CAMBER Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contract Work
Release and Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
Camber Corporation runs a very strong organization. Unfortunately it is contract work which makes job security unsure. I would highly recommend Camber.
I wish it never ended
Small Arms Repairman/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 10, 2018
This was a government job for a great company. We did small arms repair for the military, traveled all over the world without having to pay a dime. The pay was amazing
Application Development
Aviation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 5, 2018
The team that was in place during my time with Camber was outstanding. The collaboration among the team to develop mobile applications for the Army was awesome.
Pros
Offsite work
Cons
unrealistic deadlines
Great People
Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2018
MGT Really intuitive and aloud for growth. Huntsville a nice and growing area with plenty of contractors. Super nice HR and staff, Easy to get to know folks..
Camber for me was great.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  virtual locationJune 8, 2018
They were good people who cared about their employees. They were just in a situation as the subcontractor that created problems. I truly felt as though camber tried very hard to care about their people. i felt sad when I had to leave. I wish I was able to work for them on a different program.
Pros
good rapport
Cons
partnership at the time
IT Support
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 4, 2018
Very associate friendly workplace. I enjoyed working there. I was presented with many challenges and rewarded well. Good place to work. Would still be there if officehad not closed.
Camber provided a solid support structure and opportunities
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMay 8, 2018
I managed a globally deployed group of seasoned professionals as a part of the Camber team. Our team achieved a significant number of successes working collaboratively with our customer. These successes were directly linked to the Camber team's experience level and "can-do" attitude.
Pros
Camber's desire to promote from within.
Cons
Difficult to coordinate meetings for a globally distributed work force.
not enough training
Aquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2018
There wasn't enough training in the fast paced and disorganized department. The department handled Foreign military sales which is very different contracting requirements. These things made it a difficult job
Work is good
Site Lead/Action Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 24, 2018
However, upper management not involved either in daily, weekly, or monthly communication/observation of ongoing activities as long as the program is going well.
Ok place to work
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2018
It could have been worse. Co-workers were amicable and pleasant to work with, but the management was new/inexperienced and it showed. Didn't know how to lead or guide people.
Challengement
Business Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJMarch 1, 2018
The excitement this company delivers is just endless. Wow, every day I went to work was the best day of my life. They make the greatest product you can imagine.
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Senior Information System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work and the team is awesome. Stressful at times, but the people make up for the stress of the job itself. Work can be redundant at times, but never dull.
Needed better middle management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 14, 2018
company lacked overall middle management and strategic vision. They could have been competitive on multiple contracts but did not adequately staff to meet contract requirements. Having a good tool set falls on middle to upper management, which Camber lacked.
Pros
Cons
poor healthcare, poor benefits
Good company to work for
(IMD/HUMS) Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Worked for Camber for 10 yrs as a Field Support Representative for a Navy Contract. It was the best experience I ever had. Worked closely with the military, program development and while there were long hours, it was always a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Working and supporting the military
Cons
When the contract was over so was the job.
Poor communication and disconnected management
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJanuary 23, 2018
I was only there for a short time and was very unhappy. I felt when interviewed I was mislead regarding the position I applied for. Management was not engaging with staff and had a very nasty attitude towards everyone which caused bad office morale.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor direction and management
Productive and professional
Vice President and Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 17, 2017
The company has changed as it morphed from an 8(a) business through a large employee owned company to a division of a larger company. Good opportunities for professional development.
Productive work place.
Senior Analyst/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 29, 2017
I have over 40 years experience at NSA as an analsyt, reporter, resources manager and collection manager in addition to 4 yeas in the USAF as a Morse intercept collection operator and trick chief.
Pros
Worked for a program manager who was very familiar with my performance as I worked for him before.
Cons
Lack of foresight.
Awesome company
Department of Defense Military Science Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 24, 2017
Great company to work for; very good leadership. I truly enjoyed working with quality people and effective and trustworthy management. I had a blast; very welcoming and helpful towards its employees. Super benefits, 401k and salary.
Pros
Leadership; salary; benifits
Cons
Overseas positions; time away from home;
Great company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92106October 12, 2017
Camber is a great company that has talented employees. The rewarding work is fairly well compensated. The compensation can be limited when tied to contracts.
Pros
Great work / life balance.
Cons
Limited compensation and raises
Wonderful Place to Work
IT Security Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
A great place to work that is relaxed but demanding in terms of the job. I loved the job because I was not micro-managed but encouraged to be team member.