Cambia Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Contract worker
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2019
I had several roles during my 4 sets of assignments. The work was varied with a focus on Information Technology work. Many phone conferences, used electronic tools.
Pros
IT area
Work with Caution
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2019
Workplace culture is the main problem here and your experience as an individual will largely depend on who you end up with as a manager. The pay is great, but you will earn every penny with the stress and political garbage you'll need to put up with. Work here with caution.
Pros
Annual incentive payout
Cons
Just about everything else
Discrimination and micro/macro aggression
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2019
Lack of transparency and respect. Very hostile and morale destroying.

If you want to get disrespected daily, have your hard word ignored and your mistakes amplified...welcome to your new employer.

After raising issues with management around hostility and retaliation and having my email ignored, I resigned.

I worked over one year and 3 months with no merit increase while watching those who came after me be rewarded for being nasty and disrespectful. I was told that I would have to be meaner and more aggressive in order to force other team members to share their knowledge.

I am loving, supportive, encouraging and helpful..those are the characteristics that they do not want in the department.
Pros
Great vision and mission outside of department
Cons
Low morale, hostile, cutthroat and passive aggressive manager and lead
Very immature atmosphere gossip and rumors lead to distractions and drama.
Customer Service Representative Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 29, 2019
Very immature atmosphere gossip and rumors lead to distractions and drama. Job was easy and some room for development but your job is not safe as again rumors and drama can lead to management finding a reason to let you go despite your job performance. If you work here be sure to mind your own business.
Work smarter, not harder and get rewarded
BSA Mngr (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2019
Best company I’ve ever worked for who truly care about every employee. You have a name at Cambia and are not treated as just another number. Days can be stressful, but everyone works together and not one person is left with all of the stress alone
Pros
Work from home, paid time off, competitive salary
Cons
Parking
Cambia Health Solutions is strategically minded
Senior Technology Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
Cambia Health Solutions faced several impacts in the healthcare industry and has strategically created new products and services to offer to consumers.
Stress-free and friendly environment
Membership Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WANovember 26, 2018
The workload is constant but easy to learn and manage. The employees are friendly and look out for each other. The company emphasizes a positive impact for the customers and for the health insurance industry.
Workplace filled with smart and driven people
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2018
Cambia has a great mission and it's one of the major things that gets me excited about the job. Obviously helped by the fact that they hire really outstanding people who I'm lucky to call coworkers.
Enjoyed working with people and the challenge of the job.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Cambia and never had any issues at work. I was always at work and hardly ever requested time off, never called in sick. My one issue is that I was let go because the position I was in was eliminated, however I am now finding jobs opportunities online at Cambia for the same or close to the same position that I was doing before being let go. I have applied for 3 positions in different departments and have been told that they have decided on someone more qualified, not real sure what it takes to be rehired, but still trying.
The employees that work there are very help and willing to go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.
Fun place to work if you are in a good department
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2018
Each unit of the agency is managed very differently. There is an agency hierarchy and customer service is at the bottom. I was lucky enough to not be in CS and had pretty decent leadership until my last role.
Pros
Less than 8 hour work day
Cons
Frustrating management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 9, 2018
If working in the healthcare industry and helping about people with quality care, then this is the job for you! Everyone is extremely supportive in helping you to reach your goals and provide exceptional service to all of our customers and members.
Intern Review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2018
Cambia provided interns with interesting lunch and learns to help us understand the whole business. My manager gave me a lot of autonomy to complete my projects.
Too much corporate politics
Director of Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2018
Corporate politics gets on the way of productive work. Individual career goals drives leadership more than a common goal to deliver on the company's promises.
"cutthroat company"
"Former Analyst" (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 11, 2018
If you don't fit in with the team they will try to force you out silently. Very "clicky" culture equivalent to high school. Micromanagers as they find ways to track what you are doing. Weekly meetings are meant to harass and scare you. Beware of accepting an offer with this company. They will dump a huge workload at you and expect you to complete within a time frame to satisfy a manager that is completely incompetent.
Productive and fun work enviornment
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 10, 2018
I absolutely loved my job with Cambia Health Solutions. It is definitely a place to grow and love and retire. Friendly office staff with collaborative managment. 11/10 would recommend.
There are Pros and Cons
Claims Service Analyst /Membership Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 25, 2018
I loved the work that I did, I found it interesting and stimulating. Most of the management was nice and easy to work with and a lot of the issues that we faced was beyond their control. I loved working from home and the fact that they put a lot of trust in us to make our own choices. They did not micro manage at all. The CEO is out of touch with the workers and mass lay offs happen often. There are good bonuses and other compensation but I worked on average 60+ hours a week the entire time I worked there with mandatory overtime required.
Good company
Senior Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
I am no longer employed at Cambia. I don't have much to say it has been a long time since I worked there. Seattle office is far better environment to work than Portland office.
Very Talented People Work there
Facets Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
With sate of the art Tech Infrastructure and very talented people work to make the Tech with Healthcare a seamless blend.People integrate thoughts through meetings and grooming sessions.
Pros
very open work environment
Lots of talented resources
Certified Scrum Master - System Analyst (Current Employee) –  100% remoteApril 16, 2018
Can be a good place to work, however frequent layoffs of highly skilled experienced individuals routinely occurs. No in house training, training is expected to be on the individuals own time.
Pros
Annual Bonus Incentive
Cons
annual layoffs
Meh... just meh
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2018
When I worked at Cambia, the health insurance business was turned upside down by the ACA and ICD-10. So I may be speaking about a company under significant stress but basically I did not have much respect for the management there, based on how they interacted with people. It was very cold and matter of fact and personally I think all business is about relationships and projecting confidence and dependability and that is not what I experienced while there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambia Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight