Camp Winaukee Employee Reviews

Fun and supportive workplace
Counselor & Coach (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NH 03254March 30, 2018
Being a counselor and coach for the summer was extremely rewarding. The physical location of the camp, Lake Winnipesaukee, was beautiful. Work hours are long, but being at a camp, most of the time work really didn't feel like work!
Business Environment relocated at a camp
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHSeptember 15, 2017
Overall great experience. Not sure if I would return for the next summer due to my needs of finding a full-time job after graduation. Officer Manager and Camp Director are both wonderful supervisors and are willing to help with any issues that may arise while working on site.
I enjoyed Camp Winaukee
Counselor and Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHAugust 28, 2017
Great environment and great value camp to be a part of. the team atmosphere was excellent. I feel that the employees could have been compensated a little more.
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 7, 2017
A typical day at work would include general admin duties- answering incoming calls, photocopying, answering email inquiries, speaking to parents, distributing post, camp tours, marketing.
Productive work environment
Coach/Counselor (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 13, 2016
A typical day at camp was to wake up at 7:30 am and get the kids ready for breakfast. From then on we conducted various schemes to properly train the kids.We trained the kids until 6:30 pm with breaks for lunch, dinner and snacks. I got along with all of my co-workers and the management team taught me a lot on how to always be prepared and have a game plan.
Pros
Ability to teach kids
Cons
Only a summer job
hard work but it is worth it
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 28, 2015
workers seems like family and this make working here so relaxing. The working atmosphere is very comfortable even on the most stressful days.
Great job with terrible management
Ropes Staff (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHOctober 6, 2015
My time at Camp Winaukee was quite enjoyable. Though, Camp Group placed an individual in charge who had no prior experience and who was not cut out for the position. He ran around like a chicken with its head chopped off and made no effort to have any sort of rapport with the campers or staff. It was known to be a summer of change, but he was not wise enough to make gradual changes to the traditions and the campers suffered. The biggest problem was the hypocrisy and lying of the individual in charge, not only to the campers but also the staff. The facilities could also be greatly improved. Funny how one of the most expensive camps in the countries had by far the worst/ most outdated facilities out of all the camps we visited. The maintenance guys had to fight tooth and nail to try to get parts to whatever was broken, and at the end of the day they mostly had to make do with the little they had- leaving many things jerry-rigged. The only other thing I did not care for where the meals. Prisoners serving life terms receive more nutritious meals than the children and staff at a SPORTS camp. I recall one breakfast actually having Sun Chips as one of the few options...
Pros
Campers & Fellow Counselor/ Supporting Staff
Cons
Management/ Facilities/ Food
Productive working environment that provided me the opportunity to learn and develop several skills
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Moultonboro, NHOctober 8, 2014
Working at Camp Winaukee allowed me to fully understand my ability to learn new skills. I started as a Camp Counselor at 18 years old and worked diligently to eventually be put in a position where my decisions impacted the organization on a large scale. I learned to program 8 weeks of activities for approximately 400 campers, focusing specifically on programing the daily activities of a group of 175 children aged 13-15. I developed the ability to effectively manage a multi-cultural staff in an organization that represents approximately 25 nations. I learned how to coordinate all departments within the organization to function as one unit as well as coordinate events with other camps in the states of New Hampshire and Maine.

A typical day at work was extremely busy, as I would be the first person up to ensure the campers that were leaving for tournaments were up and that their counselors had the right medical gear, meals, and contingency funds for their trip. I would then begin to coordinate the daily activities on site. A typical day would start at 7:00am and finish around 9:00pm. The hours put in daily and without much time off is the most difficult part of the job. However, working with a multi-cultural staff and great co-workers on a beautiful lake is very enjoyable.
Pros
Beautiful work site, great co-workers, sport environment
Cons
A great place for seasonal employment
Camp Counselor / Water Front Staff (Former Employee) –  Moultonborough, NHApril 30, 2013
Great directors and a fun place to work. Very demanding hours and lots of responsibility. Working with boys ranging in age from 5-14 yrs old. Diverse culture with focus on athletics. Could not ask for better management.
Pros
Living exspenses are 100% taken care of.