Camp Taji

Camp Taji Employee Reviews

Its Iraq. We are on a base and that is where you live, eat, work. We leave once every 4-6 months for a 14 day MAXIMUM "vacation" that we pay for. Benefits are decent.
Pretty much that's it.
The work area is dangerous due to the location of the work. Working with other nationalities was very interesting and a great experience. Depending on leadership it can be a very trying a experience or a good one.
Pros
Food area is open 24/7 and so is the gym
Cons
not much to do out there very small area
I deployed with a National Guard unit. I cannot speak to working condition of this location. There is multipule contractor that work our of this location.
Having a requirement for a review of a position within the same company, is not beneficial, for the applicant, or the reviewer. All of my positions, in the last 20 years, have the same review, even though they were at different times in my career, and at different locations. Because of the universality of the career, there is no specificity to each assignment, only the generality of the job from start to finish.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It was ok. I would go back. The part I liked about it most was that it was a new contract, what I didn't like was that the company was not prepared for the tasking, and there were many small problems that made work difficult.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hot
There is not much to say other than we were in a war zone living in an Iraqi Life Support Area on the Iraqi side of the base. I developed many great business relationships as well as personal friendships with my co-workers and management. We were on six months and off two weeks. We were like family to each other.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
War Zone
Nothing really to say. It was a great experience to work overseas and working with military as a civilian. Being a Vet and being able to still serve my country on the Civilian side was great, the traveling, vacation time, overtime, pay and benefits was good as well.
time to move on and work in a new environment and have new challenges in life. things have become stagnate and I would like to do something state side that will be demanding but fulfilling.
I was in the US Army and can't say much about daily duties. Sign up and check it out they are always hiring. It is hot and the days are long.
Pros
Good gyms
Cons
Dangerous
Steady consistant work day
worked well with Iraqi forces

management had open ears

good relationship with co-workers

always being away from home

interaction with foreign and domestic workers
Pros
accommodations were good
Cons
always the heat in Iraq
On a typical day you would have anywhere from 4-7 different trouble ticket to get done in a day. Our job ranged from installing copper/fiber to troubleshooting any of our wire as well as working with the Network Admins department to ensure that all steps were being taken to fix the problem. I enjoyed working with the team I was on as well as the other departments it seemed like more of a family type of work environment. The hardest part of the job was would be the animals that would sometimes be at or in the workspace that's exclusive to the region. The most enjoyable part is as always doing the job and the customers that you support excited that you are apart of the team.
Job was nice, I enjoyed working but it was coming to an end. Lost contract to LSI.
VERY FANTASTIC, working under kbr 5 years ,
i fill very superb job
I worked at Camp Taji Iraq for L-3 Communications. The base was terrible and long hard days. Being the youngest guy there I defiantly had to pick up the slack of the others.
Great opportunities !!!! Wonderful Atmosphere !!! Overseas Employment...
provide operational contracts linguist support the US Army operations in Iraq ,Camp Taji and cooperate with Iraqi Army and help to issue them vehicles and Armour vehicles to the Iraqi Army and support training the soldiers how to operate the A1M1,also supports meetings and interview with 9th Mech DIV how to get parts from the EME Units (JRPC).Provide interprets
Cons
At times the work load was overwhelmingly busy, with the different troops/units bringing in their vehicles and associated equipment to send to either somewhere else in the AOR, or back to the States. We kept the system in check, and worked well as a team.