Camp Pontiac Employee Review

View all Camp Pontiac reviews

You get back whatever you put in
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJanuary 29, 2018
I've worked at Pontiac for two summers and it has been some of the best days of life. The staff is very diverse, consisting of people from all across the globe, and they somehow always seem to find the most amazing people. The camp is gorgeous and the owners are very friendly and accommodating. You work long days, but with days out and nights off it seems to balance out. People tend to complain about pay, but you know exactly what you're getting when you sign the contract. If you do what you're expected to do and communicate with the staff, you'll have a blast.
Pros
traveling on days off, friendships, connections
Cons

Other Camp Pontiac Employee Reviews

amazing place to work
Lifeguard Supervisor/Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Copake, NYAugust 22, 2018
One of the best decisions I've ever made was to work at Camp Pontiac. I have built relationships that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I hope to never sever ties with this place. Always a Friend.
good people terrible place and management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJuly 17, 2018
The owners of the camp are profit driven, and create an illusion for the tours to attract new customers. There are very returning campers to become counselors due to the poor upper management. As a staff member, my fellow counselors and I were lied to and our happiness was never a concern. I found those who returned summer after summer were there for the memories they made with the people they've met. Very few enjoy their time working. Aside from that, pay is average for summer camp and the food is bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Pontiac. Our community is ready to answer.

Camp Pontiac Reviews by Location