Campbell Soup Company
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews in Napoleon, OH

Campbell Soup Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Decent money but expect to have no life working 60+ hours every week.

Work is easy enough but seniority was always wrong. Some people who want to work hard and move up will get taken advantage of where the more you know the more they will force you over last minute or make you come in early while other people who don't care to learn anything new or pretend they can't will get the nice schedule.

Pros

Good pay, decent breaks, friendly employees

Cons

Management, forced overtime, no work life balance

Its like a prison

It's hard to say who is more crooked, the company or the union but they are both equally sad. The relationship between management and workers is a lot like prison guard/inmate. Literally, they pull from former cops as direct employee management. If you are new you will work 60 hours a week minimum. If you have a problem that requires the union to get involved, it will end with a back room deal between the union and the company, but you will be the loser. The union will strike a deal that extends themselves an advantage if they allow the company to screw you over. Every season the company hires hundreds of people, and throughout the season will just dismiss people seemingly at random. By the end of the season most are fired or quit due to 7 day a week forced overtime. I worked there for 5 years and watched this happen.

Cons

You make money but have no life

This company sucks you in with the amount of money you can make from a good hourly wage, but the mandatory OT creates high wages that are not worth the time spent away from your family for most. Once you get used to the money it becomes very hard to leave.

Pros

Most of the jobs are fairly easy.

Cons

Mandatory OT, daily and weekends

It's a job

If all you want is money and no life then this job is for you. You will receive more overtime than you ever could imagine. Probably work some holidays too!

Workers are nice

I love working there great pay but you worked a lot. The workers and maintenance crew was fun to work with. Management training was horrible If you are not part of their group you will be targeted. I lost my job do to this, had a supervisor that was training me “well lack of”, lie about my performance. I was let go but was told by HR to apply for another jobs which I was never called for them. But they are in dire need for help. I was discriminated by safety department and nothing was done about it. Team leaders slam their workers in little team leader huddles which I witness in the office many times as they drank coffee. They even slammed other team leaders on different shifts. So pay , working environment is good. Work life needs improvement because you work 7 days a week. Training is horrible the lack of training matrix that has no accountability on the trainer. They have posted on their job description that you need PLC and a degree well some of the team leads don’t have that. Since they are friends with management they hold those positions. This is why I say you need to be part of their clic. So if you like drama this place is for you.

Pros

Money

Cons

Drama and Napoleon Campbells allows it

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good Place

You work a lot of hours there pay is good through co-workers are good people friendly easy work wasn't hard. I go back if I had transportation there I didn't mind it.

Pros

Pay is good ! Not to hard of work

Lots of hours

Overall, it's good money but you have to work a lot of hours. Once you have years of senority, you won't have to work as much overtime. The biggest flaw is so much overtime.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Forced overtime

Not a bad place to work at all

If you work here you will have money to take care of you and loved ones. The problem is you work about 320 days out the year so finding time to spend it with them can become difficult at times. But you can payoff your house your vehicles and have better insurance than most in the area...

If you have no life and hate yourself but love money it is perfect

All in all the work itself wasn’t bad, but you have no insurance till they feel like hiring you even though you’ll be working at least 70-80 hours a week. They’ll force you to stay for 12 hours and come in early for a twelve the next day leaving some people with less then 3 hours of sleep. Everybody is rude. They treat the employees like disposable property. And get away with shady stuff like not doing a shutdown once a once for the epa making everybody work. I do not recommend this to my worst enemy but if you need the money they pay really well just kiss your sanity and freedom goodbye cause they own you.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Everything else

I loved working there

I loved working at Campbell’s. Everyone was nice. It was easy working there. I loved the hours. I wish I could work there again. I liked the work. I love the place. The place is so clean.

Your just a number.

This place is AWFUL. The only reason people stay is cuase the pay is nice. But get ready to work 7 days a week for literally years to no end. Worst supervision and hr department ever. They dont care for their employees what so ever.

Pros

If you hate your family youll never see them.

Cons

Steals your soul

Very hot place to work at but super easy tasks

A very good paying job, hot conditions, good breaks, and nice people to work with. The job was a very on task and diligent work place that was very easy to do

No days off

Seven days a week/ DRAMA/ union. Employees feel entitled to breaks and put them above work priorities. Little to zero training, have no say in shift preference or location.

Good pay

Pay and benefits are good. However, you will pretty much be their all the time. Weekends, holidays, and a lot of 12 hour shifts. They don't really offer a whole lot of training. You have someone show you a co you ple times then you are left to fend for yourself

That this company only cares about company issues and not employee issues

Good pay people are shady management is bias long drive from Toledo twelve hour days some weeks are seven days a week the pay makes it worth it as long as you can handle long work days

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Great environment

Do work a lot of hours but make a good living for family. With the daily environment and situational changes it makes it a very interesting place to work.

Great place

My experience with Campbell Soup it was a great place to work you work long hours but the pay is well worth it at the end of the week they’re willing to work with you to get you in a job where they can use you to your fullest abilities and the holidays work great to spend time with family

Great supervisor and friendly co-workers.

Great place to work for because they care about there customer reviews and want to send the best product they can. I enjoyed my supervisor because he was an open minded person and cared about all of his employees.

Pros

Great payout

Cons

Mandated 12 hour days 5 days a week and 8 hours on the weekends.

Long days and weekends with no time off

Salary position, managers take advantage with long days and weekends Unpaid overtime Dealing with felons Union Human Resources Management support

Aweful place to work.

This place is a joke. I spent way to many years being miserable working at Campbell soup!! To the young people get out now do whatever u can to get out. Look for something that makes u feel good about yourself not that place where u are just a number and management will mock you make fun of u. Set u up for failure. Act like they are better than you treat u like garbage

Good job poor work life balance

This is a good job but the work life balance is varry poor 7 days a week few 12hr days management is always on the fence. But mostly a very poor work life balance that makes it feel like work is life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss