CAMBA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work envirronment
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2018
CAMBA is a great place to work if you enjoy helping others.
You can advance your career if you apply yourself and your skillset.
There are really great people who work there and they bring a professional attitude to work everyday. They have a very comfortable setting and it is gender safe. Everything is confidential, and did I mention great benefits!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not enough to mention
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
This work place was very nice and inviting. The work we achieved was amazing. Definitely would recommend. Great for aspiring teachers it will definitely get you mentally prepared for a classroom setting.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
n/a
The worst place to be employed
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Management sucks they set unrealistic goals for their care coordinators. They don’t want you going in the field. You have supervisors who should not be in that position they are disrespectful to their staff. The salary is too low for the pressure. I’m looking for another job.
I’ve only been here five months and did not even complete the six months probationary period yet. The turn over here is horrible every week someone is always leaving. Don’t come here to work.
Pros
Coworkers( care coordinators) are real nice.
Cons
Horrible place to work and it may be just this location church Ave office
Great job outdoors
Crew Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cable, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Build mountain bike trails. Working outdoors with a variety of people.

Easy going attitudes of most of the employees made for good teamwork.

Positive feedback from the trail users much appreciated.
Good company to work for.
Network Administrator/System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I learned a lot working with Camba. I was involved in many different projects and technologies. Most of the technologies are Microsoft Windows Networking administration and automation which includes direct management of Microsoft Exchange Server, Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, Skype for Business, WSUS, including database management of SQL Servers etc
Cons
Not enough salary
Poor Management
Professional- advanced degree (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, New YorkJanuary 18, 2018
This site was extremely unorganized and hectic No support of substance and always putting out emergencies. Management
never has an encouraging word only demands and two faced.
Do yourself a favor and look at other agencies.
Cons
People in the same position are paid extremely different salaries, not a professional environment at all.
Fast Enviornment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Each day was a step closer to clients becoming aware of what ahead in life, I learned it always best to count your blessings, you never no how your life may end up. CAMBA is very multicultural environment. The hardest part was disappointments clients endured, this is why my passion to help other will always bring happiness and success to others. I enjoyed achievements of the clients. when a person is on their last leg and make goals, there is no better pleasure other than achieving.
Pros
family enviornment
Learned So much
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Learned so much from CAMBA, Great organization would recommend this job to anyone. Also would recommend to homeless women especially if you are suffering from Mental illness or chemically abuser.
Pros
Love this place
Cons
No Cons
Camba Was A Place Where They Held Opportunities For The Youth And Young Adults To Get A Job During The Summer Mines Was Daycare which I Enjoyed
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2017
Camba Gave Me An Opportunity To Gain A Job During The Summer Of 2009 It Was A Program That Went Through My High School I Picked A Daycare The Area Was Good So Was The Staff
Pros
Good Lunch Break, The Kids Respected Me, Good Hours, Pay Was Good
Cons
Just a temporary job for the summer
Fun work place to clean and get the job done.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 24, 2017
This job was a good experience to interact with others while working an interesting job. Cleaning with others was fun and showed that we can work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
We had an hour break
ok
Social Service Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 16, 2017
No apprication for staff horrible communication amoung direct care and supervisors and clients at some locations are under served. I really made a big mistake
No room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2017
CAMBA was great in the beginning but I feel like the work environment was hostile and it was no room to grow.However, The hours were steady. If you are looking for a job with no chance to advance this place is for you.
Over worked under paid high turn over poor upper management
Escort client to appointments (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 14, 2017
Overwork underpaid poor upper management people getting promoted on who they know in the company people getting g promoted for being a snitch and kiss @#$%
Cons
okay if you want high school in your workplace
Young Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 11, 2017
Camba is a very close knit tight community
however its like high school for grownup very filled with cliques .
however they have a lot of programs for the adult populations
They have wonderful benefits but like most non for profits they tend to be run awfully.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
very cliquish .
Important and Life changing
Assistant Program Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 6, 2017
CAMBA is a non profit organization that provides life changing opportunities to their clients/staff. I enjoyed providing services to our clients, as I knew it would make a positive change in their everyday life. Working with our clients, I learned to have patience and better yet, an understanding that no matter who you are or where you come from, we all deserve an opportunity to succeed in life.
Pros
Making a difference in people's lives.
Cons
Budgets
Fun
Program Director Brooklyn, NY (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2017
its an amazing place to work for because everyone is so understanding, truly wants the best for you and pushes you towards your goal. It has its up's and down but overall the company itself is an amazing company.
Pros
decent work hours
Cons
low pay
I did not like working here
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 7, 2017
I did not like working at CAMBA. They have a high turn over rate and management is poor. The environment is not supportive, and management seems to be against the staff.
productivity and staff
Youth Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at camba at pink houses is ridiculous prepare yourself to go into your own pockets to provide yourself with any supplies you might need the staff depends on who you deal with is very difficult to deal with and they are very immature

The higher ups do not care about anything but themselves

POOR
Disgusting
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 28, 2017
Management is absolutely ghetto and unprofessional. Staff meetings are ghetto and case managers receive write ups when they provide proof of absence. Upper Management choose who they want to financially assist and now they merged two departments together forcing case managers to do more work in the office, way too many home visits a week, clients complain about you because your out on Home visits for other clients and management doesn’t even defend you. Trust me if you get another job offer, take it because this company isn’t worth getting out of your bed for, they make it seem like everything is good but it’s never good. When you say GM to them, they don’t say it back. It’s just not worth it.
cut throat
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2017
the company itsefl is not bad but the site i was at was the most worst site to work at management is the worst and dont know how to talk topeople at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight