Camerota Truck Parts Employee Reviews

Good fun place to work
Psrts counter (Former Employee) –  Valley Cottage, NYMarch 12, 2019
Good place to work, if you do your job you have no problem. Key is doing your job. Plenty of training, always teaching. Good solid company to work for
Pros
Good pay, management
Cons
Could use more over time
Not a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Cottage, NYMarch 4, 2019
The boss starts off really nice, then as time goes on he expects you to know your job as good as him within minimal time of training & being there. He is very mean and harasses and is verbally abusive. I was told its like working with the handicap, what do i work with kindergartner's etc. just to give some examples!!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very verbally abusive manager
Poor local management and no training
Part Time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAAugust 13, 2018
New part time drivers are expected to learn as they go. Little or no training. Co-workers were very helpful when asked questions. But essentially you are put in a truck and sent out with no training to deliver extremely heavy truck parts. Amazing no one got seriously hurt while I was there. The delivery vehicles had extremely high miles and one had every warning light lit on dash and tailgate held on with ratchet strap. All those things were tolerable and pay was OK. The manager was egotistical, had horrible interpersonal skills and was disliked by most employees. If he was not there and they offered some training I would definitely rate this job higher.
Pros
Adequate pay.
Cons
The boss
No cross training or advancement
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 15, 2018
I think the vision of the owners is good but it doesn't translate downward. The managers/foreman feel this sense of entitlement and spend most of their time wasting it by shooting the hay about anything other than work. This croniism isn't policed at all by the powers that be and it wears on you because the managers are hypocrites. I would recommend Camerotas if your young and fresh out of school or semi retired but not if your a family man trying to make ends meet.
Cons
Short breaks, cramped terrible work environment, terrible management
Too many changes as the years went by
Drivetrain Remanufacturer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAMay 30, 2018
Family owned company, slowly expanding, growing in the right direction in most aspects..Does need some over sight in the branch levels at some locations...
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Control Freak Manager
Great family owned Company!
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHDecember 30, 2017
I worked here for 6 years and enjoyed my time with the company and I have never worked for a company who cares about their employees as much as they do. They know the balance between work and family and if something comes up with family they will give you the time you need with no questions ask. I left because I had to relocate to another state but if i didn't have to relocate I would of been a lifer here. I wish they had a location to where I relocated because I would of just transferred to another branch. I am really going to miss this company and if I ever move back to NH they will be the first ones I ask about employment! Our team in Bow NH was like no other and I am very grateful I had not only the chance but the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Everything.
Fast pace, steady workflow
Poduction Leader (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 30, 2017
Controlling the work flow and maintaining the employees with the direction of production can be stressful at times but most of all rewarding. Learned about six sigma, 5s, and ISO. High demand from eight locations can be hard. Seeing the product pass testing and leaving the facility makes me feel proud.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Camerota truck parts Bow location awesome place to work
diesel technician (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHAugust 21, 2017
The Bow Store location was a awesome experience and the management there was bar none the best people I have worked for. Great family owned company. Best truck facility in NH in my opinion.
Pros
great management
very stable work place
Transmission Rebuilder (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 16, 2017
typical day that ive had was walk into work clock in and go over to my teir and continue testing, or debuilding valve bodies from the previous day. I've learned multiple things, like how to test the valve bodies and figure out whats wrong and how it could be fixed.
Sales
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 1, 2017
Too much of a turn around in the company and job security was not there, No room for advancement,very well poor managed,Not a company to work for if your looking for job security
a quality family owned company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 14, 2017
the work day is 8am to 5pm. the work pace and type of work seems to be very repetitive being in a production environment. management is not around the shops on a regular basis. low stress level. you can approach management with relative ease and are open to most ideas. they employee people from all different backgrounds.
Pros
8-5 work day. 2.5 hrs of OT every week
Cons
no Cons at this time.
Hardworking productive workplace
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 8, 2016
Must know a lot about transmissions. If not no need to worry they will train you. Great benefits for full time and a fun workplace. Very understanding bosses. Must come to work daily knowing hard work is to be done.
Pros
Amazing benifits
Cons
Low wages
Good Company
Transmission Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 2, 2015
Camerota was a good company to work for, all the fellow co- workers were friendly and helped me out with tasks at hand if i needed it.
Pros
experience
Cons
Shop was not very organized
Good Company
Parts Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Valley Cottage, NYApril 28, 2015
Good Company, low pay & low bonus, great people though, no room for advancement. Staff is good. company is booming but they need to compensate employees better.
Pros
Good people
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Place to Work
Diagnostic System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2015
Growing business with a good team atmosphere, good managers and great owners who take a big interest in day to day operations and employees
Fun place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 19, 2015
Very fun place to work just didn't like the work they had me doing. Great people to work with but a very messy shop. a typical day at work was show up, wash parts for hours and leave, i learned how to rebuild a cooler, my management was very nice to me and very understanding
Stable and growing business
Territory/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 7, 2015
Hours are flexible as TSM, and I have learned better sales techniques as well as the ability to diagnose Allison automatic transmission failures. Management is basically non-existent in "up" years, and right there in "down" years. Hardest part of the job is the people handling the telephone calls from customers are geographically challenged. Most enjoyable is the freedom of self control.
Pros
Self control
Cons
Communication
Good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 22, 2013
Only thing missing here was consistency. Other wise it was a good and decent place to work, Hardest part of job was adjusting to multiple assignments to be done and which assignment was given different priorities at the same time then being changed mid stream.
Pros
M-F work schedule with OT during week.
Cons
Not enough OT opportunity on weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camerota Truck Parts. Our community is ready to answer.