CAMBER Corporation Employee Reviews

Camber provided a solid support structure and opportunities
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMay 8, 2018
I managed a globally deployed group of seasoned professionals as a part of the Camber team. Our team achieved a significant number of successes working collaboratively with our customer. These successes were directly linked to the Camber team's experience level and "can-do" attitude.
Pros
Camber's desire to promote from within.
Cons
Difficult to coordinate meetings for a globally distributed work force.
not enough training
Aquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2018
There wasn't enough training in the fast paced and disorganized department. The department handled Foreign military sales which is very different contracting requirements. These things made it a difficult job
Work is good
Site Lead/Action Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 24, 2018
However, upper management not involved either in daily, weekly, or monthly communication/observation of ongoing activities as long as the program is going well.
Ok place to work
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2018
It could have been worse. Co-workers were amicable and pleasant to work with, but the management was new/inexperienced and it showed. Didn't know how to lead or guide people.
Challengement
Business Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJMarch 1, 2018
The excitement this company delivers is just endless. Wow, every day I went to work was the best day of my life. They make the greatest product you can imagine.
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Senior Information System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work and the team is awesome. Stressful at times, but the people make up for the stress of the job itself. Work can be redundant at times, but never dull.
Needed better middle management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 14, 2018
company lacked overall middle management and strategic vision. They could have been competitive on multiple contracts but did not adequately staff to meet contract requirements. Having a good tool set falls on middle to upper management, which Camber lacked.
Pros
Cons
poor healthcare, poor benefits
Good company to work for
(IMD/HUMS) Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Worked for Camber for 10 yrs as a Field Support Representative for a Navy Contract. It was the best experience I ever had. Worked closely with the military, program development and while there were long hours, it was always a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Working and supporting the military
Cons
When the contract was over so was the job.
Poor communication and disconnected management
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJanuary 23, 2018
I was only there for a short time and was very unhappy. I felt when interviewed I was mislead regarding the position I applied for. Management was not engaging with staff and had a very nasty attitude towards everyone which caused bad office morale.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor direction and management
Productive and professional
Vice President and Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 17, 2017
The company has changed as it morphed from an 8(a) business through a large employee owned company to a division of a larger company. Good opportunities for professional development.
Productive work place.
Senior Analyst/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 29, 2017
I have over 40 years experience at NSA as an analsyt, reporter, resources manager and collection manager in addition to 4 yeas in the USAF as a Morse intercept collection operator and trick chief.
Pros
Worked for a program manager who was very familiar with my performance as I worked for him before.
Cons
Lack of foresight.
Awesome company
Department of Defense Military Science Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 24, 2017
Great company to work for; very good leadership. I truly enjoyed working with quality people and effective and trustworthy management. I had a blast; very welcoming and helpful towards its employees. Super benefits, 401k and salary.
Pros
Leadership; salary; benifits
Cons
Overseas positions; time away from home;
Great company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92106October 12, 2017
Camber is a great company that has talented employees. The rewarding work is fairly well compensated. The compensation can be limited when tied to contracts.
Pros
Great work / life balance.
Cons
Limited compensation and raises
Wonderful Place to Work
IT Security Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
A great place to work that is relaxed but demanding in terms of the job. I loved the job because I was not micro-managed but encouraged to be team member.
Great work environement and people in Dallas location
Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Govt contracts fail to come through sometimes resulting in periodic layoffs. But otherwise a great place to work with awesome people and work atmosphere.
Great Management Team!
A&P Specialist - Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Mirage, CASeptember 25, 2017
Camber recruited, provided training, and Field Service Representative Certification on the General Atomics Gray Eagle UAV Program. The company clearly cares about its employees and goes way beyond the normal expectations to keep its employees productive and balanced. I was a full time contractor on the Gray Eagle Program as a Deployable FSR for both CONUS and OCONUS assignments. The rotation was a great balance with excellent benefits!!
Pros
Management always available for their employees
Cons
Camber did not have a "downside."
Outsstanding company
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 11, 2017
Worked jointly with USA Army TACOM on implementation of lean manufacturing, Outstanding working relationship with Government counterpart. Provided program management for all TACOM sights under a specific contract.
Pros
Very interesting work
Cons
Contract ended
Disconnected
Senior Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 5, 2017
As a contract company at this location the support was non-existant. The original program manager was fired and never really replaced. When the contract was lost it was as if they cut all ties and provided zero assistance in placement in another position. In 3 years the company visited our site once. he was there for 30 minutes and was never heard from again. The company has been bought by another larger company so things may improve going forward but my time with them is done.
Pros
hands off leadership style
Cons
No leadership or representation from the company.
Good Company to work for although little chance for advancement
LEAD TECHNICIAN/A&P MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAAugust 31, 2017
Contractual work schedule is very convenient during time off. Fast paced work environment. The Hardest part of the job was the very little opportunity to advance. Management did a great job of allowing me to run my site with very little interference.
Pros
I was allowed to work freely with little micromanagment
Cons
Contractual work ended
Government Job
Civilian Military Armorer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 30, 2017
I immensely enjoyed my time with Camber Corporation, it gave me a sense of duty to my country while providing the kind of salary and benefits a person could easily support a family with.
Pros
Providing a service to our men and women of the United States Armed Forces
Cons
100% Travel.