Camping World Employee Reviews

Camping World
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
My Time at Camping world Taught me how to interact with customers and how to identify Hot Buttons with Customers and co workers. Camping world also taught me the importance of maintaining communication with others.Camping World says they want you to focus on your family time as long as it does not interfere with the profitability of their Store.
Pros
Exciting industry
Cons
feast or famine, long hours
work
Dealership Accountant-Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 14, 2018
it is an experience that I will never forget. I enjoyed my work travel, but the management does not value their employees in a lot of areas. It is sad.
Great atmosphere and a large selection of inventoryca
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anthony, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Camping world is a happy place to work at. Everyone is a teamplayer and hardworking. The employees are very desicated. Customer service is very important.
Pros
We always get 40 hrs
Cons
No healthcare
Great Experiance
Camping World Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 12, 2018
Camping world was a great experience, Camping World was like one big family, taught me a lot about having communication skills, data entry, production of sales system, I really enjoyed the work I was doing and the environment there, learned so many new skills there, I learned leadership skills among many others, greatful for the experience
Pros
Free lunches, it was educational for me.
Cons
Not enough hours
Up's and Down's
E-Commerce Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Good atmosphere. Constantly switching regions, so commissions are up and down. They would rather higher from outside. You are one of the lucky ones if they give you a pat on the back.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Meeting the customers and seeing their pictures and hearing the stories about their trips. I enjoyed helping new campers find all the things for their trips.
Stressful hostile workplace
Rv Porter (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 6, 2018
Hard place to get a job done not very good management and even worse service staff sales department is excellent service department is a hard place to start a career and a very stressful and hostile day to day job
Not sure
Distribution specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 3, 2018
People were great team leads and supervisors we're awful if it had air conditioning it would be barrable but it doesn't gets extremely hot during the summer
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Supervisor made the job more difficult then it should of been
Terrible mormon undertones. Lies from the start.
RV Sales Associate, Camping World (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2018
Terrible mormon undertones. Lied to me during the interview promising 5,000 monthly easily. Which is impossible when you hardly see 2 people a day and the Tucson demographics are terrible for being approved for leisure items. Internet leads were always out of state garbage as well..
Pros
The salesman were all very good people.
Cons
Corporate treated Tucson like their headquarters in Salt Lake, huge mistake
No training, stressful, working on Sundays.
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNAugust 31, 2018
Worked at the Louisville, TN location. Loved the people I worked with, but no training whatsoever. The Service Manager threw you in the game without properly showing the procedures. Confusing paper-work trails and no communication between Service Advisors and Technicians. Poor poor management... I’m glad I left and went back into the industry I know.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Management, hours, pay
Lot traffic is slow
Salesmen (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 31, 2018
The market for RVs is terribly slow. There's too many sales employees and not enough customers. They layoff people closer to winter time. Management is always stressed out.
It was ok..long, hot days...
Repacker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYAugust 29, 2018
Only bad thing was they work u 10 hours a day the first couple days of the week, then take the overtime away at the end of the week. One manager was nice, another wouldn't give u water if you were on fire...
Fun alternative to the car business!
Internet Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2018
If you have been successful in sales in the current era of Facebook and online sales sites, this is a great and easy job. Meaning you make the best money by bringing customers to the store through social media as well as taking advantage of the walk-in, phone and lead traffic.

If you are the type that needs 20 customers to sell one person, you will fail. Basically, if you have a work ethic and are willing to learn, it's a great place to work!

Customers interested in trailers are so much more fun than the typical car customer who just needs transportation.
Pros
Great benefits and great hours compared to the car business!
Cons
You will break a sweat selling campers in the summer!
Very Nice Place To Work!
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2018
Very nice place to work. Brand new facility and the best prices in the market. Lots of opportunity here. Great staff and managers. Great customer service.
Pros
Traffic
Cons
Not open on Sundays
Terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coldwater MIAugust 24, 2018
Management was terrible didn’t care about the employees what so ever. So glad I left! Would get screamed and yelled at if you didn’t get enough memberships! Not an enjoyable work envoirment.
Pros
Pay
Working at Camping World as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
Working at Camping World was horrible. The managers did not care about the Sales Associates, only themselves. The GM is a arrogant, child like man that has no business being a manager. I guess thats why he's worked at every RV dealership in the area.

Upper management does not care about any of their employees but themselves. Do not care if you have families and a life outside of that h--- hole. They will work you into the ground and not think twice about it.
Cons
Strong company with fair family values.
Collision Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 20, 2018
I would have never left if not for poor untrained direct managment. Company is solid as a whole and would return given management changes. Over all my experience with Camping world and the direct as well as the upper management have been pleasant. In part the company is for better or worse a good place to be employed.
Pros
Good benefits, ease of transfer to another location. family orientated
Cons
Low pay, slow advancement and poor management selection.
Needs Work
Retail General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJAugust 16, 2018
The dealership side is over paid and the retail side is underpaid. No accountability for poor customer experience that is detrimental to the business
Pros
home by 7pm
Cons
Too many companies merged together with leadership that doesn't know both sides of the business.
productive work place
RV Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 15, 2018
I loved my job at camping world great people and great service very competitive workplace and experience in the rv industry I would definitely recommend or return to work for camping world
Pros
benefits and opportunities
A good work place
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers flAugust 9, 2018
Camping world was a good place to work at we had nice people around really friendly and that’s what we like. The people we work around keep you going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World. Our community is ready to answer.