Camping World Employee Reviews

Fun job with great people
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Was a really fun job seeing a lot of different campers and other types of Rv’s. Very busy days there always something to do which was nice. Nice place to buy a rv
Pros
Overtime was always nice
Cons
Short lunch and little breaks
Cool people terrible management
RV Service Shop Foreman &Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 13, 2019
They hired service manager back for a third time after being fired 3 times for aiding in runnin the place into the ground, every couple years they shake the place up gets better then worse again
Technicians with the company longer got priority over newer technicians, time was not paid for writing up repair orders
RV Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Starting as an Hourly technician at Camping World, pay was good and as long as you showed up when you’re scheduled and got work done you’d have a check worth what you did during that pay period. Moving to Flag rate, however, showed how the company gave higher paid and more experienced techs majority of the work, leaving little for newer flag rate techs, causing me personally to sit around with unpaid hours waiting for a new repair order or anything that’d be flagged to me. Warranty work is where anyone coming into Camping World should be worried as manufacturers do not like to pay much time for repairs, no matter how detailed the photos or write up is. I personally observed technicians breaking additional parts or making it look like parts were faulty to gain hours with no to little work actually involved. Do not work for this company unless your life actually depends on it
Pros
Show up whenever
Cons
Terrible management, warranty, bad environment
Worse place I ever worked
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Make empty promises. Can’t keep anyone working there high turnover and working for that corporation sucks. STAY FAR AWAY. This place sucks I would never work for a company that treats there employees like they do
Pros
Cons
The whole place is a con
Great employees, quick pace atmosphere
Oxford Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALFebruary 7, 2019
As the operations manager, I would oversee the day-to-day functions of the work shop, plan production, address issues and resolve those with team members
Lame excuse for management
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNFebruary 3, 2019
Was "mock-fired" because I didn't say they're verbiage verbatim. Then when I said alright fine, manager pulled me in and asked me to stay. Never gives praise, only criticism. I was hired on with 6 other people. All but 1 has left for a different career. I enjoy sales but this is a very hostile and competitive atmosphere. Favorites get the hot leads of course.
Pros
Sundaly lunch
Cons
No breaks, played favorites, poor management
Relaxed environment with professionals
Marketing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJanuary 31, 2019
A typical day at work marketing for camping world was taking pictures of RV's and posting the pictures online for customers to see. I would help tidy up the RV's and make them look ready to be shown to customers.
repair tech
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 30, 2019
hard demanding work flow, work well with others, did a lot of preventive maintenance .with little or no supervision. got paid time off and holiday pay.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
not enough hours or pay
Down to earth and understanding management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 29, 2019
I only see one aspect of Camping World as the receptionist. All departments are busy, with Service being the most congested. There are no raises, only promotions.
Pros
benefits even as a part time employee
Cons
no raises
If you're a great worker that wants to be taken for granted this is for you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2019
No promotion even when goals are surpassed every month for years
Upper management allowed to treat employees unfairly and disrespectful
Sexist work environment

Want to know more about Camping World?

Ask a question
Overall Decent Needs More Focus
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 28, 2019
CW is working through challenges, but being proactive and going in the right direction. I think there needs to be more hands on leadership on the core business. Often times the leader seems more focused on other ventures than CW.
Ever since it went Publicly traded is horrible place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Managers don't have a clue what they are doing. Tech's stand around for hours waiting for units to work on. The tech gets paid less time than it takes to do most jobs. Find someplace else to work.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
Parts Runner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2019
It can be stressful and cut throat. There is a lot that goes into the job. RV knowledge is a huge us to have. Depending on your location, great place to work.
Pros
Discounts friendly people
Cons
No raises. Some rude people. No advancement really.
Avoid at all costs!
BDC Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJanuary 24, 2019
Spent a year and a half getting promised advancement and first thing that happened when I mentioned it, “irts better we part ways”. #1 in the region to no job. They are not looking for success, they are looking for someone to talk football with and if you don’t fit that mold, they show you the door. Watched 3 different people leave due to the fact management just didn’t want them around. Successful or not, at any time you can be let go. But don’t do your job and you are safe. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Advancement, people, management
Manager was below even poor
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Very hostile workplace. Unwilling to allow you to use your accrues time off. No set schedule, I went in at 7:45am and sometimes didn’t get to leave until 9:00 PM.
Pros
The retail side was a good place yo work, sales was not
Cons
Stress level, poor management, hostile environment
Exciting thrilling adventure
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 23, 2019
I personally loved Camping World, sure it could be difficult at first if your new to the job but if your skilled like I am it’s a breeze , I always took the time to train or give assistance to new employees, Sometimes people mis judged Camping World it’s a Corporation and they have rules to follow once again personally it’s what you put into reflects how you can adapt to the environment around you it’s is a competitive work site surrounding you at the complete time you just got to jump in and prove to yourself that this is a peace of cake (easygoing) atmosphere
Pros
Lifetime membership with Good Sam Club
Cons
Get along it’s easy
Great Team, Benefits Lacking
Managment (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 22, 2019
The team is great.

Benefits are expensive, and the only place I have ever worked where you pay different amounts for the same benefits, depending on salary.

Management does not follow public persona.
Pros
Great team and family atmosphere
Cons
Cost of Benefits
Would not recommend
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 21, 2019
This company will promise you the world and not deliver. Beware!!! They like to find high level automotive professionals that have a great track record.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper Management, Ceo
I Enjoyed It
Product Specialist/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 21, 2019
My position was quite competitive (and often stressful), but the people were awesome and Family.

Constantly meeting new people (customers) who were either completely new to the RVing world, or mid- to old-timers and live-aboards. The experiences and stories heard and shared were amazing.
Unethical,Broken Promises
OEM Parts Coordinator, Receiver/Warranty Admin (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Management tells employees what they want to hear to keep them, but when time comes to act on promises they never deliver. Management falsify paper work and prematurely closes work orders to make numbers look good to upper management. Company only cares about whatever it takes to make their wallets fatter. Very dishonest to customers on a daily basis. No recognition for honest,reliable, hard workers. No training, always have to figure the job out for yourself.
Cons
Unethical company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight