Campbell Soup Company
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

Campbell Soup Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

The pay was good.

You constantly feel at odds with management. They don't stand behind you when you do what your told and it goes wrong. They don't give proper attention to detail when individual employees have issues.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Great job if you enjoy being a pawn

The pay is about what you can expect from a manufacturing job in the area. The benefits also average. The schedule is great if you like working 6 days(sometimes 7) a week. There are 10 paid holidays a year but don't expect to be off for them and you won't be disappointed. Turnover rate is very bad and pretty obvious as to why that is. They don't care about your input but will ask for it often.

Pros

Free soda friday, slightly above average pay

Cons

No days off, too much mandatory overtime, managent that plays favorites

Exhausting

Very Exhausting,and unorganized. Too many captains and not enough sailors, which has caused a major disrupt, when it comes to making senseable decisions for the department, but also for the organization as an whole entity. You can have the best and brightest idea, that would make perfect sense, and here come the ancient employee, who's been doing it the old way for 100 years, say no, it can't be done like that. Very deceitful place, can't trust leadership, the lies flow like water, COVID-19 breakout is very bad within the work place, you have employees who get mad when you tell them to cover their face, because they like to walk around as if covid doesn't exist, management will try to plaster other people job on you if you're not careful. The 12 hours are inhumane and unrealistic, especially if your whole work day only consist of 7 hours worth of work, the temps are breaking and taring things up, it's a mess.

Pros

Health, and Dental

Cons

Management, Inhumane hours, alot of time stealing clock riders, bias, judgemental leadership, you have to be a YES'EM in order to be liked

Solid Company

Campbell Soup is a solid organization to work for. Leadership has changed, but I have but right people seem to be in place. Salaries are not exceeding the competitions, but are still OK. Only major issue I have in career growth. Some roles, paticularly field role, feel stagnant in terms of growth opportunities.

Pros

Company vehicle, flexibility, team

Cons

Career growth

You make money but have no life

This company sucks you in with the amount of money you can make from a good hourly wage, but the mandatory OT creates high wages that are not worth the time spent away from your family for most. Once you get used to the money it becomes very hard to leave.

Pros

Most of the jobs are fairly easy.

Cons

Mandatory OT, daily and weekends

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

It's a job

If all you want is money and no life then this job is for you. You will receive more overtime than you ever could imagine. Probably work some holidays too!

Poor leadership from top to bottom

Good pay & you meet people who care about you and try to help you meet your goal & you will meet people who treat you like a backyard Mechanic or the red head stepchild truth is you’re just a number and never forget that just try to do your job and go home because that 1 plant emerald is really bad stay far from it I transferred to the bakery & I love it I’m no longer stressed out I’m actually happy about the job I’m doing I wasn’t at the nut division it’s ran by leaders who look down on brown skin there was no room to move up unless you begged and now I hear they making it a (camp) poor people that’s stuck over there being mistreated like an animal

Pros

Good pay ( but the people need ) need a union

Cons

Everything and everybody else (they need a union) bad

Workers are nice

I love working there great pay but you worked a lot. The workers and maintenance crew was fun to work with. Management training was horrible If you are not part of their group you will be targeted. I lost my job do to this, had a supervisor that was training me “well lack of”, lie about my performance. I was let go but was told by HR to apply for another jobs which I was never called for them. But they are in dire need for help. I was discriminated by safety department and nothing was done about it. Team leaders slam their workers in little team leader huddles which I witness in the office many times as they drank coffee. They even slammed other team leaders on different shifts. So pay , working environment is good. Work life needs improvement because you work 7 days a week. Training is horrible the lack of training matrix that has no accountability on the trainer. They have posted on their job description that you need PLC and a degree well some of the team leads don’t have that. Since they are friends with management they hold those positions. This is why I say you need to be part of their clic. So if you like drama this place is for you.

Pros

Money

Cons

Drama and Napoleon Campbells allows it

Overworked and Stressed tf out

The best workers are tasked with the most and help responsible for incompetence. Management sucks and focuses on either trying to sleep with employees or gossiping.

Pros

Money

Cons

Management, Disorganized

At the time, a major opportunity to upgrade talent across the Company

A typical day involved interaction across all functions. Plans were strategized and executed in a professional manner. Problems were solved with a sense of urgency. People with potential were identified and promoted, people who were at their potential contributed substantially and highly-qualified people were brought in from the outside to strengthen many functions and provide additional future succession capability.Compensation plans were implemented that tied individuals to Company financial performance.

Pros

Ability to make a difference

Cons

Cultural change was resisted by the old guard

Jobs at Campbell Soup Company

See more jobs

Don't plan on making a career here!

Overall a fair company but WAY too much change. Seems like restructure or reorganization are an annual occurrence. I am all for inclusion, however is inclusion through exclusion actually inclusion. Had a great run with the company and the early years were GREAT. Unfortunately more recent leadership choices have a reputation for downsizing. Wish all my former colleagues the best. Buyer be were! Fair compensation, good benefit options.

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

Senior Leadership lacks direction and commitment to plan, Difficult to Advance

Busy

Machines need upgrade, reinvestment on the future bill. Very supportive people in HR. Generous retirement match. Good benefits. Must pay both state taxes if you live in ky.

Good money

Long hours pay is great. If u don’t have a family it’s a wonderful place to work. 7 days a week 8-12 hour shifts. Got to be dedicated to that job and that job only

Good Place

You work a lot of hours there pay is good through co-workers are good people friendly easy work wasn't hard. I go back if I had transportation there I didn't mind it.

Pros

Pay is good ! Not to hard of work

Good place to make money if you like never being home.

Specifically Container Department :Pros: make more money than you can spend, time and half on saturdays, double time Sunday’s, 8 hour shifts, job secure as long as you come to work.Cons: work 7 days a week mandatory, the smells, management, advancing, they hire anyone long as they can stand up, they don’t fire people for not doing there jobs, some departments your accountable for operators not doing there job specially in container maintenance, relieving operators for break, not doing pm as they should, only worried about making money not worried about spending money to improve so they could make even more money, parts room is a wreck, etc..

Good pay

If you don't like having a life outside of work you will be alright pay is good but the temps do all the work while permanent Campbell workers walk around telling you what to do

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Earn Time off

Supportive leadership, reasonable/flexible work arrangements, one-team mentality

I enjoyed working with my team at CSC immensely. My management was supportive -both direct supervisor and team leader. They were very accomodating to remote work and results oriented - if you got your goals completed, earned trust, and remained consistent in these areas, you could very much flex your schedule to accomodate work/life balance, which was critical as the role required national coverage/multiple time zones.

Pros

wonderful team and leadership, good work life balance. reasonable workload

Cons

not many, would still be there if the function was not outsourced

Lots of hours

Overall, it's good money but you have to work a lot of hours. Once you have years of senority, you won't have to work as much overtime. The biggest flaw is so much overtime.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Forced overtime

Good paying job, okay people, prepare to have no life

Campbell's took over snyder's of Hanover. Benefits are good and pretty good wages except if you're traditional prepare to stay for additional 4 hours and they tell you a minute before you leave. Keep your mouth shut and follow the management like a dummy and you'll get promoted. Pretty much like other companies. Not a bad place to have a job. Attendance policy is strict.

Pros

Good benefits, very good wages, Diverse

Cons

No respect for employee's time

Pay / benefits

The pay is good you can stack up your money real quick Good payWorking for this company was not easy it’s hard work but easy it’s all case picking snacks picking from 20-198 picks in one order

Pros

Pay, benefits, co workers

Cons

Bad management, unsteady hours, they tell you lies

Hot and fast paced

You work steady all day, until recently 7 days a week. You work on a variety of equipment. Your training comes from other maintenance techs. You can advance quickly to a certain level.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss