Cambria Employee Reviews

Never work here
Mixing Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNFebruary 12, 2019
If you enjoy your life and want to keep living it then cambria is not for you they work you like a slave from the 1800's and you dont get paid enough for the amount of money you make this company. getting paid $16 an hour but then you make 100 plus slabs a 12 hour shift and each slab is worth about $2000 so not good pay horrible managment and bosses they will try and throw people under the bus to cover there own butt.
Pros
nothing good to say.
Cons
everything to say.
Not the best place to work
Soft line 2 formulation (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNFebruary 7, 2019
This place needs to get better management, and better communication. They treat you like you are expendable and have no respect for you. They like to put a fake face on and say they care about their employees but in reality we are just a number.
Pros
Schedule was nice
Cons
Everything else
Certain departments are good to work for.
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNFebruary 5, 2019
I like my department and the manager treats me well.The most enjoyable part is that I get to educate students and help them to succeed in life. I work evenings and like the students I work with.
Don’t believe anything a lot of smoke and mirrors.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 2, 2019
Work as a driver at King of Prussia, Pa location, well was promised the world at interview by manager and found out the hard one it’s all a lie. First he is very insecure and watches everyone like they are children and he also bipolar, one day he speaks the next day he hates the world. Likes to talk down to people reminds me of a bully. But really a punk. Anyway 7 hours are the max hours you will get in a day maybe 32 to 36 hours a week , if by chance you work over 8 hours one day he will cut your hours the next day hard to make a living that way . Cambria it self seems like a good company but as far as King of Prussia, Pa do yourself a favor and stay away unless cambria one day wises up a get rid of the manager there
Pros
Uniforms, healthcare
Cons
Every Manager is on a different page
Terrible work place I do not recommend this job to anyone
Driver/ warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2019
I was attacked physically by an employee a week after employment. The management is extremely races. The direct supervisor at the time made rules that were against work laws! Example “ I wasn’t allowed to use the restroom unless I notified my supervisor “ an he would have to give me the ok. But that didn’t apply to everyone just a select few. Someone also broke into my car an stole personal information out of my car . This has to be one of the worst job experiences of my life.
Pros
Lunches
Wasn't bad
Picker/Packer/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNJanuary 21, 2019
I have worked in multiple departments throughout Cambria and have had difference experience for each one. Management was the biggest problem around the company but you have to work past it to get the job done. Some employees were a little lazy but that is normal in most jobs. I would go back if I had a chance.
Pros
Employees.
Cons
Management.
i do not recommend working here
CDC Lead, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNJanuary 8, 2019
this is the worst job I ever had. the only people who move ahead in the company are all high school friends. they only hire druggies and drop outs. people were dealing drugs in the parking lot on breaks and before and after work. Cambria is a joke.
Pros
cookouts once in a while
Cons
management management management
Terrible management with no Leadership
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 8, 2019
The culture is awful, moral is always low, and it seems like everyone is always looking for another job or way out. Honestly the work is isn't bad at all,the pay could be better but isn't terrible. Would be fine job to work at if management actually had any respect for there employees and actually worked and collaborated together. Instead they argue and are always trying to one up or make each other look bad. Communication is awful, and there is absolutely no incentive to work hard, as it is never praised or even acknowledged, and the only time management sits us down is if we make a mistake. If i could give management negative 5 stars... I would.
Cons
Abysmal management
You either "get it" or you don't
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 4, 2019
Cambria offered me the culture of excellence that I wanted. However, my experience was that the mentality is that you need to be on your A++++ game from the minute you walk in the door, or you're not going to make it for long. There is little interest in training (even though people have all the time in the world to do their personal business). Bottom line is that you either "get it" right away and can run with the wolves, or you get left behind.

I worked for the Finance office, and to be fair, I think that the new CFO is going to bring a lot of positive changes to the culture in that department, including better work/life flexibility and tolerance for mistakes made with good intentions. However, I wasn't able to stay long enough to experience those positive changes.

My perception of the people around me was that there was an odd dichotomy: one group was categorically approachable, warm tolerant, encouraging etc, and the other group was just the opposite: cold, stuffy, impatient and perfectionistic. Never before have I experienced such wide extremes in the overall culture.

Overall: if you're top of the class, it's a great place. Otherwise, it might be best to keep looking.
Pros
Striving for Excellence. Great pay and very good benefits.
Cons
You're expected to be an expert from day one.
Managemenr
Formulation Lead (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNDecember 16, 2018
Poor management. Always hostile environment. Well underpaid for what is expected. They are under staffed for a reason. People shouldn't have to look for new jobs in order to get what they deserve
The review summary for Cambria depending in Department sometimes was fair
Rock batcher, lead, (Former Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNDecember 15, 2018
Should I work for rock patching was very poor due to Christian toll because Christian is not the great supervisor or manager for that department she was a constant liar
Pros
Respectful employees learn special skills very hot and dangerous
Cons
The Heat getting burned getting experience a multiple equipment
A very clean plant to work in
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNDecember 2, 2018
This company prides it's self on organization. The work force is diverse and has opportunities for career growth from the entry level to lower management level. The product is bar non the finest in the counter top industry with many designs to choose from.
High turnover for a reason
Gallery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 29, 2018
Avoid at all costs. Toxic, arrogant, power driven atmosphere. Dishonest, incompetent supervisor actively violated employment law multiple times and used fear based motivation tactics. Very controlling personality who does not know how to manage people
No work life balance, management in MN makes decisions without gathering all of the facts.
Distribution Center General Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CANovember 7, 2018
If you want freedom to make decisions to help the company grow....there is very little independent thought allowed. Executives from MN keep everyone guessing...
Just a number
Polish line lead, process control technician (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNNovember 2, 2018
If you want a job where you do exactly as you are told, without any personal input...by all means, work for Cambria. In my three years of working there, I did get some valuable experience, but it came at personal cost. The night shift is a better shift to work if you don't like being hassled.
Pros
Rotating shifts, paid breaks
Cons
Poor benefits/compensation
Stay away!
Corporate employee (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNOctober 14, 2018
Cambria leadership is primarily concerned with maintaining their image and demanding secrecy - even between departments within the company. The company has no organized plan for the future so everyone just does the same thing day in and day out and change is generally unwelcome. Communication is minimal and there is no goal-setting/annual review process. Management is focused on watching the clock to make sure that employees are at their desks for every minute between 8AM and 5PM. Benefits are poor and the maximum vacation potential is 3 weeks. Corporate culture is non-existent and there is no opportunity for career advancement.

If you want a job where you're always guessing because expectations are rarely communicated and you don't need insurance or vacation, then this will provide a steady paycheck. However, if you're looking for a place where you can add value, grow your career, and feel appreciated then stay far away from Cambria.
Pros
Cons
Poor benefits, poor leadership, no career growth, no annual review, and no communication.
exellent place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas txAugust 5, 2018
I love to work for cambria is one of the best company I ever work, the group of leaders are excellent.I was so happy to work in this company. God bless Cambria
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
good braeks
Co workers are fun to work with. Laid back .
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNAugust 5, 2018
Good steady hours. Paid lunch breaks are nice. The people there are friendly to work with. Tough to move up. Seems like it’s not what you know it’s who you know.
Pros
Free lunches. Double time on sundays
Cons
No dental . Not much paid time off . Raises are spuratic
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 7, 2018
When new management came in it went all down hill. Hostile environment with no support from corporate. Customer service was no longer valued.
Used to be a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No raises
Great Place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJune 28, 2018
Great place to work. You are expected to do your job. Come in do your job and go home. The pay is higher than average for this area. If you work hard there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free monthly safety meals, paid breaks, pay
Cons
Needs better insurance and dental insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambria. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7