Camp Bow Wow

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

It’s a fun job!

It’s fun playing with the dogs everyday! It’s pretty laid back. Not a bad job at all just the pay could be better with the amount of work we do. The dogs can get overwhelming at times but their cuteness makes up for it!

Pros

Lots of dog love

Cons

Underpaid

Not whats expected/Fun and rewarding!

With 4 years I've learned quite a bit about dogs and how the interact, different techniques on grooming esp. with nails and correction tools. Typical days a Camp are yards full of dogs making sure everyone is getting along. Lots of cleaning to keep dogs healthy and safe. Can get hectic with morning and evening rushes but overall managed well and the hours aren't bad with operating between 6am and 8pm

Management is not to be trusted

Management is a clique and will go against you and back each other up if they make a mistake they turn it around so it’s your fault. If this business was run by different people it would be great

Pros

Dogs cuddles

Cons

Management is awful and if you’re disciplined the whole camp will know

Petty Management and Not enough Compensation

While the working with Dogs was amazing. The management was incredibly petty. I would never come work here again. I was not the only one with the same sentiments either, the lost 4 or 5 people in the span of maybe 2 weeks. While I would love to come back and see the dogs, I would rather stay as far from this place as I could. 0/10 would not recommend

Pros

Snacks

Cons

Shorts breaks, No lunch

Get to work with the dogs and create good bonds with them. Management is horrible.

Working with the dogs was such a wonderful part of the job. Getting to see them play and have fun was awesome. In the beginning when I started, the place was amazing. Enjoyed going every day, had fun while working and loved it. However, when our original manager left, the place went downhill fast. You could never tell the new manager or assistant manager anything without it being told to the rest of the employees. Especially if it was personal. Everyone would gossip constantly and us counselors were told to "act like adults" yet the assistant manager and manager would sit there and act worse than the rest of the staff. Besides management, the job was really easy.

Pros

Working with the dogs and getting to know the pet parents

Cons

Management, short breaks and drama 24/7

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Flexible work environment.

Been here for a year and have moved around in multiple positions. There have been a lot of changes with staff/management and has made it difficult at times but overall a good place to work.

Pros

Occasionally the owner will provide food for us. The customers love to spoil us with treats.

Cons

People don’t get enough training which leads to a lot of mistakes.

Pros: Welcoming work environment with good managementPositive training with patient trainersHanging out with dogs all day!Cons: Low Wages

The work environment is welcoming with managers who listen to their employees needs. The team supports/helps each other out. The day mostly involves managing play yards, cleaning kennels, and basic grooming. If you love dogs including the cleaning up after them, then this is the place for you!

Pros

Welcoming work environment with good management, Positive training with patient trainers, Hanging out with dogs all day!

Cons

Low Wages

Great work culture

Management was exceptional and the work culture was better than most other places I've worked. They really value your well-being as an employee. The work can be tedious at times.

Dogs are super fun but the manager treats you like a slave and doesn’t care about you unless your the favorite.

The dogs are super fun to play with but some days there’s too many dogs that cause fights which gets stressful & lots of favoritism here, gets old pretty old.

Pros

Fun days with the dogs, bringing your own dog

Cons

Slave work, bosses have favoritism, dangerous sometimes with lots of dogs, they won’t dismiss dogs even after a first attack unless it gets worse that’s stressful.

Poor Management

The job itself was rather exhausting, but somewhat fun. I learned some dog grooming experience and got comfortable with being on the phone and being up front. The management however was possibly the worst I've ever experienced. He progressively got worse as time went by and just became a very rude person. He drained my mental health so much I had to leave. He sadly doesn't appreciate anything you do and the job will just leave you upset, which isn't worth it for almost minimum wage.

Pros

Dogs!

Cons

Doesn't encourage breaks, poor management, stressful, low pay

Stressful and bad management

The management was extremely unsupportive and honestly didn't seem to know a lot of dog behavior. I also believe that some of the decisions made in the dogs that could come in were very poor. Lots of fights. Management also combated issues by reprimanding constantly. You will not get paid enough for the amount of work you do.

Fine for high schoolers not really a job for an adult.

You will enjoy the job because of the amazing dogs and wonderful pet parents but long term it will frustrate you because of the work culture. You are required to work every major holiday without extra compensation.

Pros

The dogs and sometimes pet parents bring you food.

Cons

15 or 30 minute breaks, always bothered on your off time with text messages, only appreciated if you’re bringing in money.

They do not care about their employees.

The company does not care about its employees unless you become management. There are no benefits to working here. The customers make the decisions for the company. The company can not afford to pay their employees appropriately.

Worst place

I was excited to work with dogs but it turned out to not be a good working environment or good management. My first year I saw a couple of people handle dogs poorly and was brought to the managers attention but nothing was never done. The groomer was not kind to dogs as well as the employees were it has lead to physical altercations a couple of times. The drama that happened in that facility was so much and management didn't do anything to solve conflicts which resulted to becoming short staff. The managers made alot of people unhappy or quit and were never talked to. We were thrown in yards by ourselves with over 50 dogs which was very overwhelming. The owner did not care about their employees or the dogs even only the money. The pay was very poor and many people who didn't deserve raises would. It's a very mentally draing job and not worth it. Only good thing was costumers bringing food and have your favorite dogs come in and SOME loyal employees.

Cons

One of the worst places ive worked

Very poor management. They just yell at you and talk down to you instead of teach you. Little training for working with the dogs they just shove you in a yard. Not worth the little pay and stress.

Cons

Little pay, bad mangement, no overtime

no just no

horrible company, always understaffed, lazy workers, horrible pay. management sucks, they care more about themselves then anything. its completely awful

Horrible place to work at

During one of the hurricanes that hit the power went out and there was no generator. The dogs where left to sot in a hot building. There were may dogs throwing up everywhere, not to mention all the other waste they were producing and no one was cleaning anything up while the power was out. It was terrible. They also allow their regulars to not turn in proof of vaccines.

Cons

The animals were the only rewarding part.

I'll start by saying this was my most favorite job I have ever had. I was there from Jan. 2019- Dec. 2019.Unfortunately, my location was very poorly run by an owner who showed up twice a year. The owner was an absolute fear-mongerer. The type of person that if you're on their good side you'll get treated like gold, if not, they'll make sure you're aware. I PERSONALLY watched 20, (YES, 20) coworkers come get hired and fired/quit in that year so the employee turnover rate is just insane. They'll hire literally anyone that comes through the door. The favoritism at this location was also despicable. I was so proud that I moved up to senior in a month, but because I wasn't a favorite my last 5 months there I was only scheduled as a counselor with no explanation ever given. Be prepared to stand on your feet your literal entire shift besides a 15 minute break. You're EXPECTED to stand there and not talk to anyone of your coworkers. Besides having to deal with management, I sincerely loved this job. I wish I could've started with a different franchise because I would've stayed at that job forever.

Pros

Learn how to bathe and take care of dogs, dogs, decent pay

Cons

Poor management, toxic work environment, high stress

Dont. Just dont.

Not even a decent place to work. Being a huge company ran by Vca/Mars you'd think they'd be able to pay you a decent wage and provide you with everything you need to do the job. But that's not the case. Management will gaslight you, by literally telling you how you feel. They won't work with you on your schedule, even if they say they approved the time off. You can't even cross your arms without getting yelled at. I worked at a locally run daycare before and loved it, but this place was just awful. I got bit multiple times and management blamed me and made sure I wouldn't go to the hospital. I can honestly go on and on about the red flags but in short try to find somewhere else.

Pros

It has benefits, i guess

Cons

Poor management, weird arbitrary rules, and lots of manual labor and injuries.

Lots of work and enjoyed time with dogs

The work was okay at first. But over time, what was being paid wasn't enough for all the hardwork and injury that occured. It's a good place to go just to get some experience and on to your feet if you really need it. Most of my coworkers were amazing too

Productive and fun place to work at!

The people there are very welcoming and accommodating. There is always someone there that will help you to succeed and grow or to talk to as a friend. I highly recommend working here.

Pros

Friendly work environment and directly working with dogs

Cons

Short or no breaks most days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Bow Wow. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight