Camden National Bank Employee Reviews

Coworkers are excellent, pay not as much
Management (Current Employee) –  Central RegionNovember 28, 2018
The people is what makes working for Camden National great. Most teams are very supportive and awesome to have as coworkers. Pay and benefits could use an overhaul.
Pros
Team
Benefits
Poor leadership
Loan Production Employee (Current Employee) –  Camden, MENovember 15, 2018
Do as I say not as I do culture from top and mid-management. They pretend to seek "feedback" but they do not really want to take ownership for any thing the executive team is responsible for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management and poor work/life balance
I enjoy the work I do for Camden National
BPO/ Broker Price Opinion (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, MAOctober 19, 2018
I work part time for Camden National Bank taking photo's of property for site inspections and Broker Price Opinion valuations. I am a realtor with Century 21 Queen City Real Estate in Bangor and that is how I became associated with Camden National Bank Headquarters in Gloucester, MA.

I enjoy the work I do for Camden National but work is slow lately for field work and so I am looking to explore my options. .
Lots of freedom, was able to be my own person
Bank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milo, MESeptember 12, 2018
I don't have too much to say about the job cleaning the bank. Other than the duties I had were much like a typical day of cleaning my own home. It was not a challenge. And I loved the independence it gave me.
Productive workplace with a great team!
Commercial Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Rockport, MESeptember 7, 2018
I have learned so much from working at Camden National. After working with this company for over 4 years I am comfortable with basic bank knowledge and advanced knowledge when it comes to Online Banking and Commercial Loan Departments. This team that I am now a part of, the commercial team, makes the day to day job so enjoyable. I have a phenomenal team of management who really focuses on education and job improvement specific to the individual.
Great Benefits but not much room for advancing
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 30, 2018
Great company to work for however very hard for advancement in the southern region of Maine. They are very focused on advancing people in the Northern part of the region. The benefits are awesome, especially if you have a family. The staff is very nice and easy to work with. My only complaint is there aren't enough jobs in Portland to move up in this company. They take a VERY long time to implement anything new. They will always say "its in the 5 year plan" but that never gives a solid answer. Slow to move on things that should be implemented much sooner.
benefits
Cons
advancement/jobs
Summer Teller
Summer Branch Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth MEJune 5, 2018
Tellers are poorly paid and not trained enough before being put on the teller line. Prospects for advancement are often mentioned but never seemed to amount to anything. However, Camden is a good company that cares about its customers. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to make a decent living as an entry-level employee.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MENovember 16, 2017
Working at Camden National Bank offered a variety of tasks to complete and room for growth and educational opportunities. You learn many different ways to help your customers and look for ways to grow their relationship with your bank.
Loved working at Camden Nationa Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Camden, ALNovember 16, 2017
Camden National was my first banking job and I loved it. The people were friendly and understood family issues. They seemed to care about the community
don't appreciate employees
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  MaineOctober 14, 2017
Poor hiring in choices in middle management make frontline employees feel unappreciated and expendable. There are different rules for different employees.
Fun place to work. Popcorn Fridays and occasional paid lunches
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boothbay Harbor, MESeptember 26, 2017
Branch management is on point, supportive, and balanced. They truly care about helping you meet goals and training is provided at your leisure time...
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Full time positions are hard to come by.
Commercial Loan Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEAugust 1, 2017
I love the job, my direct boss is great. Fast paced. Great opportunities for advancement. Extremely fair with benefits. There is always someone willing to help with anything you may need.
great company to work for
Teller (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 5, 2017
Treats employess very well with bonuses and company gatherings. works hard to keep everyone up to date and on the same page. great company to work for.
Many smart and fun co-workers
Loan Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MEJune 22, 2017
This is a fast paced environment with large workloads. Work life balance is always a challenge. There is a vibe of perpetual growth that can be overwhelming. The people work hard and have an excellent work ethic. The management team are wonderful people, but there is a disconnect between the goals of the organization and the resources, including manpower, necessary to achieve these goals.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Significant workload with extremely high expectations
summer teller
SUMMER TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 1, 2017
Important to have open availability, and be willing to travel to different banks within the area. Having your own transportation is required. By traveling to different branches, I was able to meet a lot of different stakeholders.
Rapid growing business. Challenges with staffing numbers.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Camden, MEJanuary 9, 2017
Challenging environment within the loan servicing department at the time. More work than the department could process due to low on staffing. Brought in some temps to assist.
Pros
Rapidly growing company
Cons
low staffing and no assistant manager
Well structured company but poor salary.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MEJune 23, 2016
The bank has the opportunities to advance in the company it all depends on you. The Executive Team is fantastic. Sometimes decisions are made without the right people being on the bus.
Great place to work, excellent team to be a part of.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Camden, MEMay 17, 2016
Enjoyable and busy accounting and finance department. Lean running operation, needed to be flexible and able to multitask. Always learning new processes and job functions to insure a smooth operating department. Great co workers always able to share a laugh.
Good place with Great people, just not a lot of room for movement.
Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 28, 2015
Great place to work for. Workdays can get kind of long when its not busy. I have learned a lot about business in the banking world. Not a lot of room for moving up.
supportive atmosphere, self-motivating job routine
Electronic Banking Associate II (Former Employee) –  Rockport, MEMay 8, 2015
As an electronic banking associate, I learned a host of computer programs: Jack Henry, Word, Excel, Synergy, Kofax and Outlook. The management was supportive, but allowed you to set your own pace and complete your set duties in a timely fashion without monitoring your work constantly. Great team, and the most enjoyable part of the job was having a reliable set of co-workers to depend on and have available for guidance and support. The hardest part of the job was mastering new procedures while you were working on your daily regimen. Eventually, it all kicked in!
Pros
free lunches, food days, great benefits and dependable team support
Cons
salary needs to be more competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camden National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.