CAMBRIAN HOMECARE Employee Reviews

It was a great experience working with them
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 24, 2018
Lobed the job, they were extremely flexible with hours and worked with my school schedule. My coordinator was great! She was always understanding of any emergencies
Pros
Full time coordinators
Cons
had some difficult clients
Terrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun City, CAOctober 17, 2018
Most of the time you’re just treated like a maid, I had about 4 clients with just sit on the phone the entire time while they gave me orders to deep clean their house. I knew it would be lite house work, like washing dishes and doing laundry, but not scrubbing tubs and toilets while the person I’m supposed to be taking care of just talks on the phone and doesn’t seem to have a medical problem to where they need a caregiver. I didn’t become a CNA to be a housekeeper.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough clients
Why so Low?
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 16, 2018
if you want more hours you might be jumping from client to client wasting a lot of gas and spending time on the road because clients wont be close to each other. At times I would be taking care of kids which was not a problem but sometimes the parents would leave and conveniently forget their other kids as well but their other kids are older or something and can legally be in the house without supervision it was strange really and because it wasn't a after school program there was nothing to do with the kids but let them do whatever the parents had planned which at times was nothing and there were times I did not know I was going to be watching a kid until I got there so when the parents had nothing for me to do with their kids for the couple of hours I was with them I had to get creative I mean its my job to be hanging out with this kid not be on my phone ignoring them so I ended up having to buy my own just in case the parents don't plan kit for my car which sucked at times because the kids ages also varied and I never knew what ages I would get. I preferred to get the older clients their families usually had stuff for grandpa to do its funny that way.
Pros
you get your cpr card for free
Cons
lots of driving various clients.
its a nice productive place fast paced
care giver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2018
the other care givers are constantly working they are very hard working people very nice and they take care of buisness. i have been trying to get extra clients since i know they have available opportunities.
benefits
Cons
nothing bad about the job
to much work for very little money
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 17, 2018
working very hard for little money . boss was hardly ever their did not learn very much but did work with people of different cultures while working very hard but some of the people were very funny
Pros
funny older pepole
good people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 12, 2018
good place to work in they are flexible with days and hours the staff and clients are kind. case managers always try their bes to get you hours for work.
good work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sun City, CAAugust 7, 2018
While some employees do wonderfully some days and are less-than-stellar others, exemplary workers often demonstrate the same level of dedication day after day. If your employee is of this variety, state that he is, “consistently hardworking,” on his appraisal. To prove this point, reference scores from past appraisals, showing that he maintains the same level of excellence.
A productive fun comfortable work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2018
I love working with my clients one on one building good companionship with them so I can better meet there needs. My goal is to do what ever I have to do to keep my clients comfortable and happy.
Pros
I received bonuses
Cons
No breaks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 26, 2018
You don't get a lot of hours unless your very flexible and are more open to work. When I worked there I was paid 7.50 an hour now I don't know. You drive to client house with your own car and they pay for mileage, just not all of it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive activity with clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 13, 2018
i was trained and took a class for caregiving. I was hired and got experience with clients with dementia, Alzheimer’s, bipolar issues , diabetes, under oxygen machine , etc and also medicine reminder , light house keeping meal prep laundry , diaper change , bathing, bed bound , wheel chair transfer , paralyzed, and much more
Productive and Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 29, 2018
They are a wonderful company to work with especially if you are a new CNA graduate. The Company will match you with clients around you. The furthest that you might have to travel is 30min.
fun place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 5, 2018
I liked working only because of the patients I was able to make happy and see smile. It sometimes was a little stressful but was well worth it. I loved working with adults but more so children with mental disabilities.
Nice and friendly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMarch 20, 2018
The staff was very nice. The only problem I had was the short notice on sending me out on jobs. It made it very hard to plan around. Also I was supposed to work with Seniors and never got placed with any,
Promised hours never delivered
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 22, 2017
I went months with only one client with only 10 hours a month. After a year I only had two clients for a total of 20-26 hours per month. This is well below what I was lead to believe when I hired on with them.
Pros
liked recruiter
Cons
insufficient hours
Productive and Fun working with Client
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 18, 2017
Meet my client in home environment assist with homework reading comprehension and math. Play games on computer, board games. handball and basketball, bike riding and skating. Prepare meals snacks and dinner. Prepare client for bed by bathing and assist with dressing. Dressing client for school, assist in placing hand and leg brace on body. Walk client to bus stop for pick for school. and Meet client after school for drop off.
Pros
I work hours that is consistent with my School schedule.
Cons
Breaks are optional depending hours per day.
Great CEO and
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sun City, CANovember 14, 2017
Great incentives and great office Management at site. Loved working with all my clients and loved the compassion. Will wor for company again if the pay was raised for the job that is performed.
flexible schedule
In-Home Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 26, 2017
its a good stepping stone company as far as caregiver experience goes. you can work as much or as little as you want. the coordinators dont ever force you to go or work if you dont want to. if you do need work though you will get something.
A strong company with high standards for patient care
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 20, 2017
It's been a good company to work for. They accommodate my availability to work. The staff is always cordial and helpful. They show high standards for patient care. I'm proud to be a part of their staff.
Pros
Part time positions
Cons
Wish the hourly pay was higher
n/a
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
Have not worked for this company in years, but good company for beginners in the health care field. Very flexible for students. Pay is entry level. Main office located in long beach,CA,\
Great place to work!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 7, 2017
Great company to work for if you are looking for some extra money and a flexible schedule. You are in charge of how often you work, and the days you work which is a huge plus!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBRIAN HOMECARE. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about