Camping World Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time here. The people on the sales floor were great to work with.
Business Development Segment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 8, 2018
Camping World is a fine company to work for. I love how involved they are in the communities they are in. Public service is a commitment this company is very serious about and I absolutely respect that from any company.
Commissions vary per deal and as a sales associate their is no base salary which is standard within this industry.
They always provided on site catering on Saturdays or gave managers and team member to grill out during the summer as a promotion for prospective clients and employees as well.
I absolutely enjoyed my time with this company and met some wonderful people while working there.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, great training sessions from industry leaders. Great management staff.
Cons
Short breaks, some strife on the sales floor but mostly because sales people are very competitive.
Fun alternative to the car business!
Internet Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2018
If you have been successful in sales in the current era of Facebook and online sales sites, this is a great and easy job. Meaning you make the best money by bringing customers to the store through social media as well as taking advantage of the walk-in, phone and lead traffic.

If you are the type that needs 20 customers to sell one person, you will fail. Basically, if you have a work ethic and are willing to learn, it's a great place to work!

Customers interested in trailers are so much more fun than the typical car customer who just needs transportation.
Pros
Great benefits and great hours compared to the car business!
Cons
You will break a sweat selling campers in the summer!
Strong company with fair family values.
Collision Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 20, 2018
I would have never left if not for poor untrained direct managment. Company is solid as a whole and would return given management changes. Over all my experience with Camping world and the direct as well as the upper management have been pleasant. In part the company is for better or worse a good place to be employed.
Pros
Good benefits, ease of transfer to another location. family orientated
Cons
Low pay, slow advancement and poor management selection.
Understanding management and Works with your hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood IndianaNovember 16, 2018
Good benefits for full time employees, comfortable work place, good discounts, friendly customers and coworkers, decent management, everything always looks organized and clean.
Pros
Long lunches, good training, friendly people, benefits
Cons
Not many hours during winter
Fun place to work
BDC Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 12, 2018
If you are willing to put in the effort to do the training and be a team player. You will be very happy here. We receive amazing benefits and excellent compensation. It's hard work and long hours but fun and worth it when you make your customers happy.
Constantly Lowered Pay Plans
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  lower alabamaMay 14, 2018
On a commission job you should be able to give yourself a raise by selling more of their products. With Camping world they are constantly lowering you percentage of commission percentage and selling products at virtual cost. What used to be a $150,000 a year job went to less than $80,000 while sometimes making Camping World twice as much money. They care nothing about their employees do not be fooled by the public relations spin they have. They also have the worst Customer Service for the Service Departments of anyone in the industry if you need proof look at their google rating at each location.
Don't Do It
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLMay 31, 2018
Management is horrible .Sales commission is ever changing and it only goes down never up under the new pay plan you'll be making tops 11 an hour after you hash it all out with extremely long hours every week .Benefits are terrible .Not in the click then forget it ! Nasty trashy lots and coaches .Used units are all beat to death and they do not check them out before selling even new units had major issues .Its a revolving door in sales
Pros
Good sales people
Cons
Take your pick -Horrible company
Bad leadership
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 15, 2018
The work was good. Busy, kept the day going. The staff was nice, but the senior management was horrible. Didn't care a thing about safety and was always talking about other leaders behind their back.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad leadership
productive work place
RV Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 15, 2018
I loved my job at camping world great people and great service very competitive workplace and experience in the rv industry I would definitely recommend or return to work for camping world
Pros
benefits and opportunities
Loved the co-workers
Rv detailer (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 19, 2018
Shop manager and detail manager are awful!! I felt like I was treated very unfairly. I was constantly singled out!! Discriminated against because of my age. And it got to bad to handle!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
I love the job
Parts and product specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 12, 2018
They don't give raises. I've picked up many responsibilities, but never got an increase in pay for them. The insurance is waaaay too expensive. Other than that I love my job.
Dont work here
Te h (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 2, 2018
This place sucks, once you go to flat rate you have to work 8 hours.just.to get paid for 3. All warranty work, no parts and 10 minute jobs end up taking an hour and you only get paid for 10 minutes. Horrible place, management.is never wrong and they dont care about anything but pushing units.over the curb, even to a point of lyingto customers.
Benefits
Cons
Almost everything else
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 26, 2018
This company is a striving corporation that has many great opportunities and great benefits. The staff is more like a second family rather than a place of employment.
Pros
Sales team bar b ques for customers.
Cons
Everything is expensive.
Good benefits, horrible pay structure
RV Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2018
Although Camping World has very good benefits. As a flat rate commissioned technician the pay is very inconsistent and undependable. The management only cares about the numbers in the computer not what your pay check is. They say our numbers are up but our pay checks keep going down. They throw a BBQ and say thanks for the hard work and think that's going to our bills. The management doesn't care about the guy that's doing all the work as long as the numbers stay up. Stay away!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 14, 2018
This is an awesome place to work. You can learn a lot about Campers/RV workings, parts and maintenance. Great benefits, paid vacation time, 401k , paid personal time off, ect..
high turnover and low sales volume
RV Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLAugust 5, 2018
worked more than 60 hours per week minimal compensation, no sense of team work, constant petty fighting among staff and upper management, minimal training and poor schedule
Busy and confusing environment
Walkthrough Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 4, 2018
Good place to work if you’re okay with working long hours, decent starting out pay as well. High pressure sales and miscommunication are the norm at camping world.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Long hours, poor communication, management
Camping world
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
A lot of stress and not much support. Feels like a corporate company where your just a number and its nearly impossible to get a raise. They want 110% out of you but when you ask for something from them good luck.....
5 reasons why you shouldn’t work for this company/location.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 2, 2018
I’m not sure where to start, 1. They will offer you a low base salary or commision, which you will never see. 2. They have priced themselves out of contention with other local dealers. 3. As a service advisor you are not supposed to speak to techs (none of whom are certified) there is a “liaison” that goes between techs/advisors, so you better hope you get good info.
4. The work environment is like the 7th grade. 5. The sales staff (from mgmt down) is completely unknowledgable about their products and rather than ask for the correct answer they will just lie to the customer, so you will get customers with completely unrealistic expectations and their first words are “well my salesman said...”. This company/location sets their employees up to fail!
Pros
You don’t have to do much due to lack of customers.
Cons
Pretty much everything about this job
Great job until poor management took over
Porter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 12, 2018
I worked as a porter for columbia mo for almost a year. Management changed a bunch of stuff and wouldn't listen to their employees, even suspended me after forcing me to break a safety rule. I left, and they begged me to come back. Told me that they would give me a raise and change everything that I had a problem with. The first day back was great. The second, everything went back to normal, then I was yelled at for speaking up about rules again since I refused to break them. I walked out, and I am still waiting for my check after 4 months.
If you are interested in a tech job, look elsewhere. Free Diag work, then half the time customers take their rv across the highway for repairs since they charge half of what camping world does

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight