Camp Pontiac Employee Review

View all Camp Pontiac reviews

Exhausting
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Work from sun up to way past sun down. The kids don't listen. At least they give you some time off each week. You're basically expected to be the kids servants, which would be fine if they were all little, but mine were teenagers. They're more than capable of getting themselves food, especially when we all have to go to the cafeteria together. Benefits include awesome coworkers that keep in touch after camp has ended.

Other Camp Pontiac Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
Lifeguard Supervisor/Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Copake, NYAugust 22, 2018
One of the best decisions I've ever made was to work at Camp Pontiac. I have built relationships that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I hope to never sever ties with this place. Always a Friend.
good people terrible place and management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJuly 17, 2018
The owners of the camp are profit driven, and create an illusion for the tours to attract new customers. There are very returning campers to become counselors due to the poor upper management. As a staff member, my fellow counselors and I were lied to and our happiness was never a concern. I found those who returned summer after summer were there for the memories they made with the people they've met. Very few enjoy their time working. Aside from that, pay is average for summer camp and the food is bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Pontiac. Our community is ready to answer.

Camp Pontiac Reviews by Location