Cambridge Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Every day was a different challenge as you never knew what walked through the doors. Kept you on your toes.
Business Services Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNDecember 12, 2018
There are wonderful things about Cambridge Medical center as their foundation hosts many fun activities that you can be a part in. Great team of providers and a cafeteria that offers great food and all day salad bar. Workplace culture is fixed and if you don't fit their setting they make it hard for you to feel welcomed. Something the President and corporate Allina Health is working on and making positive strides toward change.
Nice place to work
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 10, 2018
CHA was a great place to work. Sadly, I was hired into a contract position so I did not have the pleasure of working there for very long. Management was the best I have ever experienced and the people I worked closely with were friendly.
Productive and fulfilling
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy and fast paced. We are a group of diverse individuals who works well together and help each other out along the way. Our management staff makes sure this is an environment where our voices and opinions can be heard. The hardest part of the job is knowing that sometimes we wont be able to get a patient in as soon as possible because the schedules are full. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is knowing that you helped someone and they are satisfied with their care and the way they were treated makes them feel well cared for.
Pros
working with a group of people who truely loves what they do.
Cons
Lunch break goes by too fast
great place to work at
Practice Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MADecember 4, 2018
overall great place to work at, im just looking for room for growth and get my gears into something more challenging. I am tri lingual and looking to expand my abilities to be beneficial to departments that need bilingual help
Pros
location is commute friendly
Cons
n/a
Good
administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at CHA. Union environment is toxic and to some extent results in the dog wagging the tail. What was recently in the Boston Globe actually sums up the culture fairly well.
Okay place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 15, 2018
I have learned a lot at Cambridge, a great place to work, but the culture is a bit homogenizing among some management staffs. The enjoyable part of the job is I feel like I make a small differences on patients and family that I am honor to deal with.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Hard to get days off
Great Place to Work
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2018
Great place to work and grow both from a line staff perspective and mentoring into management roles. Projects are abundant and require you to come out of your comfort zone and learn independently.
Pros
diverse projects, forces you out of your comforts Zones
Cons
Limited management growth opporunities
I work per-diem and loved my work
Registration Coordinator/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 29, 2018
Worked in the ER which is very fast paced. Registered the patients coming in from the ambulance and also all walk-ins to the ER department. Admitted and discharged patients from the Inpatient, Observation hospital setting. Collected ER copays. Registered patients for laboratory or x-ray procedures.Submitted death certificates to the State of Massachusetts.
Had great co-workers. I enjoyed my job immensely.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Student
Tufts University Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 27, 2018
I was a practicum student here and did not get paid. As part of my practicum, I did research on the role of occupational therapists in after-school settings by observing children in an after-school setting.
Good
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 19, 2018
This was my first job out of college and the people who I worked with could not have been more friendly and supportive for everything that I needed from there.
Good
Assistant Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAOctober 19, 2018
I have not worked there for a long time but for the most part I enjoyed working for CHA. Their operations could certainly have used some serious improvement.
Challenging and innovative place to workk
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 9, 2018
I would recommend working at CHA. Even though it was busy, I enjoyed the challenge and the coworkers. The patients were great! Sometime management gets annoying, but that happens in many places. My direct manager was fine.
Great Place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 6, 2018
If I didn't have to relocate due to my spouse getting a new job I would never leave. Rehab is a quick paced environment however the benefits given are excellent as well as having a rehab manager who was willing to be flexible with schedules and days off
Must work independently
Clinical Quality Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2018
Job was mostly working on your own except when a quarterly meeting was coming up. Lots of computer work, data collection, excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
Hostile Work Environment
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here under the current "regime". In the past it was a wonderful place to work, but the current unit manager (pediatric and adolescent units) has unchecked power and she uses it vindictively. She has held multiple "interim" titles including ACNO. She has fired multiple nurses for mild (non harm to patient, staff or property), teachable moments. The MNA representation at CHA did nothing to assist them. If you want feel and be treated like you work at a for profit facility, and still pay union dues, this is your place.
Pros
Wonderful staff.
Cons
Hostile management.
Great place to work, great pay/vacation/job security
Registered Nurse (Medical surgical/tele (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAAugust 24, 2018
CHA is one of the best place to work, the diversity is excellent and the pay rate is very competitive compared to other health care facilities. The environment is very friendly and supportive, job security is very good.
Pros
great job environment and safety, promote continuing education
Cons
pay too much for union dues.
You matter.
Pharmacy Operations Specialist, Patient Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 15, 2018
This is one of the best positions I have held to date in my health care career. You feel like you are part of a team and your voice is heard. There is opportunity for growth. Amazing people doing amazing work to help the under served population.
overnight
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isanti, MNAugust 13, 2018
I was a Nursing Assistant/TMA. It was a new facility and the upper management was not certain how to take care of things. I did and overnight shift and we were responsible for more of the care of the facility rather than taking care of residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
upper management
patient care
Medical Assistant, Medical Specialties (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAAugust 9, 2018
Large company with many different locations. Great team of doctors, nurses, and technicians. All employees are serious about taking care of the patients.
Close-knit community
Orthopedic Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAAugust 6, 2018
CHA aids in the development of it's employees' career by aiding in the establishment of networking within the organization. There is support among it's employees. Many have worked in the organization for 10+ years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight