Campus Apartments Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nothing to provide
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 31, 2018
Working for this company is stressful as results are demanded immediately upon hire. Not enough time is given for desired results and gauging the expectations of management is almost impossible.
Best of a worst case scenario
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 26, 2018
The corporate team is inept and unwilling to spend money on improvements to properties to keep relevant with fast paced market or even to keep up to code and ensure residents a safe, healthy home. Things happen at a glacier pace and you are required to do tasks that are pointless and menial. They do not care for their employees and advance the wrong team members that do not contribute to the betterment of the company.
Great First Professional Job
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2018
I started working for the company three years ago. The job has taught me how to be professional in the work place, how to properly send emails and how to follow up with prospects. I do feel that there is no opportunity for growth and the opportunities that are there the compensation is very little.
Fun workplace
Event Planner Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time at campus apartments. It’s a fun work environment and I learned a ton! Student housing isn’t easy but this job was fun. Loved planning the events.
Pros
Free lunches, fun events
Cons
Not enough hours
leasing agent
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 8, 2017
I worked as a leasing agent for two years at campus court student housing. Campus court is located at Western Michigan University's off-campus student housing. The complex provided apartments and townhouses for college students looking to experience off campus student housing.
If you work hard for them, they'll work hard for you.
Manager (Former Employee) –  DMV areaOctober 24, 2017
I truly enjoyed the anonymity of my role. However, what was even greater were all of the resources available to help me be great. There was never a time when doing the right thing was questioned.
Pros
Create your own legacy
Cons
Accounting can be a little clueless at times
Okay company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 6, 2017
I am underpaid, but over all it is a good solid company to work for. The benefits are good if you use them. The work environment is pleasant at time, but can be uncomfortable.
Good place to learn
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2017
Every day bring new challenges ..you learner every day some thing new. surrounded by a group of members of one team , the group that i work with, are simple to be around ,we help each other to do what is necessary to complete the different tasks the every day we assign to do .one of the thing that i love is the respect that each co worker have for each other like family..Campus Apartment provide a professional service to each resident . Every day you try to bring the best service .
Pros
Free lunches the first Friday of every month.
Cons
All weather services.
Long Hours, No Gratitude and Watch your Back
Broker of Record (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
This is a very cut throat company. They are all about money and management and treat the lower level employees as badly as they can. Overworked, underpaid, disorganized and unfair, discriminatory practices are all at play here. Stay away unless you are in upper management.
Cons
no one cares
Great college job!
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I had a great experience working with Campus Apartments. My head manager was incredible, however, our new leasing manager who came in was horrible and made me want to quit. We had 3 good leasing managers before her, then they offered me the position. I turned the position down to finish college, and they hired her. She didn't really know that much but they needed to fill the position.
Pros
Commission is great
Cons
Cons depend on managers
Not the best company to work for.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 31, 2017
Not mulch help and support from Corporate office. Not enough training and communication. Hard to get things done when you wait two - three weeks for answer or approvals. To many changes and not everyone benefit from it only upper management .
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
NO Growth and No raises!
Property Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2017
Micromanaged corporate office reflects on sites across country. Awesome benefits, PTO, holidays/ weekends off. Not much room for advancement. No one can seem to make decision. Upper management loves to point fingers around and not take responsibility for actions. Too much reporting, not enough time spent on property.
Great Place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
Campus is a great place to work. The company is growing at a phenomenal rate. There is plenty of room for advancement. They offer great health care plans and provide a free lunch on the first Friday of every month.
Pros
Free lunches on Friday, great 401K
Cons
Very busy & fast paced, especially during turn.
Working there was a nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
I worked as a maintenance technician and plumbing and electric. The co-workers were good to work with, the manager was nice, and the everyone was always nice to me.
Pros
I got an hour for lunch
Cons
I wanted to make more money
Productive and room for advancement.
National Leasing/Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
Campus Apartments is a great company with room to grow in the leasing and marketing field. I would recommend anyone to work for them if you are interested in learning about property management. There is also the ability to relocate because the company has properties all throughout the United States.
Great work inviroment
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 13, 2017
Campus Apartments is a great place to work. They have good policies in place and go the extra mile in training their employees! Health insurance is very good, and they give bonuses also.
Pros
Campus Apartments strives to make work fun
Cons
Not a whole lot of room for advancement for maintenance
it was a grate work place showed me alot
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19104February 9, 2017
What i learned was how to change a switch and cover. The most enjoyable parts of the job was working as a team. The hardest part was learning something new or put on the spot
Pros
Free lunch every month
Cons
Healthcare
Terrible Management, shady sales person, even worse customers
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
A lot of busy work which I don't mind but dealing with the most obnoxious college kids. Management loves drama and whispering about each other. Easy job overall if you can put up with people.
Pros
Free Food, Stay busy, easy work
Cons
bad management, terrible customers
A great place to work.
Facilities (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 18, 2016
I have been with the Campus family for over 2 years. I have been in the business for many year's and this is the best company by far I have been employed with. They are big in training thier employee's so they can promote from within. They have been in Student Housing longer than anyone in the industry. The benefit's package cannot be matched by anyone in the industry. They simply take care of their employee's.
Pros
Advancement, Paid Benefits, Training
Campus Apartments
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 27, 2016
It was a great experience to help start me off in sales. You have to be able to multitask. Also learn how to work in a stressful work environment. You have to get 5 leases a week which could be challenging at times. The thing I liked most is it helped you learn how to work in a office environment.
Pros
helped you become a multitasker
Cons
Cant leave until your done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campus Apartments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight