Cambridge Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great hospital close to Boston!
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 14, 2018
Cambridge has been a great hospital to work with a very diverse population of people. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend anyone to work here!
Ob/gyn
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 13, 2018
My typical day at work would be verifying health insurances, answering incoming calls, reaching out to patients to confirm appointments, getting referral appointments for patients, making ultrasound appointments. This clinic is a diverse clinic, what i have learned is that you don't know what is going to walk through the door. The hardest part of this job is seeing the patients deliver their babies and not seeing them anymore. the most enjoyable part is seeing the newborns walk in through the doors.
Overall a manageable environment
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2018
"Old boys" feel to employees that have worked there for years. Closed minded to growth. Depending on the department it can be a nice energy. Fast paced.
analyst
Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMay 24, 2018
Management Needs Work Life Balance Training

Compensation and Benefits are fine.

Too many duties for a 40 work week.

Managers are not service oriented, lack ability to train.
Dedicated people trying to deliver on their mission
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 22, 2018
CHA is a safety net healthcare organization. Everyone there is dedicated to providing the best healthcare possible to all who walk in regardless of their ethnic background, religion, or sexual orientation. It is a very welcoming place.
Pros
Good, dedicated and well-trained staff and providers
Good health maintenance organization
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 21, 2018
This Hospital does a good job in caring for multicultural populations. It's not overwhelmingly busy. The protocols are easy to follow. Not a lot of different specialty procedures as at the Boston teaching hospitals.
Your work day is pretty much predictable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunity for promotion
Community hosp with many longtime workers
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 13, 2018
Culture was diversified. 8 Hr night shift position. Most times very busy. 25 Pts 4-5 nurses. Management rarely supported staff. Staff always helped each other.
Admin
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAMay 8, 2018
Scheduled patients, checking in, answering telephone calls, medication refills. Collect faxes and mail, obtain MD signature on necessary paperwork/documents.
Summary of work as a patient access coordinator
PATIENT ACCESS COORDINATOR ADMITTING DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 13, 2018
I worked at Tufts Medical Center for 20 years and wanted a change and I have not regretted a day working here full time. It is very busy in the ER and in Outpatient but that what keeps this company to in business. We deal with a variety of cultures and I have not had a problem because I find patients are here because they are sick and in need of our services. So it is my duty to do the best I can to make it a positive experience for all. I get along with my co-workers, management, and even upper management. I have enjoyed doing my job which is never boring and always challenging. We are in the process of implementing and learning all about the EPIC system and this should be quite a challenge in itself.

The hardest part of my job is when the computers fail and we have to do the work manually then enter all the days intakes in the system when it comes back up. It involves a lot more time doing the intake of info from the patients and it takes patients on my part as well as the patients as we may get behind while trying to get all the information correct from each patient so that when we enter it in the system later on; it is all done properly and that will help to make the billing process run smooth.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and talking with our elderly patients. I find the older patients are more patient, friendlier, and want to share stories of their families and of their experiences.
Pros
My job is a good paying job, offers OT whenever I need it, and my boss is easy to work with.
Cons
Standing for 8 hrs when in the ER, computers constantly not working
Productive and fast paced office
Practice Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cambridge Health Alliance. Everyone was always willing to help each other out. My coworkers were caring and friendly. My managers were always there for me and willing to help me with anything needed and they were very easy to talk to. Cambridge Health Alliance is a very fast paced office and you must be able to multitask. I enjoyed helping all of the patients that crossed my path on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job was that office procedures changed frequently and everyone was not always notified, it felt as if everyone was doing things differently.
Pros
Competitive pay, convenient location and hours.
Cons
Poor communication
Manager of Operations (Ambulatory Division) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 2, 2018
Typical day was filled with meetings, ensuring that all metrics were met in timely manner.
Motivating staff to give their best to meet department established goals.
Physician assistant in surgery
good overall benefits
excellent opportunity for growth
Great Place to work
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2018
CHA is a great place to work w/ lots of open doors. The people I work with are great and my shift is great.

I just wished my unit was better staffed.
productive and fun place to work with.
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAFebruary 27, 2018
i learned alot in my internship at Malden.i learned to do ICD 10 and CPT coding under supervision. i learned to do electronic claims working with epic and meditech and Athena. i would love to work with Cambridge Health Alliance again.
Difficult environment to advance
Administrative Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Worked for various sites at CHA for 5 years. Each time being told that it would "get better" at each new location. Empty promises continued to follow and ultimately got to a position where I was either going to be stuck in with no advancement since my current superior wasn't looking to retire, or I would have to move to yet another department and start over from there, which was something I was not interested in.

Overall, the work wasn't difficult but the environment and staff made it difficult to want to go into work everyday.
Pros
Good pay compared to rest of healthcare world
Cons
Union, difficult to advance
Run away!!!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 25, 2018
I've worked here for several years and can't wait to get out.

There's a lot of dirty politics happening behind the scenes.... I've seen more great workers either leave or get fired while the bad ones remain.

The company culture encourages conflict and unprofessionalism; Everyone throws each other under the bus.

Plus for the past decade the company has been in the red. (it's recently made a profit only due to short term deals like selling real estate, and receiving incentive money from the state.) .

If you're looking to avoid drama, CHA is not for you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
General day to day work life, company culture, lack of organization, failing fiscally, union protection of awful employees.
good pharmacy environment
Pharmacy Technician/Specialty pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 11, 2018
great pharmacy and pharmacists. Flexible work schedules. Parking garages and t-passes available. Free shuttles services. Good benefits. Additional pharmacy location in Malden.
productive
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Wonderful place to work but there is no hospital work without a lot of stress...
People are nice, including some patients... But as expected you can find some bad apples with the good one.
2 faced
Receptionist / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNFebruary 3, 2018
Management is very 2 faced. Feels like they never give clear instructions and expectations are never equal across the board. And they never tell you about changes that occurs within your departments. You have to just find out on your own.
great mission,long hours, very political
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Salary and benefits are great! Great mission! Senior leadership lacks the ability to articulate a plan which all could get on the same page as. Cultural conflicts between campuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight