Camden's Charter School Network Employee Reviews

Men need not apply
ES music teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 22, 2018
This school had a total of 7 men working there. 3 of them were part time teacher assistants. 2 of them were management and 2 were teachers that lasted one year. The principal found reasons to throw those men under the bus for any and every problem the school faced. Do not apply to this school.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
management, safety, benefits, teacher support, teacher contact hours, etc.
Great Coworkers
Language Arts and Corrective Reading Instructor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 25, 2018
I have made some of my closest friends working in this network. The hours are very long and the distance takes a toll out on me throughout the week. Even though it is only 30 minutes away it takes me almost an hour to get home.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
distance from home
n/a
Teachers Aide (Behavorial & Mental Health) (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with them. I loved the students and the staff were friendly. Day to day was hectic as each day was different. Some days were calm but most of the time due to their conditions, students would have different outbursts.Overall i learned to have patience & the importance trying to communicate with the child as best as possible.
Close knit
Principal (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 24, 2018
Camdne Academy has the potential to be a great place to work. Staff is very friendly and personable. Everyone strives to do the best they can for students.
Mismanaged
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 18, 2018
Treated all staff poorly with support. Not enough supplies. Teachers would hoard paper when it came in, and lesson plans couldn't be followed when it ran out. We were informed of very little once the state chose to close the school down. The board never even came to speak with us about the situation despite several meetings set up for such purposes. No students were expelled, despite several needing to be based on violence and other issues. Lack of discipline follow through. When sent to the office for negative behaviors, students would come back in 10 minutes with a prize. Not enough time for the teacher to cool down, and lack of respect for what the teacher had to go through prior to the student being sent out of the classroom. Anxiety abounded, and many teachers left throughout the school year due to such issues never being properly addressed by administration.
Pros
Great trainings
Cons
No supplies, no teacher support
Productive working environment
Middle School Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 15, 2018
Camden Promise Charter School is n excellent place of employment. As an educator, the opportunity to work with caring staff and an exceptional vice principal is beyond description. I value my time and experiences and have benefited tremendously, both professionally and personaly
Pros
Caring staff and administration. Great students
It closed down
3rd grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 7, 2018
No longer in operation the school closed down due to whatever the state deemed to be the reason we were given notice and that was the end of the working experience there.
Excellent Career
Account Payable (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 5, 2018
One of the best quality to work at Camden' s Promise Charter School is that you can excel in your position if you are willing to work hard. Working at Charter have helped me to grow in my career and my personal goals.
school
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 18, 2018
Very poor leadership at the high school. The school district was founded in the 90s and is the largest charter school in Camden. Kids are motivated to succeed.
Overall, my experience was not bad.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 31, 2018
I was there a short time thru a temp agency. The school closed down. I was let go without any notice. I worked in the HR department. My duties included filling, answered phones, data input, delivered pay checks to teachers and other duties as needed. Overall it was a great experience. I was exposed to personal, confidential information.
Pros
The work hours were excellent
Cons
Staff was not friendly
A Great Leadership Team
Spanish Middle School teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 23, 2018
It is a school where children are given the individualized attention that they deserve and where only a very disrespectful student would create a conflict with any teacher.

The administration is amazing and the teachers work as a team to plan the activities that the entire school partakes.
Pros
Resourceful teacher and organization of school based activities.
Cons
Almost none
The school has closed down
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I no longer work at this location because the school has closed down and is now owned by a new management.The company didn't have much support for its workers and did not advocate for the workers.
I enjoyed teaching here.
6th Grade Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden New JerseyAugust 25, 2017
I taught 6th grade math and Typical day was filled with teaching and classroom management. I learned the importance of effective lesson prep and innovative teaching styles.
Pros
schedue was great!
Cons
pay was not good
Fun place
Teachers Assistance (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 10, 2017
It was fun working with the kids here meeting all the teachers seeing what's done in the classrooms doing homework with them but the state close the school down wish they would have kept it open
I enjoy working at Camden Community Charter School. It is very rewarding.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 2, 2017
I love working at Camden Community Charter School. The staff and students are amazing. I am so blessed to be part of their staff. I believe as a teacher you set the stage. IF you come in negative the students feed off of that. Its important to stay positive.
Pros
I love teaching my students and being a positive role model for them
Cons
Its really hard for me to find one
Caring school with rigorious curriculum
First Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 19, 2017
The students at Camden Community Charter School learn to read starting in Kindergarten. They are also strong on their math and writing curriculum. They are very caring about the students and make sure that they are taken care of each and every day. They accept all students regardless of their academics or behavior. They serve the Camden City community to the best of their ability.
Great environment to facilitate, grow, and learn as both educator and student.
Teacher - 5th Grade (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Camden's Charter School Network is an ideal environment to achieve both professional and personal goals. As a teacher, I've had way more highs than lows as the faculty and students are truly "in it" for one another. I love being a part of the Charter School Network
Good work-life balance
Technology Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 27, 2016
Not a bad place to work, full benefits with salary, state retirement system. A little busy handling various teaching duties but overall a good start to breaking into the teaching profession.
Productive work environment
One on One Aide (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 11, 2016
My time at the Camden Community Charter was both exciting and productive. The faculty and staff showed strong comradely and worked well together as a team.
Not a bad school, works to get all students enrolled in college.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08105July 10, 2016
The school works hard to give students every opportunity for a successful career after graduation. Very technology oriented and current on new curriculum and programs for advancement. Not always supportive of staff issues but overall a good school environment.
Pros
Healthcare and opportunities for extra pay with after school programs.
Cons
Communication within departments can be difficult.