Cameron University Employee Reviews

Willing to teach
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533May 21, 2018
Working at Cameron was a very positive work experience, with the exception of one person. It felt like working with family. They were willing to teach me the little gaps in my knowledge with great attitude and understanding.
Do it for the students
Director (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 26, 2018
No one at Cameron University is working there for the great pay. If you plan to work at Cameron, do it for the students. Staff are very loyal to the university and function as a close knit family.
Pros
Time off, positive influence on students
Cons
Pay, lack of professionalism
Good Place
Language Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 27, 2018
Great flexibility of hours. Management was great and willing to help with any need. Never too stressful or too difficult. However, it could be a bit mundane if no students show up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
can get repetitive.
Gourmet Chef
Gourmet Chef (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 27, 2018
I maintain a small part of the kitchen that was a hot Gourmet bistro the kitchen was divided into two parts which means I shared all machines an sinks to maintain this hot Gourmet line
Fun with Impressive Co-Instructors
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 21, 2018
Cameron English Department has many inspirational Ph.D. instructors that are willing to work and teach a person the best
way to work with students and teach them something.
gym worker
Tennis Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 14, 2018
I learned how to clean, create schedules and to perform front desk duties as taking phone calls and interacting with the customers. I mainly developed customer service skills.
Nice place to work and live. I really enjoyed my time here.
ITS Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 23, 2018
Nice place to work and live. I really enjoyed my time here. I would advise you to work here if you are looking for a slow paced life with a sustainable amount of pay.
Pros
Cheap
Cons
No fun
Productive and fast paced
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 22, 2018
I learned the necessary duties ranging from benefits , finances, counseling EEO cases, backgrounds checks and a host of other HR related requirements .
Great place to work but, they expect a lot for very little pay
Assistant Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 19, 2018
I absolutely love my co-workers and students. I really enjoy my job. I don't mind working long hours because I love my job. I simply cannot afford to keep this job. The pay is terrible and there is no way they can pay me what I would need to stay.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Terrible salary
Had great supervisors
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 5, 2018
Until the custodial services were outsourced, the job place was quite the home. The jobs were structured well and done in groups if required. Great atmosphere to work generally
Pros
Team work, second chance, great supervisors
Cons
The school administrators didn't guarantee job security
Best place I have ever worked
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work! Flexible schedule and always stay busy. Boss is amazing and everyone works together very well. Communication is on point and it feels like a family.
Good place to work with benefits and the people and students are great as well
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work for I've been here a long time and wouldn't leave if I didn't have too. You're on call on weekends every month. Paid holidays and if the campus closes you get off as well. Sick and vacation time. Heath benefits and many other benefits you can take out of your check.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, paid holidays
Cons
Short handed, on call
Great students, great colleagues
Adjunct instructor (English) (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 30, 2017
I was an adjunct instructor of English, so I worked part time, on a temporary contract, with no benefits, which is usual for that position in every college. I very much enjoyed the work ethic and diversity of my students at Cameron, both on the main campus and at the Fort Sill campus. For a small college, Cameron offers a lot of fun and interesting arts events, lectures, and other opportunities for students and for the community. I was treated well there.
Pros
Student diversity, fun campus
Cons
An hour from major city
Great place to work - excellent people
Circulation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 11, 2017
Cameron University Library is an amazing place to work. Granted, I would love to make more pay at this job, but I am very happy with the job. I enjoy the people that I get to interact with every day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need better pay
Short-timer
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  onlineSeptember 7, 2017
I have only worked at Cameron very briefly so I can't really comment.

As an adjunct I get paid per class and not per hour. However, the rate of pay is good.
Engineering department at Cameron university is a really great place to work. Advancement while cross traing in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.
Building engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 21, 2017
I personally learned alot in the Industrial/Plant maintenance from the other employees and bosses. The atmosphere and all the other faculties/staff employees around campus are really nice and easy to get along with. I can't think of anything bad about the place. Cameron really takes care of the students which makes working there an awesome experience.
Pros
Plenty of days off without using your vacation or sick hrs.
Cons
The pay could be better. Its average for the Lawton area.
nice employees poor management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 2, 2017
management had no clue what was going on 24/7 the employees were good to work with and mostly made the job bearable. was nice to be around the students and see them learning and growing over time
Pros
healthcare was paid by them
Productive and fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 30, 2017
I was the manager of the Cameron University Women's Basketball team and it was such an amazing experience because I got to meet women from all over the world, see them work together towards a common goal, and form friendships that'll last forever.
Pros
Being with the team
Good people, wonderful school.
Chair, Department of Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 15, 2017
There's no better place to teach and no better colleagues to work with. State funding just needs to be better. Lots of campus improvements over the years in spite of tight budgets and a challenging enrollment environment.
Great place to work!
Teacher's aide, office organization, inventory (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 20, 2017
Work was extremely fun and comfortable. My supervisor was very flexible with my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was the environment and location. It was on campus and very feasible as a student.