Cameron Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2018
If you can keep up with a fast paced job with strict deadlines, you won't have a problem working here. The job is challenging but quite interesting. There is camaraderie amongst the employees and it makes the work environment a fun place to be in
Pros
good foreman
Cameron
Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
I worked contract in payroll tax. The Payroll Manager talked about private HR issues regarding my coworkers and I reported it and told her she was wrong for discussing these issues. I left because of the Payroll Manager.
A fun place to work.
Advanced Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Loved the flex hours. Enjoyed the onsite Gym. Sometimes we would get a free lunch. I wasn't fond of SAP software, Not very user friendly. I wished they would of had a more user friendly software lie Epims.
Pros
Gym, Flexed Hours, Gym
Cons
N/a
Good company
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
good benefits, flexible with schedule, training is good, equal opportunities for women, overall a good company to work for, seems to care about employees
Cameron was great. Changing due to Schlumberger buyout
Global Rotational Development Program (GRDP) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed Cameron culture a lot. It's why I chose them actually. The work-life balance was amazing. But once they got purchased by Schlumberger it really changed. I went to an SLB building with SLB managers and really disliked it. The culture was entirely different and work-life balance was much harder to maintain.
productive with valves and inventory
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 18, 2018
I start my work day by checking emails from the corp office with updates. Work on inventory and getting parts and valves ready to be shipped out. I also help rebuild valves.
Pros
learning new thing in inventory and vales
Cameron
Mechanical Attendant/Company Green Belt (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Great place to work. Hours and pay where there with benefits upon signing. Lots of training offered outside of your job description if you wanted it and there was never a lack of safety training.
Pros
Pay and hour were there
Cons
company culture was cut throat
good company to work for
Flowback Operator & Well Tender/Pumper (Former Employee) –  Carmichaels, PAJune 13, 2018
good company to work for. I no longer work for this company and really do not wish to be included in this mandatory review of the company. thank you for including me though.
No balanace
Field Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 12, 2018
Terrible Management. Too many people telling you what to do. There is no management system. You have to be in good or not good at all. You don't have just ONE supervisor.
Pros
per diem
Great place to work "back in the day"
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
Since the acquisition by another major O&G company it has not been such a great place to work. Lots of layoffs and uncomfortable work atmosphere. Learned a lot there.
Good place to work overall
CWI/level II MT/PT (Current Employee) –  Berwick, LAJune 5, 2018
OneSubsea is a great company to work for and offers great benefits for retirement and investment programs. They are for the most part pretty flexible with family and work and ensure safety at all times.
Mediocre place to work since Schlumberger's acquisition of Cameron
Manager of Operations II (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJune 3, 2018
Cameron was driven to promote those who wanted to succeed and grow with the company; however, Schlumberger lessened in promoting employee growth and creativity.
great learning
OPERATOR/MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 1, 2018
learned a lot in the years I worked there pay wasn't the best but it was better than most at the time had some good times and some stresfull times but over all it was all good
Well versed and Productive
Project Coordinator/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
Great work environment and workspace. A nice group of team players with a unique skill set. The building is set up like a workspace tech environment. Lots of windows.
Cons
layoff
I did not have a good work experience at Cameron.
Sr. Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Very little training. Micro managed. Purchasing group were very reserved and did not work well with new employees. I was hurt on the job and was basically pushed out of my position. Did not totally understand all about the job as I was only trained for 4 hours. Management was very hostile after my return from my surgery for my on the job injury.
benefits
Cons
workplace environment
Good job
Hired on as valve technician (Former Employee) –  Laceyville, PAMay 27, 2018
The job was intense and a good learning experience for the gas industry . You were able to see all aspects from well drilling to completion and flow back. Not a family mans job no time with family. You make good money just have to willing to put in the hours.
Pros
Experience, pay, knowledge
Cons
Travel, Long hours, no family time
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Good people but not willing to advance newer ideas. Old culture was firm.

Became very stressful with consist changes with no set end point. Decisions were difficult to make and adhere to due to lack of accountability.
Excellent company
Product Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2018
Cameron is a well established company. Leader in oil and gas equipment. Covers a wide range of products that had been a standard in the oil field for generations.
productive and profesional
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Cameron provided a good work place with good employees and management. I learned a lot about the oil Industry and the product (BOP's) that Cameron designed and fabricated for their customers. My boss was always nice and professional to me. He had very good communication skills and was very knowledgeable about our devices and product. The hardest part was probably dealing with SAP during collaboration and downtime. The most enjoyable was all the smiling faces and all the knowledge I took with me.
Good interaction between workforce and management
Invoicing Specialist, Admin.Asst, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Good place to work. Expected progress, but not pressured. Good supervisors to work with. Allowed for family issues. I was given several opportunities to try other job roles and learned a lot from those experiences. Would do it again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
.Good work environment- good managers- flexible hours when needed for emergencies