Camp Mendocino Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Kids are very troubled and it feels like your working non stop.
Lifeguard camp counsler (Former Employee) –  In the red wood forestMarch 10, 2019
You work 24 hours a day and they dont tell you that until you go to the training. If a kid has an accident in the middle of the night ita your job to take care of it. You can't use the showers when the kids are using the showers. The meals there taste like cardboard, managment says that there for you but they are not. And they have cabins but they also have teepees which they don't tell you until you get there also and you might be stuck in a teepee. The kids are very troubled kids they don't tell you that either until you get there. You might have kids trying to suffocate each other in the middle of the night or try to fight someone in the middle of the night and it's your job to wake up and deal with it. I highly don't recommend working at this camp.
Great place to be
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2017
Great atmosphere, fun coworkers, and excellent kids. Mentally and physically challenging. Many activities that you will enjoy along with the kids. Great supervisors. The kids are the best part of this job.
This was a fun and different workplace.
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Mendocino County, CAJuly 26, 2016
This was a different and thrilling experience, I am glad that I was selected to do this job. There were many different fun jobs like a rock wall mountain biking, swimming,archery, and so many other jobs. I also enjoyed working in a dining hall making sure everyone enjoyed their meals and we're satisfied. This job helped me gain independence, people skills, and learn the importance of keeping a positive attitude even if I was tired or having a bad day.
Pros
Amazing staff and activities
Cons
Not many breaks