Campbell Soup Company
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

Campbell Soup Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great work/life balance, little career advancement

Pros: Company is an overall great environment for a work/life balance perspective. Coworkers are friendly and seem to genuinely care for others. Most people are always willing to help.Cons: Every group seems siloed and there is not a lot of career progression. Management pushes you to make lateral moves over advancing as structure does not allow for many promotions.

The delivery drivers

The new management who came from Snyder's after Campbell's bought the company is terrible at management. This company treats there employees very badly and they're taking benefits away little by little. Also the company never washes its bread trays and sends them loaded with bread for delivery daily...disgusting!

Pros

The people you work with

Its like a prison

It's hard to say who is more crooked, the company or the union but they are both equally sad. The relationship between management and workers is a lot like prison guard/inmate. Literally, they pull from former cops as direct employee management. If you are new you will work 60 hours a week minimum. If you have a problem that requires the union to get involved, it will end with a back room deal between the union and the company, but you will be the loser. The union will strike a deal that extends themselves an advantage if they allow the company to screw you over. Every season the company hires hundreds of people, and throughout the season will just dismiss people seemingly at random. By the end of the season most are fired or quit due to 7 day a week forced overtime. I worked there for 5 years and watched this happen.

Cons

Could be better, but it's going downhill

You either work 8hr, 6 days a week with 1 day off or you work a rotating 12hr schedule. There is some room for growth and advancement in the workplace. Managers and bosses have their favorites and only listen to whoever they want. There is a big lack of communication between management and employees. Nothing gets done when there are problems. You work hard and don't even get appreciated for it. They will run you dry. Managers will also let old folks who have been there for 20+ years, walk all over them and let them bully and pick on the newer workers.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Management, Lack of communication, Favoritism, Long hours, Bullying

Ehh

Too much favoritism and forced overtime Not appreciated and the pay is mediocre at best. No leadership and no accountability for those who are lazy !!

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Overall good place to work

Very fast paced. Good place to work. Work life balance can be challenging. Management cares about needs and helps employees when they are able to. Managers care about people’s needs. Challenging work day to day problem solving. Satisfying work and seeing progress

Pros

Challenging work. Good pay. Overtime opportunies. Good benefits. Caring managers

Cons

Long hours. Can be a grind at times

Dont do it

The only good thing about this place is they pay you to be here. I've been here for 8 years and the majority of it was 70 hour weeks. The management is a joke and they truly don't care about your mental or physical health.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Great job if you enjoy being a pawn

The pay is about what you can expect from a manufacturing job in the area. The benefits also average. The schedule is great if you like working 6 days(sometimes 7) a week. There are 10 paid holidays a year but don't expect to be off for them and you won't be disappointed. Turnover rate is very bad and pretty obvious as to why that is. They don't care about your input but will ask for it often.

Pros

Free soda friday, slightly above average pay

Cons

No days off, too much mandatory overtime, managent that plays favorites

Exhausting

Very Exhausting,and unorganized. Too many captains and not enough sailors, which has caused a major disrupt, when it comes to making senseable decisions for the department, but also for the organization as an whole entity. You can have the best and brightest idea, that would make perfect sense, and here come the ancient employee, who's been doing it the old way for 100 years, say no, it can't be done like that. Very deceitful place, can't trust leadership, the lies flow like water, COVID-19 breakout is very bad within the work place, you have employees who get mad when you tell them to cover their face, because they like to walk around as if covid doesn't exist, management will try to plaster other people job on you if you're not careful. The 12 hours are inhumane and unrealistic, especially if your whole work day only consist of 7 hours worth of work, the temps are breaking and taring things up, it's a mess.

Pros

Health, and Dental

Cons

Management, Inhumane hours, alot of time stealing clock riders, bias, judgemental leadership, you have to be a YES'EM in order to be liked

Pays well but shut downs

With the company for a Year now an the pay is fine an hours for 12 he rotation is fine too but.. within my year the plant has unexpected shut downs almost monthly an most of time consecutive days so it's hard to get your average paycheck. They will send you home with no heads up bc they are having flour or maintenance issues or if it's shut down for days it's usually to fumigate the place for roaches... Lots of em. I literally switched departments bc I was tired of running from them.. oh an don't expect them to pay you for sending you home for these random warehouse closings so have a plan b $ on standby.. management is cool though.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Can't stay open

Great place to work at

Campbell is a great place to start your career. There's alot of possiblities for lateral promotions if you show abilities and capabilities to take on more.

The pay was good.

You constantly feel at odds with management. They don't stand behind you when you do what your told and it goes wrong. They don't give proper attention to detail when individual employees have issues.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Good

Love it it’s the best good paying job I ever had I’ve been there for six years and love my paycheck be over 1700$ every two weeks it’s just get hot from time to time

Solid Company

Campbell Soup is a solid organization to work for. Leadership has changed, but I have but right people seem to be in place. Salaries are not exceeding the competitions, but are still OK. Only major issue I have in career growth. Some roles, paticularly field role, feel stagnant in terms of growth opportunities.

Pros

Company vehicle, flexibility, team

Cons

Career growth

You make money but have no life

This company sucks you in with the amount of money you can make from a good hourly wage, but the mandatory OT creates high wages that are not worth the time spent away from your family for most. Once you get used to the money it becomes very hard to leave.

Pros

Most of the jobs are fairly easy.

Cons

Mandatory OT, daily and weekends

It's a job

If all you want is money and no life then this job is for you. You will receive more overtime than you ever could imagine. Probably work some holidays too!

Poor leadership from top to bottom

Good pay & you meet people who care about you and try to help you meet your goal & you will meet people who treat you like a backyard Mechanic or the red head stepchild truth is you’re just a number and never forget that just try to do your job and go home because that 1 plant emerald is really bad stay far from it I transferred to the bakery & I love it I’m no longer stressed out I’m actually happy about the job I’m doing I wasn’t at the nut division it’s ran by leaders who look down on brown skin there was no room to move up unless you begged and now I hear they making it a (camp) poor people that’s stuck over there being mistreated like an animal

Pros

Good pay ( but the people need ) need a union

Cons

Everything and everybody else (they need a union) bad

Workers are nice

I love working there great pay but you worked a lot. The workers and maintenance crew was fun to work with. Management training was horrible If you are not part of their group you will be targeted. I lost my job do to this, had a supervisor that was training me “well lack of”, lie about my performance. I was let go but was told by HR to apply for another jobs which I was never called for them. But they are in dire need for help. I was discriminated by safety department and nothing was done about it. Team leaders slam their workers in little team leader huddles which I witness in the office many times as they drank coffee. They even slammed other team leaders on different shifts. So pay , working environment is good. Work life needs improvement because you work 7 days a week. Training is horrible the lack of training matrix that has no accountability on the trainer. They have posted on their job description that you need PLC and a degree well some of the team leads don’t have that. Since they are friends with management they hold those positions. This is why I say you need to be part of their clic. So if you like drama this place is for you.

Pros

Money

Cons

Drama and Napoleon Campbells allows it

Overworked and Stressed tf out

The best workers are tasked with the most and help responsible for incompetence. Management sucks and focuses on either trying to sleep with employees or gossiping.

Pros

Money

Cons

Management, Disorganized

At the time, a major opportunity to upgrade talent across the Company

A typical day involved interaction across all functions. Plans were strategized and executed in a professional manner. Problems were solved with a sense of urgency. People with potential were identified and promoted, people who were at their potential contributed substantially and highly-qualified people were brought in from the outside to strengthen many functions and provide additional future succession capability.Compensation plans were implemented that tied individuals to Company financial performance.

Pros

Ability to make a difference

Cons

Cultural change was resisted by the old guard

Don't plan on making a career here!

Overall a fair company but WAY too much change. Seems like restructure or reorganization are an annual occurrence. I am all for inclusion, however is inclusion through exclusion actually inclusion. Had a great run with the company and the early years were GREAT. Unfortunately more recent leadership choices have a reputation for downsizing. Wish all my former colleagues the best. Buyer be were! Fair compensation, good benefit options.

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

Senior Leadership lacks direction and commitment to plan, Difficult to Advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight