CALUSA HARBOUR Employee Reviews

Terrible for a first experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 26, 2018
Calusa Harbour is a great place if you want to be turned off from being a CNA.Management is very disrespectful,and treats the workers bad.The department that I worked in was assisted living,but it was really skilled nursing,they keep residents who are total care and can't bear weight for money.They are ALWAYS short staffed,putting 2 workers on each floor for 44-48 residents (a Care manager and and a med tech) during the day and 2 workers for the night shift for the entire building.Nurses do not feel like they should help and call CNAS into a room to get water for a resident.The pay is the lowest that you can find (9.50 even with experience) and you only get a .24 cent raise a year.The coworkers also argue and fight every day in front of residents.Its not a good job at all.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
Pay, Management, staff
Stressful
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 5, 2018
Calusa Harbour is just a rotating door of bringing people in and them waiting up to two weeks for orientation. in that time people either accept other job offers or go through orientation and get minimal training at best and then thrown into the mix. most people end up leaving because what was discussed during the interview is not what actually happens when it comes time to work. other people leave because they are able to get paid $2-$3 dollars more for less work. most cna's make $9.50 - $11 an hour and that's with experience. there is also NO additional pay for being a med tech. the nurses are over stretched and over worked but at the same time have the most gossip. some nurses will even praise a coworker one day and then throw them under the bus the next. Management does not care about it's staff, often times there is only 1 med tech and 1 CNA on the floors (nowhere near enough) for proper care and it doesn't help that assisted living is turning into a skilled unit. many of the residents that live there need constant care and supervision. it is extremely difficult to keep track of residents that have dementia when there is only 1 CNA on the floor and the med tech is passing medication . MANY things need to change, however that will not happen because management won't fix a broken system or more like they refuse to
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
managment has no clue what actually goes on on the floors and want people to do more with a lot less, Massive conflict of interest
Slave drivers-Good ol' boy mentality
employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 27, 2017
I worked in Calusa Harbour for a year and I always found myself overburdened with work, work is not distributed evenly within departments. Rules are set in stone and there's not space for free-thinking, improving or freely expressing oneself, what management says, goes no matter how absurd or irrational the task can be ( this is by far my mayor issue with them). Never ever got 40 hours a week, the y always kept me at 30 or 32 hours per week. Very poor, at best, communication between departments, front desk still rely on a Rolodex instead of a digitalized database. maintenance is a mock up, building is falling apart, leaking, patched walls etc, funny thing is you always see maintenance personnel running around "as if" they're doing something but they found themselves overwhelmed but the poor state of the building and the huge amount of amount of requests to fix stuff.
Pros
Average pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, Management, management
No advancement available
CNA AND MED TECH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 20, 2018
No advancement available. No support by management. No cooperation from management.. Co-workers ran the building. Heads are turned when problems arise
Not a good place to work if you don't want to work like a slave
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers FLNovember 19, 2018
Bad company that's why they can't keep no one due to no respect,less pay, and works you like a slave with up to 8-13 patients out you and why some of the managers don't do nothing at all
Pros
Being involved with the patients
Cons
Not enough help
it was a nice place until our manager left
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33901November 28, 2018
serving, cleaning, entertaining residence also making sure all residences was satisfied. Making sure all residence watch their diet as well because that played in a big part of they health while they were living there
Pros
bonus checks for christmas
Cons
short breaks
Coperative
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  2525 first street fort myers fl,33901March 13, 2018
Working at Calusa Harbour is competitive and sometimes cooperative. I learned alot of things there in regards of doing different types or kinds of work. My manager was very willing and would encourage to make me keep on moving and making sure I'm comfortable with everything I do.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work staff
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 21, 2014
typical day at work- get report, start taking off orders, follow up with doctors, labs, diabetic checks & insulin, neb treatments,skin & treatment care. Management attends cross over & supplies feed back as needed.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
evening shift
Fast pace, friendly, humble work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, Fl.July 27, 2014
While working at Calussa Harbour I got to experience more customer experience with people who have Alzheimer and Dementia. I would see them throughout their meal times and I would serve them with a positive attitude.
productive workplace
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 16, 2012
It was a very good job. Learned alot about being a server/hostess and loved working with the elderly.

Want to know more about CALUSA HARBOUR?

Ask a question