Camden Property Trust Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 10, 2019
Pros:
-sense of community/family
-opportunities to grow
-setting each employee up for success
-technological improvements are constantly making the job easier
-fun work environment
-competitive compensation and benefits

Cons:
-Honestly don't see any downside at this point. This company has been nothing but good to me.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. Best wishes for your continued success!

Great Place to learn
former employee (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 9, 2019
Camden is great place to build a foundation in the industry. It is a great place to learn and get your feet wet. They are conservative in their practices which is a positive and negative. The daily work environment can be fun if you have the right manager.
Pros
offers training
Cons
assistants work saturdays
January 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We wish you great success in your next venture!

Highly recommended
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
You would be hard-pressed to find a more encouraging, supportive company culture. I have been with Camden for over 10 years and hope to be around for another decade. Employees are supported in both their personal and professional goals. Salaries and benefits are competitive, and our employee vacation units have come in handy for several family vacations.

With a relatively small company and low turnover, it can take longer to move up. However, Camden makes sure that all employees can develop within their roles and position themselves for promotions when they are available; there is no wasted time here, only time spent learning and growing.
January 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are lucky to have employees like you!

Best Company
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2018
One of the most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to work on various roles throughout the day and each day is different from the previous one.
Pros
Positive work environment, team work, and diverse roles.
Cons
There is nothing wrong with the company.
January 2, 2019

We are happy to hear you find your work fulfilling! We have high expectations when it comes to customer service and it is team members like you that make it a better place.

Loving Every Day!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
The best thing about Camden is the sense of family and friends. It's so encouraging to have such great support among your peers and rewarding to be recognized by our leadership. You definitely feel valued at Camden! It so refreshing to have a leadership team that is grounded and focused on the success of Camden and their employees.
Pros
culture, compensation, peers, leadership
Cons
I really don't have anything negative to say...medical insurance could be cheaper, but what else is new?
December 21, 2018

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

Camden is a good place to work, it just depends on the department you work in.
AP Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  CorporateDecember 18, 2018
The leadership in the Accounts Payable Department is lacking. The manager shows favoritism and condones pettiness. The communication is poor and not consistent at all.
December 21, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. Camden has a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific experience. If you’re willing to expand, please reach out to EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com. Thank you.

great company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33616December 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Camden I lift on my own, I moved to for from the property I could not give 100% being a superior visor and on call, I could not ask my staff to do what I was not able to do..
Pros
great company
Cons
no issues at the time
December 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry to see you go but hope you gained valuable experience and good memories during your time at Camden. We wish you great success and hope that you keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Great company for work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plantation and Camden las olasNovember 15, 2018
Camden is a great company for work. Good benefits and great Camden culture.i worked for Camden for the past 4 years and a half,it was a good experience the job was hard and fun at the same time. For the past 4 years I enjoy work at Camden. Until the the district manager offer me, to transfer to another community with better pay,I went to Camden plantation to camden Las olas, big mistake,the maintenance supervisor, is the most lazy and fake person treat his maintenance team like his slave, until we working he spent most of his time sitting in the computer, and the properties manager, he is a rookie and to arrogant and doesn't follow Camden culture. After 4 months working with them, I quit I couldn't take it no more,no matter how hard you work, those two person don't appreciate you. , they still working at Camden just because the district manager is their buddy,it and human resources can't do anything about it, a lot employees complain about the way they treat employees at Camden Las olas in south Florida, they still at camden because distric manager is their buddy instead punish them ,she rewarded them, believe me if you call human resource she will tell you how many people has complain about .them, supervisor is lazy, fake and brain washer
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Na
November 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Camden. I take your feedback quite seriously and assure you we care deeply about our employees, current, former and future. I’d love to hear more about your specific experience and encourage you to reach out using EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com.

Cpt
LEASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Camden. My manager was amazing and would help out anytime. Each property was helpful when you needed extra help. Everyone was a team. The discount was so nice and the apartments were great sizes. They loved to promote within and my manager encourage me to continue learning to get promoted. You'll even see the CEO's from time to time. They made you feel apart of their family.
Pros
Discount, management, health benefits, 401k, stocks, team oriented
Cons
The only complaint was having some terrible residents but that was not Camden's fault.
October 25, 2018

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. We wish you great success and hope that you keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Liked this as a first job out of college
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2018
Did not want to grow in this company as I was interested in working in a different industry, so I am not the best person to review the company. When I worked here, I did like the culture.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed our company culture while you were with us. Our company culture is something we are very proud of! We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
I worked at the Camden property trust for a year and it was like being in high school all over again. The older women click up and talk about each other. It was very uncomfortable. I even saw one of the ladies lie on a contract employee and got him fired! I saw the incident in question and when I tried to go to the management they told me it was already taken care of. Management out sources as much work as possible. When you first work there you think it’s too good to be true, because everyone seems extra friendly, and it is! People are willing to trample you to get to the top! Horrible!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Manahemt
October 10, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your candidness and take your comments quite seriously. Camden has a deep commitment to ensuring this is a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and is treated fairly. When we are aware of situations that do not align with these intentions, we address them immediately. I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific experience. If you’re willing to expand, please reach out to EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com. Thank you.

Productive and fun place to work in
Responsible as a maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Waterford on the Alafia, FLSeptember 6, 2018
The company is a great company. Business and employee oriented, well balanced and very well structured. I enjoyed working at Waterford Lakes Camden, management was awesome.
Great Place to work
Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 20, 2018
I truly enjoyed working here, they put their employees first, voted one of the best companies to work for, I moved more than 80 miles from their closest property that is the only reason I left.
Pros
Pay, Pro-Employee
Cons
distance from new home
Camden South Capitol
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
Management plays a big part in any work environment. employees should not be afraid to come to a manager with a question. Unfortunately I didn't have the best experience at Camden . I absolutely loved my job but my manager always found a way to shift the positive energy of all the employees.
The best company I have ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 7, 2018
The company has made it to the fortune 500 many years in a row. The company invest in their staff with monthly and yearly classes. They show their appreciation by closing all offices for a day to have an all expense paid employee day. Once a year we close the office for a company Christmas party and also a company awards party.The best part of the job is making life long friends with coworkers and upper management.
Camden Sucks
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
Camden was a good place to work for at the beginning, but the company has declined. A lot of family members work for the company and they feel they can do whatever they want to do up there. When you have an issue with management, you do not have any support. Anyone who wants to work at Camden, do not work anywhere in the accounting department because you will regret it. Management is horrible. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Good company to work for
Multi-Property Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 3, 2018
Good company to work for. I worked there for 8 years and enjoyed my time with them but had to leave the area for personal reasons, and they did not have any locations in that area to transfer to.
Good Stable Company to Work For
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
We had a budget however when it came to customer service they were very Pro Customer/Pro Resident. If I went over budget all I had to do would give an explanantion. Never had to rob peter to pay paul on any replacement parts for other apartments.
Pros
Stable Company, Great Benefits
Cons
Some managers were difficult to work for.
Used to be an awesome place to work.... Going down hill
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2018
When I started at Camden it was great. The past few years they have sort of lost their way. Too many processes. So many meetings and new peocesses make it difficult to atay focused and gwt your work done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too many processes
Good company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 11, 2018
Good company. Began to move towards what competitors were doing versus remaining different and unique. Compensation is not on level with industry. Good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camden Property Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight