Cambridge Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Customers over Employees
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 17, 2019
CSB is focused on customer centricity, at the expense of the employees. Benefits are great. Employees are generally great to work with. The bank is so focused on making the customer experience more and more efficient, the employees day to day operations are being undercut to achieve this goal.
Great place
Operations Officer/ IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 21, 2018
Great company with excellent growth potential.
Fairly good work life balance. Good vacation and benefits too. I had good hours. If you do your work and we’ll you will exceed.
Company had great benefits
Daily Operations Supervisor Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 13, 2018
I liked that I was left alone to do my job for the most part. Staff I worked with was a great group. They were all very dedicated hard workers that cared about each other
Good work ethics and fellow employees very helpful
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonAugust 17, 2018
Very focused employees and great supervisor. Employees are willing to pitch in where needed. (Team players) Flexible hours are available if necessary. Strong support from the supervisor in lending department.
Retail Dept
Assistant Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAAugust 14, 2018
overworked, cut throat culture. Disconnect from management. Too much sales pressure. No advancement for minorities. No employee support. Terrible retail management team
Good atmonsphere, room to grow in the right field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 13, 2018
As an admin there is no room for growth, but being an analyst or involved with the banking aspects much more room for growth. Not too much gossip, and fun crowd.
Its a good workplace
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAApril 10, 2018
Good Workplace, but I had the worst regional and branch Manager.
They are fired from the Bank, but still gives me a bad filings when I think about the way I left.
Wonderful management and great place to work
part time teller I interacted (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 29, 2018
I always felt safe, secure and completely supported by my management and I loved the interaction that I had with my customers. I wish there was an opening there again because I'm pretty sure they'd have me back.
Flexible scheduling and opportunities to learn and grow.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2018
-There's always something to do, big or small.
-Working in the branch, you get to know your customers so well, they almost become family.
-Sales are taken very seriously.
-The company could be more open-minded to employee ideas.
-Best part of the job was getting to know my customers and seeing how pleased and appreciative they were of my services.
-Hardest part was not being able to help customers with every issue.
Pros
sales bonuses, employee appreciation events, competitions for a chance to win prizes, HIGH discount on MBTA passes, free tickets to Boston's museums, discount on theme park tickets.
Cons
45min. breaks, not a lot of vacation/personal time given, not very diverse.
IT (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 24, 2017
I had several promotions while working at CSB. Internal and external training was provided. I don’t currently work there as I had to leave due to a critical illness.
Cold, cut-throat atmosphere. Poor management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MAAugust 14, 2017
This is a very cold banking atmosphere. Very poor training and managerial support. Most of the office/branch staff were very unprofessional and immature.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Very poor, toxic work environment
Great bank
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 12, 2017
Very professional, great environment, excellent management staff, friendly customers. Great accounts, overall an awesome place to work. Highly reccomended place to work
Great Loan Officers Horrible Senior Dept Leaders
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 1, 2017
The Bank is Great. CEO the best, however they seem to be unable to turn their Mortgage department around. A culture of belittling, micromanagement, and distain prevails. Not fair lending compliant, more like how do I feel about you and your customer today to approve exceptions. Mediocre programs nothing special to differentiate ... no respect from top down in dept.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAJune 22, 2016
I love Mondays, the day flies fast because I meet a lot of new customers and I start speaking them to open account and I explained to our product. I learned balancing ATM and window drawer. My co-workers was the best I was friendly with them. I did not see any hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was team work because my co-workers that I work everyone is always ready to help each other.
Community Company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA 02138April 11, 2016
It is a great local bank. Community focused and employees have plenty of opportunities to volunteer on behalf of the company.
small bank with good benefits.
Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 26, 2016
Small bank with good benefits. Promotions are for people you know in some departments. If you're entry level it's hard but senior management is a good position.
Great place to work.
Asst. Treas.& Mgr., Commercial Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAAugust 14, 2015
Management was supportive of each other and co-workers were happy and encouraged to do well in their responsibilities. They promoted quality in your work and provided an atmosphere that promoted personal growth and development.
Pros
Cambridge Savings Bank is dedicated to meeting their customers needs, they promote excellent quality service and provide their staff the tools and support to excel.
Cons
Nothing negative to say, it was great working there.
Productive and positive work place
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2014
Enjoyable, Love interacting with the customers and learning from my peers
Almost there- but not yet.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 1, 2014
Not so much with leadership. Terrible communication.
Poor from the top.
Good place to grow
Temporary Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 15, 2014
Got a long great with my colleagues. There's a lot of room for growth depending on your department. Many employees have been with CSB for 20 plus years!
Pros
Great growth opportunities
Cons
I haven't been here long enough to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Cambridge Savings Bank Reviews by Location