CALNET Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2018
I've been with the company going on 16 years. Its a friendly professional working environment. The company has great benefits, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k plan.
Pros
Friendly professional environment
pleasure working with us army and i will love to work with them again
Role Player dari translater (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CANovember 13, 2017
i love working with calnet as a translater i know 4 languages which is Dari Pashto , Farsi ,persian i worked with army as a translater dari languages to english i lived in army base for two weeks and other 2 weeks at home
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Productive workplace with great team and work ethics.
Business Capture and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 9, 2017
I was a recruiter for Calnet hiring mostly Arabic linguists in support of US troops in Iraq. Management was hands off and supported each recruiters style/work. Hardest part was to get the linguists through the process starting with language test, security paperwork/clearance and medical exam. The most enjoyable part of the job was deploying qualified linguists.It was a team effort and I loved the environment provided by Calnet.
Pros
Extra rewards for the hard work.
Cons
Dependent on other teaming companies for contracts.
No longer exists
Linguistic and Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2017
This company lasted about a few years only because it was a translation job. When the military was sending soldiers to the Middle East, I helped train the soldiers Farsi.
very people to work with
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 7, 2016
i worked with calnet from 2007 to 2008 and I really like it. the management was grate, very helpful and looking after their employee
First Linguist Job overseas
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaJune 16, 2016
It was astonishing to land in another country for the first time in my life and work. I loved the working and living environment.
Contract company
Ft Gordon Sr. Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 1, 2015
Linguist company, fair wage and good benefits, as with being a contract company, it all depends on the contract and the government.
overall good working place
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GASeptember 27, 2015
I learn a great deal from this job and loved all my office co-workers. The management staff in GA were great and I was very lucky to work with them. My co workers and I all worked well together and did over and beyond to get the job done.
Good place to work, on site at SPAWAR
Operations Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Non-supportive on-site management, too much employee turnaround, supervisors lack people-handling skills and tact. Supervisors lack college degree in the field of computer science. Lack of cohesiveness and sense of teamwork due to no support from site management, which works too closely and in agreement with government employees and "leadership". Lack of communication from supervisors and most were left on their own to find out how things are done on many instances. Lack of training and too many certifications required for positions that have nothing to do with the type of certifications one needs to have.
Pros
SPAWAR work site was top-notch
Cons
unprofessional supervisors
Position was changed mid swing
Personal Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 5, 2015
I loved doing Personnel security; boss was great. The company as a whole had some things management was doing that I did not trust or necessarily agree with. The reason I had to leave was because my job requirement changed from doing Personnel security to driver, having passengers that were candidates. I did not agree with it and requested this change to stop. I signed up to be a Personnel Security Specialist and not a driver. This was out of the scope of my agreement. the company would not change it and I gave my two week notice.
Pros
Personnel Security part
Cons
scope of work
very productive
Interpreter/Security Force Protection/Escort (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin CaliforniaOctober 3, 2014
Loved working for calnet as an Interpreter and cultural Advisor for over a year had great time working with them in Fort Irwin California at US Army base
Pros
also 3 times a day free meal and transportation from home to work
Cons
health benifits bonuses
Good software development work
Telecom Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Got opportunity to work on good wireless development , TDMA and LDMS system.
Good cok formpany to wor
Quality Control Arabic Linguist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 29, 2014
It was different from what I was doing before and excited.
I had to leave to get married on January 2011.
Verry good Benefits
Interpreter & Role (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 25, 2013
its nice opportunity to give training to U.S. army who they Protect our Land, I'd like to give my soul for who give me there trust!
Linguist, CAT III (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 31, 2013
This a great company, I get my security clearance through, also it give me the chance to serve my country
Well managed working environment with emphasis on meeting target assignments
Arabic Linguist (Former Employee) –  GTMO - US Naval StationOctober 8, 2013
Adaptation to multitasking work environment

Gain of additional exposure to new skills
Pros
Great opportunity to excell
Productive and learning place to work for.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 1, 2013
Calnet is a good company to work for. Good place to enhance your knowledge and very interested in employee career advancement.
military training company
Linguist/Role Player (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Work with military personnel daily. I learned to work in a stressful environment with many different managers giving different orders. Co -workers were all from same background as a for linguist go. Hardest part at times was working far from home. The most enjoyable part was traveling.
Pros
hotel, food, per diem
Cons
cut pay and no health benefits.
i was working with the military civilian it was so fun,
Translator (Former Employee) –  fort Irwin US ArmyFebruary 11, 2013
nice work place worked for contractor with the military they were so respected and was fun,good management co workers very nice the hardest part when i was working in the desert in winter very cold or in summer very hot, working with military was very fun
Pros
free lounches
Cons
we have normal breaks
We could only do recreational activities at our free times
Arabic Linguist for the US troops in Iraq (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 18, 2013
It very great to me to have worked with our troops in war environment! Every seemed to very serious in accomplishing his/her job, since the job was mainly about the safety and security in Iraq in general. The was kind of team work, and everybody helped everybody whenever he/she is overwhelmed. There were times when we celebrated and had fun too.
Pros
we had free residence, meals, and transportation.
Cons
all vices were prohibited.