Callaway Golf Employee Reviews

fun, good managment, poor health care
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXApril 2, 2019
typical day at work at was coming in, me and my supervisor scheduling every truck for delivery, getting it done with a crew of 3 men. very fun place to work, and our Warehouse manager was very likable.
Pros
fun, good enviroment, great leadership
Cons
poor health care
Great company
PRODUCTION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 8, 2019
It was a great company to work for.
Provided good salaries and benefits for their employees.
I was happy get to work with such good managers, supervisors and fellow employees.
Premium company with high standards that challenge employees
Sr. Mgr. of Site Development & Design (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 28, 2018
Supported customers both internally and externally for technical support issues, architectural design consultations, and planning. The hard part of the job was being in charge of all aspects of Performance Center design and build projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in charge of all aspects of Performance Center design and build projects as well. Enjoyed the travel and working with customers throughout the world. Callaway is a fun place to work as it provides golf related products for the world.
Pros
Creative and flexible
Cons
None. Great place to work
Nice place to work at
Global Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2018
Enjoyed working there. My coworkers had been at the company for more than ten years and I noticed very low turnover. My manager and her replacement are very well know in the industry.
Pros
Nice place to work at
Cons
Not all management is accessible
Fun working place
Golf maker Operator & double jack (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MANovember 8, 2018
I loved working in callaway it’s fun working there... all people I work with they’re nice, cool 😎 I enjoyed workin in callaway.. I was the one the faster working in this company everyone respects me as a good& hard work
Was a great place to work at
set up tech (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAOctober 3, 2018
The job was great I would work there again people treated you like family the managers where great and the only problem was the union sometimes made it difficult
Decent place to work
Boiler Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAAugust 14, 2018
Good job ffor my title and position at the time.union seemed to protect less disireables. Great 401k and stock options. Good compensation and bennefits for job description.pretty good. Direct management
Pros
Good pay and bennefits relaxed job moost of time
Cons
Down size
Good work enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92008July 9, 2018
Very good work enviroment. Making antes producing golf clubs. Putters etc.
Pros
Yes. Medical insurance
Great Place to Work for
Quality Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2018
They usually try to take care of the employees first...very hard to do during economic downfalls because of the nature of golf's business. They restructured and fought very hard to keep the morale of the employees up during layoffs. Offered bonuses, job retraining, resume assistance, and professional assistance in finding new jobs. Cafeteria was incredible, lots of free or discounted golf, and LOTS of free or highly discounted product to try out.
Pros
Employee events, great benefits, training, bonuses, promotions
Cons
Difficult to balance home/work life, but they are working on it
fun place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2018
Very good place to work and a very fun job to have. Lots of travel and some very long days, but very rewarding work. Pay was good and great benefits. Management seemed to really care about their employees.
Pros
great job
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun place to work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 21, 2018
While Callaway struggled for several years to come back from the economy, the last few years have been fantastic. It's great to work for a company that's successful. The culture is great too. There is so much enthusiasm and passion everywhere you look and we're always doing something fun like Callaway Live recordings, March Madness competitions, celebration of major wins, etc. There's a large onsite cafeteria with excellent food as well. Although employees have a lot of fun, we're also required to bust our butts to stay number 1 in the industry.
Awesome Company to work for
Demo Day Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2018
Just an overall great company to be a part of with great management! They really value their employees and help them advance. There is a reason the company continues to have very successful years!
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Being a rep in the golf biz doesn't mean you play golf all day
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I loved Callaway. The product is amazing and so easy to sell. The tough comes in the product cycles and when they are released. It makes it tough no matter what part of the country you are in. Nothing comes out at the same time so you are asking accounts to take on product when there is no reason to take it on. Typical day is on the road setting up meetings to show product, take inventories, keep up relationships, etc. Demo day season is long. It beats you down if you have bad weather, but it is what it is. You have the ability to hire reps which is very helpful, but you have a budget with them. My manager was outright the best manager at Callaway which made it awesome. He stayed out of our way, but when we wante to create a deal he was there to support us and he made suggestions on how to grow business.
Pros
Selling amazing product
Cons
Pay structure
premier company in the industry
US Sales and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I worked there during the "Ely days". A wonderful inspirational man who moved not only the company forward but the entire industry. I was very fortunate to be a part of the innovation and creativity of that time period.
Good, Reliable
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I was responsible for organizing workflow and production with the operation embroidery machines.
I also operated the IBM computers and peripheral software, embroidery software, and pad print machines
Nice Job.
Inventory Control Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Good relaxed environment with an alright pay. Not enough work sometimes sent home early. Very chilled working environment but easy job to do. Friendly people.
Pros
Its relaxed enviroment
Cons
Not enough work
Highly Mismanaged
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 27, 2017
Moved manufacturing to China and Mexico, management mostly concerned about their bonuses. R&D and QA Mgmt big time micro managers (lots of people left because of them). Cliquish. Greedy CEO and board members. Used to be like a family there, now it's very cut throat and not much imagination. VPs sleeping with people with no repercussions. Just a toxic environment unless you're a white male in the boys' club.
Pros
Good benefits, nice cafeteria
Cons
Unreasonable, goal expectations given lack of control of overseas manufacturing. A "let it slide" mentality.
Terrible team environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 19, 2017
Expected work hours in our department were 50+ hours a week. All teams were over worked and expected to do the rolls of people who had been let go. While we had good vacation time you were penalized for using it. Couple all this with an extremely toxic environment to work in. It is not a fun place to work. The only plus is the CEO.
My first 40 hr/ week job
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 14, 2017
i liked this company. i was able to climb in this compay quickly. they started a project and chose me to be one of the supervisor and train the incoming technicans.
Pros
I was able to advance quickly
Cons
12 hr shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Labor worker (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 8, 2017
sort and pack the balls, drive the forklift very relax work , Supervisors always happy and given us a great incentive to keep working with this company
Pros
Free lunches and breaks
Cons
Nothing bad or wrong on this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Callaway Golf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight