Camp Gladiator Employee Reviews

A great place for those who have an entrepreneurial mind and those who want to have an income that matches the effort given towards impacting lives
Partner trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2019
Great culture, so many tools to learn about having a business, a genuine chance to meet people with similar interests and an easy way to make an above average income for yourself.
Pros
Freedom of schedule, no micromanagement, lots of room for advancement
March 12, 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback! It is always so encouraging to hear how CG has positively impacted not only our Campers but also our Trainers. Pumped to read that this opportunity has provided you growth and a community, truly Better Together!

Utilize CG’s infrastructure , your teammates and your own hustle and you will be successful
Partner Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2019
Any person who becomes a trainer is an independent contractor with CG not an employee. As a independent contractor it’s your job to build your business with either help of the companies infrastructure (marketing, tech team, customer service dept., field operations team, etc.) or other trainers in your area (the more hands and eyes on a task the better).

The company gives you 70% of every member who signs up under one of three memberships (6mo./12mo./24mo.) There is no stability like that in the training industry and no percentage split like that.

Now you are building a business what you put into your business is what you get out of it. People that are successful here are putting in the necessary work : running amazing camps that are more of an experience than a class, building relationships with your campers and the community, being involved with local business and school districts, collaborating with other trainers in the area, etc.

Best fitness program to be apart of, if you don’t want to be stuck in a box and want to make money you truly deserve to make and change the lives you truly want to change.
Pros
70% of memberships go to you, team based atmosphere, back end business support from headquarters.
Cons
It takes work and time, but what business you’re building doesn’t, everyone can do it from single parents to people with full time jobs
March 12, 2019

Wow, thank you so much for this honest and insightful feedback! Revolutionizing the fitness industry definitely takes a ridiculous amount of teamwork and hustle and we're more than lucky to have mission-aligned business partners like you as a part of our CG Family! #BetterTogether

Don't Force It
Partner Trainer (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2019
The biggest takeaway I can add here is that if you love fitness, are outgoing, responsible, work well on a team, and have long-term vision, you'll succeed here. If you don't manage your time well, aren't personable, and need an instant paycheck, don't force this career.

It's a lot of upfront work for long-term success but is totally worth it. It takes some level of self-sacrifice, so be sure that your family is supportive and on the same page with the fact that you may have to go work on a Saturday or Sunday for a few hours.

The flexibility during the day (between running workouts) is one of my favorite parts of this job. I can decide what I need to do and when.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Pay, Fun Company Culture, Sense of Purpose
Cons
Hard work, No guarantees, Isn't for Everybody
February 5, 2019

We deeply appreciate your insightful feedback! It is always so impactful to hear about the time and energy our Trainers put into field and ultimately towards our mission of impacting lives. We are incredibly grateful to have mission-aligned business partners like you who are helping us every day to revolutionize the fitness industry!

If you need income early don’t even start
Partner trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I was a trainer at camp gladiator for 5 months but had two other jobs to continue to make a living. Beware that the start up costs are miserable!!!! You pay for the trip for training, you pay for the start up kit, you pay for “conferences”, you pay for the campers shirts, basically you pay for EVERYTHING. They will have the original people get up there and give you the hoorah speeches of look at me look at the money I make. Guess what ANY pyramid scheme is that way 😂. They send those people to new locations to start them up so every new trainer they find is extra money a month again pyramid. But in an allready saturated area you can’t find 20 new trainers just like that. Also management is a true let down. I was threatened with not staying a trainer if I didn’t go to one of the conferences (again that I paid to go to gas and all) then a month later was told I was being non renewed. So instead of being told about the non renewal before I went out of pocket to go, at Christmas time mind you, they threatened my job then took it away after. With 2 other jobs I didn’t have the time they wanted for meetings, meetings, more meetings, and events. My ratings were almost perfect and even my campers are calling in and complaining but that doesn’t matter. It’s sad because the campers are amazing but other than that think hard before joining.
Pros
Campers
Cons
Low money, fees everywhere, pyramid scheme, shady management
Save yourself the stress and money you have to dish out! Worked for this company for 3 years! Worst 3 years ever
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2019
Short story! This is a pyramid scheme! Company makes over a million dollars a month while you make chump change! 3 years I worked for them! I had over 100 clients and my pay check was maybe 2 grand! They charge you for EVERYTHING! Including 2 trips a year to Texas and you have to pay for that! One trip is right before Christmas and you don’t get paid from December till February so save all the chump change you get from them
Pros
It’s outside that was the only thing that got me
Cons
Long hours, lots of unpaid events or events you actually have to pay for! They will bleed you for your time!
January 31, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As with starting any business, you’ll find it requires operating expenses. We have hundreds of happy Trainers across the nation that have built their business from scratch. We do our best to serve them on a daily basis.
We are grateful to our Trainers that spend their long hours impacting lives. We will absolutely take your feedback into account and do our best to improve the Trainer experience.

Pyramid scheme disguised as cultural movement
Partner Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2019
The job posting advertised $75,000.00 for the first year of employment (not actually employed by the way, you are contracted and potentially renewed on an annual basis). That is no where near the average income potential for new trainers, a unicorn or two may sail to such height, but not to take the wind out of your sales it is not likely .
Your first step is to function as an intern, a non paid intern, where you attend camps and meetings while trying to sell memberships without receiving pay. After the fact and a month down the road you get about $300 for your full time efforts.
Second step is paying, out of pocket (remember you haven't been paid yet) to go to a two day business trip where they work you for 12 hours a day attending meetings and workouts, the culmination being an actual audition for a contract. If you pass (I did) great, you get to move on to the next stage. If you fail, you get another chance, but you need to spend another month or so at the intern stage.
So let's say you passed. Now you are an affiliate right? Not quite. You need to sign your contract which requires a $500-$700 mandatory marketing kit purchase, then go buy a table and a speaker (follow me here, still haven't been paid a dime by CG and you're in for $1500 plus).
Next you have to find locations and secure operating contracts. If you are lucky enough to take over a formerly failed location you can inherit some membership contracts and start earring right away, but if any of those members cancel its held against you, so buyer beware! Otherwise it takes about another month to
  more... get your location up and running, now with zero Bold memberships and zero income.
But now you are a trainer, the money comes rolling in right? No. You have to SELL all day every day. Quit your job, leave your wife, put the kids in foster care and drop your pets off at the pound, you are now CG and only CG.
But whats the big deal? You only have to run your camps right? NOPE. You have to volunteer to work marketing events every weekend. You have to volunteer to work Saturday camps. You have to volunteer to go to meetings. If you don't volunteer to work for free, you might not get a contract renewal, then all this overhead investment is wasted. So you buy in with more time. By the way, they don't tell you about all the volunteer hours before you sign your contract. It'll come up after in the form of public call outs in front of your teammates if you aren't holding you "your end" of the workload.
Let's talk about pay next. The locations cost money. The insurance on your locations cost money. The free shirts CG gives away cost money. The credit card fees to charge members cost money. Updating your camp schedule costs money. Not selling enough memberships or participating in volunteer sales trips cost money ($100 fine per one hour camp you regularly run). All of this money is deducted from your paycheck before you even see it! They even charge you $3.40 per camper that sign up for the free promotions the decide to offer a few times a year! Let me say that again. They charge you $3.40 cents per person for people that attend camp for FREE, you make zero income of these promotion memberships but spend money out of pocket on them!
Now lets talk about vehicle depreciation, gas, marketing items, giveaways, mandatory "optional" social events you have to put on for you campers. Your shirts and training gear, your camp equipment and then any other expense you might occur. It all comes out of pocket. Oh, you can't work a camp or get sick. You have to pay for the sub. Running rate is about $40-$50 and hour. Camps are usually back to back, so $80-$100 a day in coverage. By the way, don't get sick, because the are also zero health benefits. That will be out of pocket expenses to you too!
How does the company make money. Off of new trainers of course! They push the hire new trainers agenda all year long, under the guise that if you bring someone on board you can get a small percentage of their sales! Great, except they are starting off just like you. Zero sales! The company makes more money off of everyone you bring in, whether they work out or not (remember the business trip where you audition? The 10 sales you need, the contractual marketing kit?). Then every trainer has to pay for the mandatory business trip and it gets more expensive every year you are with the company. Oh yeah and you make less. You start at what they claim to be 70%, then it drops to 60%, you know when you are a veteran trainer that devoted your entire life to CG events and sales. But it's kay now because you're bought in.
At the mandatory sales meeting they tout how much money the CEO's and their family and friends who have been with CG for 10 years plus make. Inspiring right? Nope, insulting. They got in early on the ground floor and as with all pyramid schemes the sooner you get in, the more money gets passed up to you. Believe me, I haven't even scratched the surface with fines and fess! Not to mention the number of times I have been harassed or berated at camp by bystanders (no protection from CG for trainers) or had my teammates steal my memberships for their location (campers chose the location the want to sign up for, that location's trainer is the one that gets credit for the sale and paid).
You get paid but It is never your money. They take it every chance they get. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Write your own schedule
Cons
Working for Camp Gladiator
January 31, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and hope to grow with each pro and con given to us! After hearing your experience, it sounds like we weren't able to fully communicate the entrepreneurship of Trainers as independent contractors. As with starting any business, you’ll find it requires operating expenses. Experience as an entrepreneur varies widely, but we are confident that any Trainer who has completed more than a year as a Trainer with CG are, on average, earning twice the industry average.
We are very grateful to partner together as Trainers and HQ so our Trainers can focus on what they do best; relationships and fitness! Your feedback is important to us in the hopes of better preparing any potential Trainers.

Difficult to make money, poor “team” environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 19, 2019
They sell you this “job” as if you work hard, you’ll be earning 6 figures. They even go so far as to show you their salary. What they don’t tell you is VERY FEW trainers are actually successful. And the few successful ones are not even good trainers, they are just cutthroat salesmen. Leadership offers no support and other trainers steal business from you. This is a SALES job, that won’t pay out for 90% of recruits. I’m embarrassed for being so gullible in thinking it was a good idea.
January 31, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are so very grateful to our Trainers that spend their time and energy on the field impacting lives. As with any Trainer that is trying to grow their personal business, you must build a client base. This requires hard work, expenses, and a sales-like mentality. Our Partner Trainers do not earn a salary as they are independent contractors, not employees. Leadership development is one of the top priorities in our company and we do our best to offer support from all facets of the company; Field Operations, Camper support, accounting, marketing, tech and the leaders in the field. We take all feedback seriously and will do our best to take your comments into consideration regarding the Trainer experience.

Don't Force It
Partner Trainer (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018

Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Pay, Fun Company Culture, Sense of Purpose
Cons
Hard work, No guarantees, Isn't for Everybody
January 31, 2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post about your experience with CG! It is always encouraging to hear about the positive impact that Camp Gladiator has on our Trainers. We are so glad to have you in the CG Family!

Best training opportunity with fun culture, but leadership will fail you
Partner Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2018
As a female it can be scary to be an outdoor bootcamp trainer when it's dark at 5am (or 5pm depending on time of year). I had an experience that no longer made me feel safe, which contributed to my decision to leave.

Overall CG is the best opportunity for those who wish to create a full-time career out of training since you're not bound to a corporate box gym. Unique culture is the only good thing. Fun personalities at HQ did a fantastic job motivating and supporting trainers.

The problem is individual region leadership. Leaders from Texas where CG started and thrives, came to Colorado and treated the Denver market as if it is the same as Texas. It's not. But they didn't seem to care about how to approach it or or genuinely support the team. I felt the "encouragement" was fake most of the time. Nothing against the company itself, but I have witnessed a lot of trainer turnover in Denver and much of it seems due to leadership.
Pros
Better than corporate gyms, culture
Cons
No job security, commission-based pay
January 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! At CG, we strive to build a safe, positive, and supportive environment for both our Campers and Trainers. We are constantly working to improve each Trainer's experience with CG and apologize to hear that you had a negative one. We value your point of view and will take it into consideration as we strive to be the best opportunity in fitness!

Fun Place to work.
Recruiter/Partner Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
CG is a fun environment to work in. Schedules are flexible. Your pay is strictly commission and at times you can feel as if you are not compensated for your work. Dishonesty amongst coworkers can be a problem.
Read the Fine Print
Partner Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2018
I loved working as a trainer, however there is a lot that CG doesn't tell you before you start. Your out of pocket is crazy and although they offer a great % of pay, they don't tell you that % is after they fee you to death which leaves you very little in return. You have to have and maintain well over 100 campers to make a living.
You work 24/7 with no break. If you aren't planning for camp, you are at some type of sales meeting or show. It is none stop work.
Forget taking time off! If you do you have to pay big for a sub and this is per camp (workout).
Pros
Meeting great people who want to better their health.
Cons
Trainers do not help other trainers build their camps. You're on your own!!
Worse place ever to work
Primary Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
Expect you to bring them everything and they bring you nothing in return! It's basically a marketing job, with a little bit of training. The claims of what they pay aren't accurate and the pay declines over the years.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Not worth the time and energy invested
Rewarding and challenging.
Partner Trainer (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 10, 2018
A fun challenging environment for personal trainers to be able to challenge themselves with larger groups of clients. Outdoor fitness bootcamp with some startup costs that are not always clearly defined when hiring in. Great place to work but going "full time" would not be recommended until you have been with the company long enough to cover all your bills.
Pros
Ability to set your own schedule and relatively be your own boss.
Cons
Management can definitely show favorites.
January 31, 2019

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and for taking the time to post about your experience with CG! We value your point of view and will take it into consideration as we strive to be the best opportunity in fitness. We are so glad to have you in the CG Family!

Will Never Work at Another Company!
HQ Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2018
The personal and professional growth I've gained here could not be matched by another company. CG changed my life for the better! I fully believe in our mission and core values, leadership is amazing and really pour into us, the people are my favorite and culture is second to none.
Pros
Free camp, new wellness program, wearing workout clothes to the office, Fun Days, OOOB benefit (unlimited time off) ... the list goes on and on.
Cons
The work we do is HARD! But, its the most gratifying thing I've ever done; especially with our mission being the focus.
January 31, 2019

Thanks for your awesome review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are lucky to have team players like you who help us live out our mission of positively impacting lives!

fun company but difficult for advancement
Lead personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Really enjoyed working for this company but difficult to maintain schedule with a family and very difficult to advance in pay and position. Enjoyed being "my own boss" and interacting with others.
Pros
outdoors, fun enviornment
Cons
inconsistent pay
fun place to work, terrible communication
Trainer Affiliate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 30, 2017
Loved the tiny amount I did work for them, I worked for free though, I was never not once paid from this company, ever!!! They talk it up and how great it is, I taught a few classes & once I realized they were not going to pay me and I was working for free I stopped showing up
Pros
fun to teach people how to work out
Cons
no pay, will not pay you for your time
Great Place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 12, 2017
I loved working at Camp Gladiator. The leadership was awesome and very helpful. The people were great too and I enjoyed meeting new campers. It was very intriguing and I enjoyed every minute of it.
fun place to work at
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 10, 2017
Worked with kids that was fun and nice respectpul parents. The lady I worked for was really rude and the way she let me go was not apporpet for a 14 year old child at the time.
Great Company
Group Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2017
Was a great experience working with Camp Gladiator. Had the flexibility to create your own schedule. The culture was great. All the other trainers were great to be around. Was a bit too demanding on travel for sales events though.
Tedious Job
Camper Expert (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
The people are awesome to work with but the pay is low for this position. Must like to tell people "no" to work here. Upholding binding contracts is a large part of your job.
Pros
excellent work culture, free snacks, free work-outs
Cons
long hours, un-organized management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Gladiator. Our community is ready to answer.