Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

United States714 reviews

soupplantunionweekmachineingredientovertimelife

Fair expectations and standards

Easier than most warehouse positions. The pay was decent and production standards and expectations were fair. My only complaint is that we were trained on forklifts, but never given a certification that we could have taken to our next positions after our location closed.

Good money but no life

Definitely not family friendly! Theeee most overtime I’ve ever seen any company mandate… I’ve seen ppl be mandated to work 7 12 hour shifts- for multiple weeks in a row. Awful.

Pros

Money and benefits

Cons

No work life balance at all

Campbell Soup Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Amazing

Amazing job! I love working for this company. It is an honor to work with such prestigious individuals. I can’t express enough how helpful my manager are!

Productive place

If your not Mexican then you are treated poorly. There is a lot of favoritism and it’s not fair. Raises are few and far in between, if your lucky you get a buck, if not you end up with .20 cents a year

Pros

You get a locker, you get water

Cons

There are too many to add, enter at your own risk, no work life balance.

Days off an getting paid every week!

The managers are ALL stuck up an rude! The company charges you every time you smoke a cigarette. The employees are lazy and do not clean the machines correctly. One of the managers said that they have a really bad cockroach problem that are getting into the chips and the chips are still being used to be packaged up and sent out in orders..SMH!

Cambpells soup, Mm mm bad!

Once you are competent enough and know what you are doing, expect to be working 12 hour days all week every single week. The standard shift is 8 hours but good luck having a week that's just 40 hours. There has to be a better system when it comes to overtime. You can only be mandated 3 times a week to come in early or stay over. For overtime but management does not care and will mandate you more than they are allowed to. They used to ask you before they mandated you for overtime but now they just put your name on the board.

This place can't train new hires with new hires

DO NOT WORK HERE PERIOD! They put me on line 5 utility, Supposedly the "Hardest" job in the plant. I doubt it, yet I heard that from multiple lazy co workers, Line 5 Utility is one of the easiest jobs I've ever had! After 6 weeks working at Campbell's I still hadn't received my login for the computer. My SAP! 🙃 I should of quit!!! I should of walked out! One of my biggest regrets Is that i didn't. Coworkers at Campbells told me campbells will give you a job without the tools to do it. Campbell's the company that doesn't care at all. Campbell's will hire anyone with a pulse. All true!!! They may be loading something other than Goldfish in those trucks. Its amazing this company is in business. They should rehire and restructure this entire company. They throw 140,000 pounds of salvage away annually, you'll go to break 25 minutes, you'll come back to a complete disaster! Seriously I hated going to break! The only thing their employees Excell at is being axtordinary lazy! They dont even try to hide it, they wont offer to help as long as they chat with their friends and colleagues. All while being as lazy as possible. These people are way to comfortable being paid to do absolutely nothing it's sad!

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor management

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay that's the only good thingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working 12 hour shifts 7 days a weekWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?People are rude What is a typical day like for you at the company?Horrible hot don't no where you will work it's just a ad place

Not bad

Not a bad place to work can move up if u work hard and learn fast benefits are good and 401k match is nice sometimes some differences with management but all around a good place

Average manufacturing job

It's not great but it's not horrible either. The main struggle is support, short staff, and lack of parts for the machines which you're expected to just work around instead of the company having an active plan to repair these things. Training is also lackluster, they don't quite have a system down. You'll train with someone for a bit then they throw you on your own to see if you sink or swim, which is very stressful on new employees.

Good company to work for

I loved working at campbells and I also liked the people that I worked with. Great benefitsDecent pay Ok management Work life balanceYou are able to move up in the company but it all depends on your work ethic.

Productive and Good Job

If you have no responsibilities. Great Place to work. Workplace is Good. You make quick and fast money working here. You set your life up good when working here.

Don't work here

Poor management can ruin a good staff. Not enought time to take vacation, only 1 person per week per shift over 30 people to a shift and 2 weeks vacation , not every can use their time off.

Productive and fun workplace!

Good place to work, decent pay. Lots of opportunities to learn new technologies. Downside is long hours, but with long hours comes more money. Would recommend.

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay is good What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Living there seven days a week

What is the best part of working at the company?easy work environment to work inWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?being able to catch 10 cans out of a hot machine with little time to grip them What is the work environment and culture like at the company?great work environmentWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?typical day was smooth

It’s okay

Money is great but the people make it not worth it. If they have a little bit of sonority they think their the boss. Job is easy, days off here and their.

This place is not looking for a hard dependable worker if you can’t pass there Computer test you don’t even have a chance I think it’s unprofessional to judge someone on book knowledge that is not saying a whole lot for the person or there work ethic

Enjoyed my job and the people I worked with

I really do wish things could have been different. I very much enjoyed the job I was doing and the people I worked with where great. It was the hours and work family balance that got me. I was working 12 hours a day, forced, and 7 days a week without a day off in months. I was so tired and so behind on getting things done at home that I had to walk out. I had always had high regards for campbell's but after what they did to me my opinion has changed.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No work family balance at all

Great place to work pay is amazing you’re treated fair job is not difficult at all would recommend for anyone I have zero complaints about working there

Boring

You stare at cans on an line all day in a hot environment, eat lunch, go home, and repeat the process. Easy work that pays decent but gets boring very quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight