I lost hours and pay. I asked for more hours and they couldn't help, so I resigned.
Wonderful
Host Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAApril 26, 2018
It was simply a wonderful job. I worked as the host athletic trainer for the men's and women's Gulf South Conference golf championships. I had the privilege of working this event the past two years. I had an awesome time.
Very good place for me to learn skills
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAApril 24, 2018
My internship at Callaway Gardens helped to further my knowledge of becoming a manager for my future career. It helped to show me what I do and do not like about working in the food industry.
A great place to relax.
Spa Concierge / Receptionist / Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAMarch 13, 2018
I love working at The Spa at Callaway Gardens. I always enjoy going into work and my boss is wonderful. The resort is a great place for families to have fun and have a nice vacation.
Pros
Discounts around the resort.
Cons
Having to work holidays.
Callaway
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day at work in a fast-paced environment would be hectic. Management varies from department. The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with customers from diverse locations.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Callaway Gardens
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 31, 2018
I would not recommend this employer to anyone. It wasn't suitable for me. I did not enjoy this experience due to poor management and an undesirable work environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Environment
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 30, 2018
One of the best places in America to work. Great benefits, coworkers, and management which rewards hard work and advances individuals based on merit and performance.
low pay no advancement
Golf pro shop manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJanuary 25, 2018
things may have changed, company has been over hauled since i was employed there. there are no employees currently there that i worked with so i cannot give a current and accurate account of the company