Camp Pontiac Employee Review

View all Camp Pontiac reviews

good people terrible place and management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJuly 17, 2018
The owners of the camp are profit driven, and create an illusion for the tours to attract new customers. There are very returning campers to become counselors due to the poor upper management. As a staff member, my fellow counselors and I were lied to and our happiness was never a concern. I found those who returned summer after summer were there for the memories they made with the people they've met. Very few enjoy their time working. Aside from that, pay is average for summer camp and the food is bad.

Other Camp Pontiac Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
Lifeguard Supervisor/Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Copake, NYAugust 22, 2018
One of the best decisions I've ever made was to work at Camp Pontiac. I have built relationships that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I hope to never sever ties with this place. Always a Friend.
Great Kids but terrible experience
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJune 29, 2018
I loved my cabin of kids but was treated terribly by head staff. The administration would only smile or wave if there was a camper with you. The retention rate for counselors is very low and there is no accountability for campers actions regardless of their age. Pay is average for a summer camp, but would highly recommend working at a different camp. Was a very sexist workplace -I also got a terrible case of bronchitis while at the end of camp and was told I could not see a doctor - it took me over 6 weeks to recover. The only pro was the children and fellow counselors.
Pros
The kids are great, friendships
Cons
Treatment, sexist, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Pontiac. Our community is ready to answer.

Camp Pontiac Reviews by Location