Camp Pontiac Employee Reviews for Camp Counselor

Great Kids but terrible experience
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJune 29, 2018
I loved my cabin of kids but was treated terribly by head staff. The administration would only smile or wave if there was a camper with you. The retention rate for counselors is very low and there is no accountability for campers actions regardless of their age. Pay is average for a summer camp, but would highly recommend working at a different camp. Was a very sexist workplace -I also got a terrible case of bronchitis while at the end of camp and was told I could not see a doctor - it took me over 6 weeks to recover. The only pro was the children and fellow counselors.
Pros
The kids are great, friendships
Cons
Treatment, sexist, low pay
Camp
Camp Counselor/Football Director (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYMay 1, 2018
Cool place to work. enjoyed working with the kids and meeting so many people. You gain great experience and diversity within the job. would recommend.
fun camp for the kids; lack of appreciation for counselors
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJune 17, 2017
our day started from 7 in the morning and did not end til 10 at night. I was put with the youngest girls which were 6 and 7. They were hard to deal with at times however the part that was hardest was the pay I received. We worked constantly every day with a very short break and the pay we received did not reflect the hard work all of the counselors put in. The people who ran the camp did not even thank the counselors at the end of the summer for everything they did but managed to thank everyone else. I do miss the girls however this camp needs to fix their priorities.
Pros
visited the east coast
Cons
low pay
The best summer job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYMay 25, 2017
Working at Camp Pontiac was the best summer job! Working with the campers at their activities made each day enjoyable. Campus is beautiful. A great eight week summer job!
Good
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYApril 9, 2017
The job was good. The kids are nice. The staff should have more breaks and get paid more. If there was an issue the management did not really help. Nice campus
Fun in Copake
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
All summer long I spent times with children and I loved it. Met other counselors from all over the world and created friendships forever. Especially thanks to social media now that I can stay in contact. Summer in Copake was great. Wish I can do it every summer.