CAMBRIAN HOMECARE Employee Reviews

Internal Employee
Admin (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 25, 2019
This is a good place to start to learn things since they will take any person who doesn't know how much they should be getting paid. Good place if you keep to yourself and dont talk to anyone. Be careful if you do this since they might take it personal. There is a lot of inappropriate behavior and comments coming from upper management. It makes everyone uncomfortable and you have to play along or you fear you might be fired.
Pros
Fun Sometimes, Free burned coffee
Cons
Inn
Very Unprofessional
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 21, 2019
I go weeks without getting any calls for work and when they do try to give you something its for 2-3 hours once or twice a week. Thats not enough to even pay a phone bill... I love helping people truly from my heart but the pay here starts at 12.00 its below minimum wage in LA. There so bad when it comes to communicating they will call in the middle of the day when your at school and ask you if you can cover a shift and they do not leave voicemails or do courtesy calls letting you know that they are working on getting you cases... Do not waste your time with this unless you have a car then you might get work... nonetheless it’s exhausting trying to find any work with them they claim they have clients everywhere yet I haven’t worked in a month.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no cases, no room for promotions
Don’t apply if you are a male. Salary is also not worth it.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 18, 2019
One of those jobs where there is no advancement and you’re paid horribly. Hours are never enough so you’ll be lucky to get anything even as a female, and if you’re a male, you’ll make barely enough to fill your gas tank to drive to your client. You’re essentially both wasting your time and efforts while being paid nothing. The staff or administration that runs the office are at times professional. Final verdict: zero stars!
Pros
Gas money
Cons
Wasting the gas you just earned/no hours
CHill
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working here, my clients were like family. We got to know each other and patients knew who we were and were always excited to see us walk through the door because they knew they would be taken care of.
Medical maid service
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 17, 2019
If you are looking to get into the Medical field look somewhere else. This is the uber of medical home health care. The pay is low and they don't pay you properly for mileage. You are a medical maid and nothing more. I would advise anyone to work for a small medical clinic instead of working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Way too low in pay
Very flexible
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Great work space and incredible clients . Very safe and a great learning experience. Need more hours but it’s a great way to start off and grow in the homecare company.
Excellent! Really enjoyed my time there!
Respite Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2018
Cambrian is a lovely company. Very much enjoyed my time with them. Very flexible and accommodating to your schedule. Many opportunities available especially for those willing to travel.
Cambrian Homecare: Great Place to Work as a Part-Time Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 15, 2018
As a caregiver, you call the agency and request an assignment. Your supervisor will then call you, and give you the client's contact information. Once you contact the client and get their address you show up on your assigned work day to give in home supportive care. This job is great for part time workers, as you get to set your own schedule and work days that are best for you.
Pros
No set schedule, get to work the days you want
Cons
Not all ho
It was a great experience working with them
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 24, 2018
Lobed the job, they were extremely flexible with hours and worked with my school schedule. My coordinator was great! She was always understanding of any emergencies
Pros
Full time coordinators
Cons
had some difficult clients
Terrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun City, CAOctober 17, 2018
Most of the time you’re just treated like a maid, I had about 4 clients with just sit on the phone the entire time while they gave me orders to deep clean their house. I knew it would be lite house work, like washing dishes and doing laundry, but not scrubbing tubs and toilets while the person I’m supposed to be taking care of just talks on the phone and doesn’t seem to have a medical problem to where they need a caregiver. I didn’t become a CNA to be a housekeeper.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough clients
Why so Low?
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 16, 2018
if you want more hours you might be jumping from client to client wasting a lot of gas and spending time on the road because clients wont be close to each other. At times I would be taking care of kids which was not a problem but sometimes the parents would leave and conveniently forget their other kids as well but their other kids are older or something and can legally be in the house without supervision it was strange really and because it wasn't a after school program there was nothing to do with the kids but let them do whatever the parents had planned which at times was nothing and there were times I did not know I was going to be watching a kid until I got there so when the parents had nothing for me to do with their kids for the couple of hours I was with them I had to get creative I mean its my job to be hanging out with this kid not be on my phone ignoring them so I ended up having to buy my own just in case the parents don't plan kit for my car which sucked at times because the kids ages also varied and I never knew what ages I would get. I preferred to get the older clients their families usually had stuff for grandpa to do its funny that way.
Pros
you get your cpr card for free
Cons
lots of driving various clients.
Staff was always friendly
Housekeeping , care giver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work and they cared about their employees. Always efficient. Had very friendly clients. Coordinatersalways were profesional and very knowledgable. The clients were greatful and appreciate our service.
its a nice productive place fast paced
care giver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2018
the other care givers are constantly working they are very hard working people very nice and they take care of buisness. i have been trying to get extra clients since i know they have available opportunities.
benefits
Cons
nothing bad about the job
to much work for very little money
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 17, 2018
working very hard for little money . boss was hardly ever their did not learn very much but did work with people of different cultures while working very hard but some of the people were very funny
Pros
funny older pepole
good people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 12, 2018
good place to work in they are flexible with days and hours the staff and clients are kind. case managers always try their bes to get you hours for work.
good work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sun City, CAAugust 7, 2018
While some employees do wonderfully some days and are less-than-stellar others, exemplary workers often demonstrate the same level of dedication day after day. If your employee is of this variety, state that he is, “consistently hardworking,” on his appraisal. To prove this point, reference scores from past appraisals, showing that he maintains the same level of excellence.
A productive fun comfortable work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2018
I love working with my clients one on one building good companionship with them so I can better meet there needs. My goal is to do what ever I have to do to keep my clients comfortable and happy.
Pros
I received bonuses
Cons
No breaks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 26, 2018
You don't get a lot of hours unless your very flexible and are more open to work. When I worked there I was paid 7.50 an hour now I don't know. You drive to client house with your own car and they pay for mileage, just not all of it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive activity with clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 13, 2018
i was trained and took a class for caregiving. I was hired and got experience with clients with dementia, Alzheimer’s, bipolar issues , diabetes, under oxygen machine , etc and also medicine reminder , light house keeping meal prep laundry , diaper change , bathing, bed bound , wheel chair transfer , paralyzed, and much more
Productive and Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 29, 2018
They are a wonderful company to work with especially if you are a new CNA graduate. The Company will match you with clients around you. The furthest that you might have to travel is 30min.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBRIAN HOMECARE. Our community is ready to answer.