Camp Canine Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2019
My experience the camp was a great place to work and I learn alot about dogs there. My coworkers were real team players. It was and overall good environment.
Horrible
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 22, 2019
Hired in as a kennel cleaner, was told I would be made into a supervisor after a few weeks - was there for 2 years and did all the duties of a supervisor but never got paid for it, in fact after 2 years I never got any type of raise, even though I worked 12+ hour days and held the responsibilities of at least 3 different people, including being one of the "back-up" supervisors, bather, daycare attendant, and training new incomers. Got bit multiple times and the owner never intended to tell the owners, and when I threatened to tell them, one of the supervisors took it upon herself to tell them. There is 0 respect for employees and their needs and the management team never leaves the office when there is any type of problem or emergency and has everyone else handle it but themselves.
Camp Canine
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, MAOctober 7, 2019
They treated the employees with great respect. They also knew what they were doing . Making sure all dogs are happy
. The work environment was always clean and healthy to work in.
Not a very good job
Camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 23, 2019
Animals are treated second class and staff is worked like slaves. No pay advancement, no time and half for holidays even national holidays. No benefits, only discounts to food and pet care.
Love the animals
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 11, 2019
Very poor management..treat employees very poorly.. takes too many aggressive dogs for group play.. on 1 person
for atoo large of group of large groups
Terrible Management
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 3, 2019
They do not know how to run a business and do not have safety as a priority. I was bit twice by dogs while working there and nothing was done to address the issue. There is no proper training on how to safely handle the dog and most of them are locked up in the back runs anyway. Management lies to owners about the dogs and the amount of time they get out in the yard. I would never work here again and would urge people to think twice before considering this employer.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Camp Canine
Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2019
Don't work here. I told management of an abuse of a dog I witnessed and they assured me it would be taken care of and it was not. The employee who I witnessed abuse a dog was still employed.
Fun and loving place to work
ANIMAL CARETAKER / KENNEL ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 18, 2018
Camp Canine was a great place to work, especially if you're an animal lover. The animals are well taken care of, loved and enjoy a fun fill time while staying for boarding or just daycare.
It was a fun place to work.
Dog Sitter (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 9, 2018
If you like dogs and you want to get paid to hang out with them and are not necessarily looking for anything full time, then this is the job for you..
Fun work enviroment
Counselor ( Dog Behavior Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 11, 2018
There are many things that have to be done throughout each day. We clean/scrub their rooms 3 times a day, as well as give baths, clean ears, and trim nails when needed,do laundry, we feed every morning and night, and also medicate those who have been prescribed medicine, we keep track of the campers behavior and then write a report card for the parents which is stating what the camper did and who they played with. While they are out in play group we have to pay attention to their body language to prevent disagreements, and when disagreements do occur, we have to perform basic first aid. We are open everyday 7 days a week and work holidays as well.
Nice place for a younger person
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 26, 2018
It was a fun job, great staff and fun upbeat place The pay is on the lower end and the upward mobility is limited. Great job for a younger person just starting out.
Great workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 22, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work. The owner is fantastic and will work with the schedule you have. Working with the dogs are the best and wouldn't ask for anything else.
The hardest part of the job is trying to explain something to someone who will not listen to you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the dogs and being able to love up on them!
fun workplace
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 1, 2018
if you love to stay busy and dogs this the place for where you deal with leachless dog watching and close to downtown hollywood
next to shops and great customer service
Best Doggie Day Care in North East PA
Founder/Owner (Current Employee) –  VariedOctober 11, 2017
If you love your dog or cat boarding here will make them very happy.

Love pets, love hiking and playing with them and taking them for long and tiring hikes in nature.
Pros
So many. See above.
Cons
None.
Very Good Starting Job
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2017
This type of job is great to start with if you are looking to get into the pet care field. Working as a kennel technician is very straight forward but at the same time you get to see different aspects of the business. You learn to care for a large number of dogs while at the same time managing their behaviors and needs.
Just so so
Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2017
Dogs are great. Clients are great. Owner and management pretend to be caring, but view staff as disposable. They charge their employees for services, unless you are a manager. They pay very little to begin and there is no room for advancement. Hard to make a living wage. Sometimes, handlers are left alone in the room with 30 or more dogs. One manager is particularly mean, and many people have quit because of her.
Pros
Handlers and supervisors are nice, dogs are great
Cons
Employees undervalued, cliques
Fun environment
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2017
Working at Camp Canine was an overall good experience. The staff is very friendly and always there to help you. The manager is also very friendly and understanding. The work is hard because you are dealing with multiple dogs at a time and the hours are long, but the pay makes up for it.
Pros
A lot of breaks
Cons
Dog fights
i knew my calling.....at 16 :)
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed this job a ton, because i love dogs, animals really, but dogs for sure. learned how to work on my own in a timely matter. helped me learn what working was all about.
Pros
all different dogs
Cons
to far for me to drive at the time
Good job, not great paycheck.
Dog Wrangler (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAFebruary 10, 2017
Work environment is good. Employees are good. It's a great second or transitional job. Not much room for growth. Hours minimal and not a paycheck you can live off of.
Pros
Hangout with dogs. Great coworkers.
Cons
Not great pay, minimal hours, no overtime.
Great people to work with, a boss that cares, but can be hard to advance
Dog Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Overall this is a great place to work. It is great especially if you are in school or if the pet care industry is where you want to be. It can be hard to advance since there is already a core leadership team so some employees end up waiting forever to advance but the team is great. It is nice to work for a small business instead of a chain. Just remember that this is a small business so there is only so much opportunity for growth (both in general and financially). If you love dogs though, there is no better place to be.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
Lots of canine and feline bodily fluids, hard to advance