Cambridge Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Run. Please.
On site (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2018
This place will take your soul. If you can avoid it I hope you will. I know they have job openings, however know those are because the company has no moral or ethical support for the on site team members. DO NOT join if you want a balanced life. You will work 50+ hours a week and only get paid for 40. The expectations are unreal and unsupported. The culture of the company is some one has to go down and it won't be upper management. Please be patient in your job search I promise it will be worth it.
Pros
The other on site team memebers giving their blood sweat and time to make something out of nothing.
August 16, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. If you are still one of our team members we highly encourage you to discuss your concerns with your supervisor or another member of our leadership team. We have an open door policy and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. We aim to provide exceptional support for each of our on-site teams and we do not expect or allow employees to work off the clock. Please call our HR department at 253-534-7200 with any questions. Thank you for reaching out.

Awful Company 0
jacksonville (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2018
horrible place you are mico-managed by regional expectations are so high with demands. they only see numbers and want their bonus and you may get a crumb. never work for this company,
Pros
residents
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns while you were part of our team. We aim to provide all the resources necessary for success and we have an open door policy for our team members to discuss any concerns with their supervisors.

Unfortunate Employment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 6, 2018
I came to this place thinking they were organized, however I was fooled and clueless. Although management in local office is great to work for, there is so much stress from corporate with beating deadlines. The pay is horrible and should state entry level on application. Anyway I can go on and on complaining about the why not's when I can also move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
Monday -Friday
August 16, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you felt stressed in your position and that we did not have the opportunity to resolve your concerns while you were still part of our team. We always welcome employees to discuss resources and expectations with their supervisors. We have worked to develop competitive compensation packages for our team members. Thank you for your feedback.

Worst job in years
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WA and chehalis waMay 26, 2018
After being misled about the condition of the property and learning the upper management is all about their bonuses and treating maintenance staff ,worst management company I've worked for in 17 years,you will only get support when inspections come up at the last minute.
Pros
Cons
Everything at southcreek and chehalis valley apt.
August 16, 2018

We work to provide all our team members with the resources necessary to maintain excellent communities. We’re sorry you felt that was not your experience. We encourage team members to bring any concerns to their supervisors so that they may be addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

Horrible Place
Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
GM feels like making changes in staff will improved work standards. Florida is at fault state so they dont give reasons when they let people go. On call everyday and had to report any whatever time, including late at night. Thenwhen inspection time comes up, they like to blame Maintenance and fired them if they dont passed test.
Ok to work for but not easy to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2017
Enjoyable part of the job, Making the tenants happy, improving there quality of life. Hardest part is trying to explain why money needs to be spent to management, when they dont want to spend anything.

My building had a staff of 3 and a supervisor, when i left it just me and a mantenance tech. Its not easy when your building is getting older and older to keep up with less and less people.......
July 24, 2018

We’re sorry you feel your concerns were not resolved while you were part of our team. We make it a priority to provide our maintenance teams with all the materials they need to keep communities in great repair. Thank you for your feedback.

Poor Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 2, 2017
CMI is a growing company that has difficulties retaining their employees. Most if not all employees are very unhappy due to workload and lack of management.
July 24, 2018

We want all of our employees to feel well-supported by management and corporate staff. Cambridge has an open door policy. We welcome all team members to bring any of their concerns to a supervisor so that we can work together to resolve them. We’re sorry you feel this was not your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Cambridge management
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 24, 2017
I would not recommend working here. I love my job. However, management was very poor. I would never go back to this company but would love to stay in this field.
Pros
Pay
July 24, 2018

We're glad to hear that we were part of your love for property management, but we're sorry to hear you felt your experience did not live up to the Cambridge standard. We encourage our team members to bring any concerns to their supervisors so that they can work together to address them. Thank you for your feedback.

My last position was great
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 26, 2017
It really depends on the manager, if I based it off my last manager I would give her 5 stars for everything. But I had been trained in different offices and had different experiences. Also the pay was not the best. I believe it was only a couple of cents over minimum wage as an assistant manager (Starting). It depends on the size of the property you are at. But they give a bonus quarterly which helps. My office was great, but I had several experiences (in other offices) that were very unprofessional.
Pros
bonus, starting to have better management
Cons
some bad property managers, low hourly pay
July 24, 2018

We’re glad to hear you loved your previous position on our team but we're sorry you felt your next experience was less-than-stellar. Our leadership and Human Resources teams actively work to ensure the best possible working environments and are always available if there are any concerns. Our compensation packages have been updated and improved over the last year to become even more competitive. Thank you for your feedback.

Run do not walk from this company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 9, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. The regional manager was incompetent and it trickled down into every area. The properties were poorly maintained and any issues with the running of the facility were ignored. Run do not walk from any jobs with this company!
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
everything else
July 24, 2018

Cambridge has an open door policy. All our team members are welcome to express any concerns to their supervisors and if necessary, are welcome to speak to the next level of management so that we can resolve any remaining concerns. We’re sorry to hear you felt your experience did not live up to that standard.

So far so good
Porter/Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy working for Cambridge Management Inc. I am close to completing my 90 day evaluation. I'm waiting to hear about raising pay rate, and any other incentives provided to me by the company.
July 24, 2018

We’re so glad to hear you have enjoyed your time as part of the Cambridge team! Our Human Resources team is always available to discuss your benefits. Please reach out to us at 253-534-7200.

Can I give them less stars?
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 1, 2017
This place trades out maintenance guys every 90 days, before any kind of benefits kick in - though I don't think there were any benefits. Management was completely detached and didn't care about their employees or tenants. Many other employees told me they felt the same way. Given the opportunity, I would never work here again.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Company
July 24, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience at Cambridge. It is always our intention to retain quality employees and build efficient on-site teams. Our on-site and corporate supervisors adhere to our Open Door policy and welcome the opportunity to listen any concerns a team member may have. Our Human Resources team is always available to discuss employees’ concerns or questions about benefits. Thank you for your feedback.

Stabel place to work.
Leasing Agent/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 27, 2017
Some of Cambridge Management's properties are great to work for, only if you have a good manager running the property. If not then the property can go down really fast.
Pros
Free medical insurance
Cons
No bonuses, no raises. Can not live on property. No employee appreciation.
July 24, 2018

We agree that a great on-site team is essential for success at any community. That’s why we are always working to hire exceptional team-members. Our compensation packages have been updated and improved over the last year. If you are still part of the Cambridge Team, our Human Resources team would love to answer any of your questions. Please reach out to us at 253-534-7200. Thank you for your feedback!

productive nice environment
MAINTENANCE TECH (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 17, 2017
Flexible schedule and productive fun place to be within. Outstanding people within the company that are always willing to help and teach you more each day respectfully.
July 24, 2018

We’re glad to hear you had a great experience as part of the Cambridge team! Thanks for your feedback.

Very Good!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2017
Best company I've ever worked for. Loved the positive environment. Plenty of opportunities to advance if you are willing to put forth the effort. Great place to learn and grow!
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad we had the opportunity to be part of your property management journey.

Organizado
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
El trabajo me gustó el sitio es muy organizado y limpio soy una persona responsable y me gusta trabajar puntual a la hora de llegada al trabajo y muy poca ausencias
Pros
Seguro médico privado
Cons
Tiene tres tiempo de descanso el primero de 15 minutos el segundo 1 hora
July 24, 2018

Estamos contentos que haya disfrutado su posicion con Cambridge. Horas de Descanso varian dependiendo de su posicion. Nuestros miembros son bienvenidos a expresar cualquier preocupacion a sus supervisors. Gracias por sus comentarios.

just a job
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98466November 29, 2016
A job that I took and was paid $700 a month. I worked here for a short time till I could find a better paying job after my business shut down. the apartment manager was great to work for.
July 24, 2018

It’s always our goal to attract long-term team-members for our non-temporary positions, but we’re glad you enjoyed your short time with us! Thank you for the feedback.

Beautiful Views
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIMarch 6, 2016
Customer service, office management, people interaction, and great Supervisor. At times hectic as ever and other times not a peep.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to hear you had a good experience with Cambridge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4