Camden Clark Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst hospital I've ever worked at!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 2, 2019
I worked at this hospital as a traveler for 10 months, reluctantly renewing my contract due to ease of location several times, and it was a very challenging experience. I found the staff to be quite disgruntled and difficult to work with. I believe this was due to poor management, however I would not recommend this hospital as a place of employment.
Pros
Cons
plenty
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 7, 2019
dont wast your time with evs (housekeeping) they lie to you all the time. The manger want you to think of then of god if they will found a way to get rid of you and you you work hard they want you to work harder and the one that work less they let get by i would not let my kids work there
Fun and very fast pase. Everyone worked tovdther
Opeating room, sterile processing (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 3, 2019
I worked in surgery department and sterlleprocessing the longest. I enjoyed the work,but I thought had more manger t then workers. And you guys employ a bunch of butt kissers
Pros
Fun, fast pase
Cons
Butt kissrrs. To many management
Management has changed for the worse
Pediatric Nurse; Post-Partum Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 2, 2019
On one particular floor there is new management. This new management has driven away good nurses and techs. Some the people working there who have left have been there for 30 plus years.
Pros
Educational Opportunities
Cons
No lunch break; No one wants to help because of management
Great work environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 6, 2018
Volunteering there was really great I had a lot of fun and the people that I helped were nice. The patients loved me walking in with a big smile on my face because it made their day better.
Pros
The manager was great and a lot of kids were doing their job
Cons
Bullying and some people weren’t very nice
Very fast paced job
Secretary/Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 4, 2018
I really liked the fact that the job was fast paced. Time would fly by while I was at work. Being on my feet part of the time registering patients was nice. I really felt better getting up and moving around some.
I enjoyed 17 years of service with this company, havc been gone for less than 2 years and still miss it.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 26, 2018
I grew both professionally and personally during the 17 years spent at Camden CLark. THe organization experienced many changes in ownership, management, and employment opportunities, cut backs and alterations. These changes were handled with grace and care by the managers and administration. I appreciated all that the company did for me and my family during my time there.
Pros
reliable service, excellent hierarchy t
Cons
some frustrations with nursing matrix, common to hospital environments.
Great experience for me!
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Camden-Clark ED. The other staff members were very knowledgeable and non-judgmental. The management team when I was there in 2016 was fabulous!
Dietary and Camden clark
Dietary Hostess (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 5, 2018
Dietary is short staffed and we need help in order to obtain good patient scores. Patients rely on our staff to feed them and assist them in any dietary needs.
refer to below please
Staff Nurse, Coronary Vascular Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 3, 2018
I have been affiliated with Camden Clark Medical Center for many years and have observed many changes some for the good and some for the bad. Over the past several years there have been issues with upper management that have directly impacted not only staff but the clients as well. I am pleased to say that these issues are being resolved and will make CCMC a very good place to be once again.
Pros
three 12 hour shifts/week = full time
Cons
inconsistency with the way staff are treated by managers
Good
Licence Practical Nurse and Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 3, 2018
It truly is a great place to work for and there is plenty of opportunity to advance your career. I started as a nursing assistant when I first started with this company and now I'm a nurse. They only down fall is that I think the pay is slightly lower then other companies but the coworkers that you meet and become friends with makes up for it
Wonderful experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 23, 2018
on OB a good day is a good day but a bad day is really bad. Team work is great. Great experience with a wide variety of patients. Taught me that anything can be done with hard work and team work
Pros
12 hour shifts, and team work
Cons
Very little time for breaks and you realize how life can change in a minute
Co-workers are like family
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 14, 2018
Some days are laxed and other days are hectic, but when you are close to your co-workers like we are and work great together every day worked is a good day. The moral in the work area can be depressing because so many co-workers are not happy with management and policy's not being followed, but we stick together as a team and finish out they day, or night, on many occasions. I would say the hardest part of the job is seeing so many co-workers unhappy with being let down by management.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management
Family Atmosphere
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 3, 2018
Great orientation and training at the beginning. Very demanding of your time. Lots of complaints about call after working 12 hour shifts. They don't seem concerned about the amount of time they ask you to work or force over. Great group of people to work with on a daily basis. They became like family. I don't think the pay matches what is requested of you, should be more. I did really like working with the patients and feeling I was helping people.
Pros
Discounts for employees in the cafe. Free give-aways during Nurses Week.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of standing. Don't stick to their own policies.
typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 26, 2018
Great place to work.
Friendly and patient centered care
Great staff
up to date equipment
clean facility
good benefits
patient always comes first
Staff goes above and beyond
Constant turn around
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 23, 2018
You don't always see the same thing twice.
It's a good place to work when you want full time but can't work 5 days a week.
There is always overtime to pick up.
Pros
Always room for extra hours
Cons
Can be short staffed
Camden Clark Medical Center
PRN LPTA (Current Employee) –  physical therapist assistantMay 16, 2018
Our management team was wonderful to work for at Camden Clark. I enjoyed working with patients on a daily basis. It can be fast passed and trying to stay up to date with modern medicine.

I would love to work for Camden Clark again as a full-time PTA. The only reason I left Camden Clark was for financial reasons. I am a single mother raising my son and I needed more financial stability to help my son and I buy a home, pay off some debt, and make sure my son has everything he needs on a daily basis.

I learned a lot from Camden Clark supportive staff (doctors, nursing, case , management and so many more) on a daily basis.

The Rehabilitation Department is a team environment and I feet that is a great asset to have in order to really enjoy your job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
pay and benefits
High stress, low staffing, ill patients
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 3, 2018
I completed my employment at CCMC in the ICU. Most of these patient's were very ill and we were expected to absorb all ICU patients as they arrived even if that meant accepting 3-4 patients per nurse. 1-2 ICU patients per nurse is the guideline.
Pros
The pay is competative.
Cons
rarely get to take lunch or a break. The health insurance is poor.
Loved most of my coworkers
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 31, 2018
Worked on telemetry very busy,fast paced, not enough staff most of the time could have up to 30 patients by my self working as a pct. Management didn't care when I approached her about the staffing issues and the care patients was getting and the mistake that was being made or could be made. Another issue being pulled to another floor or to patient sit in the middle of your shift. Wouldn't be a bad place to work if they would fix the staffing issues.
Pros
Employee discounts, free meals on holidays, reimbursement program
Cons
Short staffed
Good and bad
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 25, 2018
Some days are extremely and other days are very busy, usually when we are short staffed in the afternoons. I have learned to never take a good work place for granted. Management isn't always worried about their employees opinion when it comes to decisions that will affect the department. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people and some of the people that work there.