Campbell Soup Company

Napoleon, OH119 reviews

Clear

Campbell Soup Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Decent money but expect to have no life working 60+ hours every week.

Work is easy enough but seniority was always wrong. Some people who want to work hard and move up will get taken advantage of where the more you know the more they will force you over last minute or make you come in early while other people who don't care to learn anything new or pretend they can't will get the nice schedule.

Pros

Good pay, decent breaks, friendly employees

Cons

Management, forced overtime, no work life balance

Its like a prison

It's hard to say who is more crooked, the company or the union but they are both equally sad. The relationship between management and workers is a lot like prison guard/inmate. Literally, they pull from former cops as direct employee management. If you are new you will work 60 hours a week minimum. If you have a problem that requires the union to get involved, it will end with a back room deal between the union and the company, but you will be the loser. The union will strike a deal that extends themselves an advantage if they allow the company to screw you over. Every season the company hires hundreds of people, and throughout the season will just dismiss people seemingly at random. By the end of the season most are fired or quit due to 7 day a week forced overtime. I worked there for 5 years and watched this happen.

Workers are nice

I love working there great pay but you worked a lot. The workers and maintenance crew was fun to work with. Management training was horrible If you are not part of their group you will be targeted. I lost my job do to this, had a supervisor that was training me “well lack of”, lie about my performance. I was let go but was told by HR to apply for another jobs which I was never called for them. But they are in dire need for help. I was discriminated by safety department and nothing was done about it. Team leaders slam their workers in little team leader huddles which I witness in the office many times as they drank coffee. They even slammed other team leaders on different shifts. So pay , working environment is good. Work life needs improvement because you work 7 days a week. Training is horrible the lack of training matrix that has no accountability on the trainer. They have posted on their job description that you need PLC and a degree well some of the team leads don’t have that. Since they are friends with management they hold those positions. This is why I say you need to be part of their clic. So if you like drama this place is for you.

Pros

Money

Cons

Drama and Napoleon Campbells allows it

If you have no life and hate yourself but love money it is perfect

All in all the work itself wasn’t bad, but you have no insurance till they feel like hiring you even though you’ll be working at least 70-80 hours a week. They’ll force you to stay for 12 hours and come in early for a twelve the next day leaving some people with less then 3 hours of sleep. Everybody is rude. They treat the employees like disposable property. And get away with shady stuff like not doing a shutdown once a once for the epa making everybody work. I do not recommend this to my worst enemy but if you need the money they pay really well just kiss your sanity and freedom goodbye cause they own you.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Everything else

Your just a number.

This place is AWFUL. The only reason people stay is cuase the pay is nice. But get ready to work 7 days a week for literally years to no end. Worst supervision and hr department ever. They dont care for their employees what so ever.

Pros

If you hate your family youll never see them.

Cons

Steals your soul

No days off

Seven days a week/ DRAMA/ union. Employees feel entitled to breaks and put them above work priorities. Little to zero training, have no say in shift preference or location.

That this company only cares about company issues and not employee issues

Good pay people are shady management is bias long drive from Toledo twelve hour days some weeks are seven days a week the pay makes it worth it as long as you can handle long work days

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Long days and weekends with no time off

Salary position, managers take advantage with long days and weekends Unpaid overtime Dealing with felons Union Human Resources Management support

Aweful place to work.

This place is a joke. I spent way to many years being miserable working at Campbell soup!! To the young people get out now do whatever u can to get out. Look for something that makes u feel good about yourself not that place where u are just a number and management will mock you make fun of u. Set u up for failure. Act like they are better than you treat u like garbage

Good job poor work life balance

This is a good job but the work life balance is varry poor 7 days a week few 12hr days management is always on the fence. But mostly a very poor work life balance that makes it feel like work is life

Good pay

Good pay no family life. Two tiered system that favors permanent employees. Management is poorly ran and treat employees with little or no respect. Would not recommend

Shady Co-Workers, Good Pay

There are plenty of bad characters in lower positions at Campbells, many people purchase fake urine to pass the drug test, the management is not the problem. The pay is dependant on your job and generally increases with difficulty. The Union at Campbells takes in anybody that works there.

nhbvhx xc

I have nothing really to say about campbells soup it was a job when I needed one. then it became must more then a job so then I left. its good for someone that likes factory work and mean ppl

Laid back and fun

Great place to work but very bad benefits as a seasonal. Very laid back job. Very easy and pays very well. Great environment and management. Long hours.

Dont come work for Campbell soup

Campbell Soup is not a place to work if you have a family. We have guys working over 70 hours a week. And when the business unit leader was asked about it the answer was it's not important. Management brushes harassment under the rug and encourages bullying if they don't like you. Stay away

Good place work

There is no set direction. We change the game plan too often. Working with some of my co-workers. Management has it's days. Culture is a big issue in our plant.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

Overall Company Culture

Corporate does well with equality of employees. The plants do not match what corporate supports. There is a "good old boy" atmosphere at the plants. When promoting individuals into higher up leadership positions it needs to be understood that while technical aptitude is very important, leadership skill requirements increase. I seen several times where leaders were promoted based on strong technical aptitude and the leadership abilities were poor. This type of situation makes it very hard for the employees directly reporting to the promoted individual leading them.

great fun place to work

A typical day depended on what department you were in as to what you would be doing, i learned all the jobs in quite a few departments, the hardest part was the hours, some weeks you do 12s some days they need you for 16s. Management is great! Best thing about the job is the discounts you get in the company store and all the great people you meet.

Pros

fun place to work

breaks are very good

long hours but the pay is good just need a better training program was rushed through it. and management needs to communicate better amongs theirselves

Pros

pay is good

Cons

ran like a boot camp

Campbell Soup Supply Company

Management got really bad for the 2017 season. The money is good. There is a lot of unneeded drama caused by "hired in" employees. The hours are long and stressful but the pay is worth it.

Cons

18-30-18 breaks.

not a nice place to work

Supervisors are rude, Human Resources is very unprofessional and rude, the managers there are fake. You work long hours no time off. They treat the seasonal help like you were slaves.

Pros

Cons

management