Cambridge Valley Machining

Working at Cambridge Valley Machining: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

Dont expect much

There are more unhappy faces than happy ones. No clear directive other than run the machine. If you don't have experience don't expect to get much here. They don't want to pay for experience and they have no real training for inexperience. Basic job with basic benefits and pay.

Pros

Good work hours. People are mostly nice

Cons

healthcare, 401k, advancement/increases, work conditions

Great people work there

Not a lot of stress place is very clean daytime hrs are great. Pay is low health insurance is expensive would be a great place to work if it wasn’t for the health insurance

Cambridge Valley Machining insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Awful pay for work

You will not make enough to pay bills I’m constantly DoorDashing to break even. Everyone there I super cool but also if you’re not used to this work it’s hard from the start but gets easier.

Fast paced, always changing

Great people to work with. Open door policy that worked. Hard to find good employees due to the country location, but it is a solid company, decent benefits and great people.

Pros

Employees, equipment, location, flex time

Cons

Hard to get good help

It's a perfect job to start right out of high school. If you're looking to make decent pay and actually pay bills stay away!

The place is run absolutely horrible! They never have the correct tooling and everything there is ancient. I can't tell you how many times we had to cob up jobs at that shop. They constantly lie right to your face! I was told I would get a raise because I was doing a good job and asked about that said raise 3 months later and got an attitude! Needless to say I left very soon after for a much better job! The owner will never give you a decent raise even if you work 6 days a week and do an amazing job. Yearly reviews are absolutely worthless because they don't come with a raise even if everything is aces. If you're looking for a good job to stay at for a long time in your adult life stay as far away from this place as you can! It is the biggest joke of a job I have ever had in my entire life.

Pros

Great coworkers and immediate Supervisor was awesome.

Cons

Everything else! Horrible pay and no one knows what's going on from the top down!

Cutting edge manufacturing form with growth potential

The work completed at CVMI is very impressive, as is the staff. The opportunity to learn is only as far away as your email, or a discussion with one of your fellow employees. It's exciting to watch the parts you make on in action on television, YouTube, or various other media outlets. There's no place like it in the region.

Pros

great learning opportunity

Cons

some times there is a lot to digest on an accelerated timetable

Low pay rates for type of work

This company has the potential for being great but the low pay scale for the type of work is not ideal for someone seeking the knowledge of running a CNC machine

Cambridge

Good place to start off your cnc career you learn a lot and is room for progress pay is iffy but good people and a good environment. For starting off it’s a good place to start

Lies, lies, and liars.

The owner of CVM lies to everyone. Lies to management, employees and customers. The lies create a viscous circle that makes for a miserable work environment.

would not recommend

There are many knowledgeable and capable individuals at this company, but there is a complete lack of respect for employees from management. Morale does not exist in my opinion. The culture that does exist often consists of finger-pointing and zero-accountability from leadership in my experience. I would not recommend employment here, unless there is no alternative.

Cambridge Valley Machining is a small family owned company that is a great place to work. Management is very friendly and cares about the employees' needs.

Horrible Place to Work

They lure you in with all this talk about everyone being a team, but in reality everyone stabs you in the back. Everyone is watching each other for chances to get you in trouble for the tiniest of things. Management is a complete joke, bring your problems to them and they will find a way to blame you for it instead of working on a solution. When I first got the job I was very excited because I have 13+ years of experience in production and many ideas on improving production flow and efficiency. They roped me in, wanting to hear my ideas, not even once did they ask for them once I started. They will wear you down, mentally and physically then spit you out.

Pros

Area

Cons

NO appreciation, no advancement, worst management ever

Its a job

Its some place to work but would not stay I would use it as a job of you are just starting out the co workers are awsome to work with along some engineers but the management need to get their act togeather

Pros

Flex time

Cons

Its a dog eat dog environment filled with gossip and drama

I recommend that you go in high because its not true that they give you a raise after a two month period. When i asked about it they turned against me. I had received shorted paychecks at least twice in a 4 month period. I received no recognition for outstanding hard work and good deeds. When i would try to express my concerns and problems to management they absolutely could not be bothered. I put up with this for half a year and i feel it was time wasted. So if your thinking of applying you may want to try anyplace else first. Good luck

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Everything else lol

Lack of management

There is no positive recognition. People are called out for what they do wrong but not encouraged for the good that they do. I would like to see more structure.

Pros

Flex time avalible

Cons

workers are underapreciated

Innovative and modern

CVM is a progressive company that excels at shifting its focus from one industry to another based on new business opportunities and existing client/market fluctuations. The work is challenging and dynamic. The company is "family owned" and it is very flexible. A good place to work.

Pros

Flexible management

Cons

Vacation time not commensureate with length of employment

Small company,good contractual work,family owned and operated.

stable organization with continual and repeatable contractual agreements within the aerospace and firearms industry,management easily accessible,equipment is modern and user-friendly.

Pros

Good pay, good workforce.Emphasis on quality.Decent benefits, including 401k

Cons

recent layoffs and cutbacks of hours.Facility, specifically bathrooms, are old and in need of updating.

Stressful Enviornment

Steady work, but a stressful environment, Good benefits, but poor management. Some managers are hostile toward operators and may blame their errors on the operators. In short, if you get along with the whole management team, you'll be in the clear, otherwise the kind of job you detest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Valley Machining. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits