Campbell Soup Company
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Campbell Soup Company:

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

United States554 reviews
Daily meetings to talk about expectations & daily goals
Nice friendly environment where everyone gets alone & work towards common goal. Plenty of room for growth within company & management helps you achieve your goals by making sure have the necessities to achieve target
Pros
Friendly/family environment & Pay
Cons
Work a lot of 7 days
Great environment
Do work a lot of hours but make a good living for family. With the daily environment and situational changes it makes it a very interesting place to work.
Campbell’s soup so
The good that stands out most about this company is that everyone is friendly and it felt like family working there. There was no bad when working at that company.
Great place
My experience with Campbell Soup it was a great place to work you work long hours but the pay is well worth it at the end of the week they’re willing to work with you to get you in a job where they can use you to your fullest abilities and the holidays work great to spend time with family
Pay rate was below average
I worked there for 5 years and the wage I was given when i left was only $1.60 more than when I started. It was impossible to get an excellent score on your employee evaluation unless you were doing the work of two levels higher than you. Your supervisor's Manager's work. Even if you were showing up every day and working your hardest you were never good enough for excellent reviews. The Employee of the month system was very inconsistent and not rewarded well. When I left I got an offer for $3 more dollars an hour to start. They did allow you to take home products that were nearing their expiration or buy them at a huge discount. They only care about the bottom line.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Excellent job all around
Stockpot was a great company to work for, great all around professionals. Awesome benefits and good people within the company. I would recommend anyone that's has ever inquired about this company.
No job security
The job had it’s challenges. The disconnect between senior leadership and the field is hindering progress. Senior leadership is constantly executing surveys to the field, but does not use that data to actually help the field employees. I can guarantee the last survey no one said “let’s do this with less people, that’s what we need”. Yet, in response to this survey, Campbell’s eliminated positions
Campbell Soup
Campbell Soup was an okay factory to work at. There were times that I didn’t enjoy the work because of the strain I put against my body. We rarely had any easy days, everything stayed moving constantly.
Pros
Convenient for where I stayed
Cons
No days off, third shift, loud work
Condescending co workers, snobby.
People let their paycheck define themselves. Most people are snobby and entitled. If given the chance, theyll screw you over first chance they get. The money is good, but the environment is toxic and you need to be on guard from coworkers' gossip and constant scrutiny.
Extremely difficult and unprofessional work environment.
IT Leadership is completely unimaginative and unsupportive. My sincere recommendation to younger job aspirants - please dont get attracted into a little higher salary to hang around in this company. Every year they will do re-org/restructuring and lay people off. Because the only way this company can show higher gross margin is by cutting costs as the sales are declining. And the only way to cut costs is by reducing headcount. So less and less people asked to absorb more and more work and working life becomes a living mess.
LEAVE THIS PLACE BEFORE THEY LET YOU GO.
Layoffs
Layoffs every year ... management plays favorites..... lots of disagreements on teams.... working late a lot....not a work life balance..... poor marketing support
Fun place to work
I really loved working there . I was very upset when we was lost our contract .. the ppl was very helpful compassionate.. I wish i could go back there
productive with work life balance
Learned lot of things towards the process and technical. Supported the project activities with given timelines.Delivered the project deliveries on time.
Unprofessional HR and Management
Management has no clue what is going on and when something goes wrong which it always does they just play the blame game between departments instead of working together for a solution
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
HR and management are clueless and unprofessional
On the surface Campbells appears to be a great place to work. It can be in some departments; however, the culuture is a very tough one.
Many of the managers are dysfunctional, a few great ones. HR department needs some refinement in terms of supporting both employee and managers. The culture is stressful and extremely competitive depending on the department.. Many layers to get things done - lack of transparency. Unity does not exist. One good thing about Campbell's is how they give back to the community and encourage all employees to volunteer throughout the year. They are also a fairly diverse company which is nice. New CEO may change culture for the better...
Pros
Great benefits/compensation, free soup Fridays, great fitness center, gives back to the community
Cons
Management and HR team need improvement
Strong growth oriented company
Good entry level or mid level company to join. After multiple mergers and acquisitions advancement opportunities are challenging. Solid workplace with excellent mentors
Great supervisor and friendly co-workers.
Great place to work for because they care about there customer reviews and want to send the best product they can. I enjoyed my supervisor because he was an open minded person and cared about all of his employees.
Pros
Great payout
Cons
Mandated 12 hour days 5 days a week and 8 hours on the weekends.
Great company
Great company to work for and great opportunities. Good coworker and friendly environment. Has good culture and great benefits. Nice store to buy products.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Struggling company in a dying industry
There's an inability of the company to change with the times. The canned soup business is dying and CSC fails to adjust accordingly. Philadelphia is a fun location.
Great Work culture
Very motivating and encouraging team. They help you understand the concepts and grow and gel within the team. Very nice team culture and bonding. Best team ever.
Fun work place
Very nice and clean work environment. Happy to come in every day and work. Very proactive company that truly cares about its employees. I will always be grateful to have worked here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight