Cambridge Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful workplace
Advisory Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 1, 2018
The work environment is stressful and lacks good management. The benefits are okay, but the lack of career development is alarming, I would not recommend working here
Good Product
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 24, 2018
Cambridge Associates had a good product in their simulation software to design integrated circuits. Unfortunately they failed to get the necessary funding to continue to improve and to operate.
Pros
Great software writers, good management, wonderful engineers. Good product with lots of differentiation.
Cons
Little to no funding to advance the technology.
Very poor management
Investment Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 4, 2018
A typical day at Cambridge is extremely monotonous. We collect and enter client-level investment data into our system. We also handle daily requests - most being urgent. In addition, we are thrown projects our managers should be handling better. Managers should do a better job of being transparent in what is actually taking place. Withholding pertinent information from employees make us feel extremely under-appreciated. We learn of even simple decisions at the very last minute. Because of the lack of good management, at least 5 to 6 people resign from my department each year. The overall workplace culture is a ball of confusion. No one knows how we should interact with each other. All but the newly hired staff are constantly concerned about job stability. This insecurity eventually rubs off on the less-tenured staff, and the cycle continues to repeat itself year after year.
Pros
Benefits and Flex Work Schedule
Cons
Management being un-communicative
Review
Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 17, 2017
The company does not prepare you properly for the future. It prepares you to do as they wish for you to do, with random ad hoc requests from directors.
Very slow and not opportunity
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 25, 2017
This environment was not a best-fit for most people. Steer clear if possible unless you are there for a short time period. No growth for most if not all areas.
Too many chages and low pay
Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 24, 2017
Monotonous work at times, pay was very low for the amount of work that was done as no OT and no additional benefits for working 80+ hours a week. Too many changes that were not commnicated
Nice People but poor culture
Investment Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 7, 2017
In my department there was little opportunity to advance and take on diverse work. Though the management was caring, a lack of desire for confrontation created unrest. Overall they only expect people to stay 2 years so they do little to find new and challenging work for the more senior team members.
Good place to work for a year
Investment Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 27, 2017
Cambridge is a good place to get into finance. Unfortunately, the company doesn't provide much guidance around career progression so your best bet is to get out after one year. The company is also downsizing quite a bit since it isn't doing very well in the industry. The pay is below market and promotions are based on time instead of merit, which upsets a lot of talented hard working employees who end up leaving a few months after they are passed on for promotion.
Pros
young environment; flexible hours
Cons
low pay; bad management; no career progression guidance; promotion structure
solid place to start your career in investments
Investment Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 2, 2017
This is a solid first job right out of college. You get exposure to different parts of finance and consulting. Turnover at times is a concern. There is a collegial dynamic which can help get through stressful periods.
Very educational and Enjoyable
IT Semester Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
I had never worked at a big company before, and with great management and a great team by my side, my semester internship was excellent. Every day was great just commuting in, getting work done and leaving in time to get a train back to school, which they were very flexible with when weather was an issue.
Best place to work in my entire career experience!
Executive Assistant to CTO (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2017
Cambridge Associates is most definitely deserving of my highest recommendation to anyone looking for a diverse workforce with a collaborative and stimulating atmosphere. The benefits and pay are excellent and the leadership sets a commendable example for the rest of the staff. I would welcome the opportunity to rejoin this firm.
Pros
Pay, benefits, atmosphere, opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
None that come to mind
Great place to learn from the talent around you
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2017
A very supportive environment filled with talented people. Work/life balance seemed to be solid for the majority of people, including flexibility with work hours
Good work life balance, great people.
Investment Performance Analyst, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
You can get a lot out of your experience working at Cambridge. You may have to take more "self-starting" actions to do so, but the opportunity is there.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Healthcare is decent
Good Company
Investment Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 31, 2017
Cambridge Associates is a great firm to work for as they provide hands on training and a enjoyable work environment. The work is interesting and provides tools to succeed within or outside of the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
You learn a lot at CA. There's always room to grow and the managers are top notch. Overall, a great place to work both pre- and post- MBA. I really don't have anything bad to say.
Pros
Good managers, great peers, excellent development opportunities, etc.
Cons
I really can't think of any.
Great place to start your career
Hedge Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
Cambridge Associates is a great place to learn the investment business and interact with some intelligent people/investors. One downfall is that they tend to think they're a little too smart for their own good. Minor complaint, but part of the culture.
The Absolute Best Company I've Ever Worked For!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 10, 2017
Waking up and looking forward to going into the office is something that is taken for granted... working at CA was the best experience ever! I wouldn't trade my time there for the world.
Pros
Great benefit packages, caring management.
Cons
Good people but needs to understand place in the marketplace.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Company that has good intentions and smart people but is experiencing a brain drain or overworking those that are still around. Trying to compete in a more competitive marketplace with aging systems and technology. Has been restructured 3 times in the last 3 years. Needs to understand what its value proposition is and where resources need to be allocated.
Difficult place to feel accomplished
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2017
Nepotism, lack of strong leadership and accountability make this a tough place to work unless you are part of the right clique.

Cambridge Associates is a firm stuck in its old ways.
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 4, 2016
Company is a great place to work for. Alot of tools and resources to help you in your career. Staff is very nice and everyone works as a team and help one another