Camelot Community Care Employee Reviews

lovely place to work
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 11, 2018
lovely place to work, great, life balance, benefit are good fair schedule job security management is easy to work for always helpful and cares for there employee
Pay, Management, and no advancement
Foster Home Recruitment and Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2018
There was no proper training when I started. The Supervisor was not helpful and felt that my position was beneath her. The pay sucked and there was no raises given to anyone no matter how long or good of an employ you were.
Pros
Working with DCF
Cons
Pay, Management, and no advancement
Camelot
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 15, 2018
Drove to clients home. Did not get paid mileage. The coworkers and supervisors were amazing. The pay was terrible. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others.
Fair environment to work
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2018
There were many employees that last 10-20 years, which may say a lot of the agency. However, while my employment years where the work environment was fair, but due to the high turn-over, the workload was overwhelming. It also would create low morale due to the stress level.
terrible administration
In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2018
This is one of the worse run agencies. The administration sucks and the communication is terrible. You get in trouble for not going to a meeting or training that you did not even know about. They only care about the bottom line and the CEO of the brand is never there, loses paperwork you give her, and pushes everything off to the Director, who is always in a bad mood and has no social skills. There used to be good people at this branch but they all left because of the toxic work environment. Do not work here!!
Pros
helping families, flexible schedule
Cons
toxic work environment, late hours, unnecessary paperwork, too much driving
Good company to start
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 3, 2018
The company do not give the opportunity if you not have Master's Degree, is not recognize your experience time. Good supervisor and very open to support.
Horrible Company to Work For
FAMILY CARE COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLOctober 6, 2017
The management within the company is poorly ran, there is no trust from the management team all the way down to the coworkers. The management and coworkers act as if they are in high school and gossip and treat their employees poorly. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Stressful work environment - new Clinical Director.
COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2017
Working with the client's was not an issue. The issue was the management skills of the Area Director. I did not appreciate the fact that the language she used was, in my opinion, not appropriate.
good and helpful co-workers
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
Fast paced environment but received good support, guidance, meetings to learn new types of counseling and helping patient, productive meetings, helpful supports
Pros
good suport
Cons
driving all day long
low
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2017
No proper training, learn as you go. After completing a task you will be told to redo as the policy has changed. . Management lacks knowledge of policy and procedure. There is lack of communication between management and staff members. Trashy manager uses obscenities while at work.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
Would hate working there, too much fake people
Family Friendly and great expereince
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2017
I have worked for Camelot for many years in various positions. We work with foster kids and families in the community providing counseling services and foster care (recruitment, licensing, training). There are high standards for doing the right things in the best interest of children. This company is very ethical and cares about kids. I have made life time friends at this company and I know I make a difference in the lives of children.
Pros
make a difference; ethical/solid company
Cons
hard work but worth it for the kids
Company no longer exist
Independent Living Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
This company no longer exists, they lost their contract because of a news story about the death of 8 children. The company loat their contract to Eckerd Kids.
Counseling foster children and children in juvenile detention was very rewarding.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
Considering the workload and the time spent not being compensated for extra work was challenging. I didn't feel as if there was room for advancement at Camelot Community Care, but did enjoy learning and assisting persons of varying socioeconomic status'.
Work hard
Tampa Bay Youth Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2017
The people are really nice and friendly. They need to work on their organization, but they do what they can for their employees and their clients. They all have a really great attitude.
Great agency
Dependency Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2017
awesome benefits and good company to work for. The staff is very friendly and management is great. High case loads and high turnover rate. Pay is great for entry SW.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Social Worker
Family Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 13, 2017
you will enjoy working with your co-worker and everything is willing to help each other. The supervisor are willing to take time out with you and help you.
Pros
lunches
Cons
not as much paperwork
flexible work
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760February 2, 2017
A typical work day is that i go to the office to set a schedule to go visit my foster kids then i would meet with them either at home, their job or their school. I would make sure they are going to school and getting the grades they would need. I would assist the children with finding housing or jobs or anything they would need.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Not being able to be home with my family
Best place I've worked for so far
In-Home/Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 14, 2016
I had the best supervisor and that made a great difference in going above and beyond for my clients. They care about their employees and very understanding and supportive about your personal well being. They plan fun stuff and allow employees to share frustrations when has some. They serve all clients equally and go above and beyond for their families. I loved working there and if i did not have to relocate i would still be working there.
Pros
Good benefits, supportive staff, fun atmosphere, flexible schedule, good vacation time which they encourage you to take, diversity in office, room to grow.
Cons
could benefit from more money and lot of paperwork (but i think it's the field we chose)
Camelot Comunity Care
In-house Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLOctober 25, 2016
a typical day at work was visiting the homes and schools of children exhibiting at-risk behaviors. Attended meetings at school to advocate for the child. Facilitated individual and family sessions
Pros
work load
Cons
travel
Caring and responsive staff
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2016
Great supervisors and co-workers. I learned a lot from all of them. They handled transition from previous company pretty well, despite the many changes it entailed.
Pros
Responsive supervisors
Cons
Contract work