CAMPUS DEN Employee Reviews

Bad management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 29, 2019
This manager of this company does not care about you. We had a misunderstanding about compensation. Once I tried to have a conversation with management over it he had decided that it wasn't worth the conversation and let me go.
Pros
20% off.
Cons
Management doesn't care about you.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 30, 2019
Very chill place to work. Boring on days but the coworkers make the day. Management is great. If you're not a person who is self sufficient then campus den is not the job for you.
Pros
Chill and laidback
Cons
Boring
Bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 26, 2019
Nobody is the whole company knows what they’re doing. Literally anyone can be management there, you just have to know someone. Corporate is just a bunch of dudes who hired their friends. They let random people run their stores with absolutely no training and then get mad at them when something isn’t done right.
Not to mention the store managers are not good people, who treat their staff horribly and only care about themselves.
It’s a dying company, they’ve closed so many of their stores without giving their workers any notice.
0/10 would NOT recommend.
Cons
nice place to work and very easy to handle work and school
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 25, 2019
Worked there for four years while going to school it was very flexible with hours and made it easy to do well in school. I enjoyed working there and made lots of friends
horrible management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 23, 2019
Campus den would be a fun and welcoming environment to work in if it wasn't for the poor management. Saginaw's store manager, now the area manager, was the worst boss I have ever had. She was disrespectful to her staff and customers, would use profanity towards her employees daily, and had no regard for her staff's health. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
It was honestly a horrible place to,work and the people arnt nice
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIDecember 3, 2018
It was a horrible experience I would never recommend this place to anyone the management was a joke there is never pay raises. People I seen been there 10 years still making minimum wage. The only time you get a raise is when minimum wage goes up.
Negative, poorly managed company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 19, 2018
The management in this company is lacking organization and the training is minimal. It is a very negative environment. When problems came up no one knew how to handle it due to a lack of training.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, poor training
Not Worth It
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 21, 2018
With working there as an Assistant Store Manager the training was terrible and unconventional. Store Manager lacks personality and drive to make the store more successful. Yes this is a mall job but with checking things out the pay and hours do not suit anyone trying to work there to pay their bills.

There is no attendance policy so if you like to call off or show up late a lot this is the job for you. There was multiple shifts where it would be dead and breaks would be scheduled and none given. The managers that they choose do not have the organization skills to be running a store.
Pros
30% discount on over priced items, awesome district manager
Cons
no breaks, terrible pay
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, MISeptember 19, 2018
Fun work environment but I saw no room for advancement and it was very unstructured but I appreciated my bosses they always considered my needs such as my time off
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Campus Den
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIAugust 27, 2018
Campus Den is so unorganized and very rude to their employees. If you make a mistake your head will get chewed off by the district/area managers. They give you no time for your family and they make you work a ridiculous amount of hours.
Campus Den
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 22, 2018
The management is terrible. It is an okay place to work if you have good co workers. Other then that I would not suggest working there, it just was not the job for me.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Good hours, slow paced work environment, terrible management.
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 10, 2018
Great with scheduling and giving hours but that’s about the only positive. Management was very unprofessional and corporate did not care. The company was very inconsiderate about employee wants and needs. Expected a lot of employees with bare minimum pay and no appreciation.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Poor Management
Great company
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 7, 2018
Campus Den is a great company to work for! They are flexible and relaxed. They go to the UofM games and set up 3 different tents (for sales) and that is when they really shine! It's very fast paced and extremely friendly!
Average place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian MallApril 4, 2018
Work was pretty slow , but enjoyable. I enjoyed working with other people and during holidays the store got fairly busy so we always had things to do. On slow days it was very slow though like most summer days.
Pros
Co-wrokers
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 5, 2018
No Breaks
Poory Management
Rude people
We had to follow "bad" people around who our manager thought was going to shoplift items from us
Bad pay
Not worth your time
0 hours..
Easy paced work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed most my time there, was fairly slow paced and more intuitive with computer work. Many of the employees were reliable and very hard working, higher up management as fairly organized and knew what they were doing.
Nice part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I worked with and for very respectful and understanding people. There was rarely any drama and the work is very easy. You can be promoted to a key holder which also means you have more responsibility. If I worked with different people my experience could have been entirely different. Customers could be very rude and during the holidays it would become so busy that it would get very chaotic but with a team like mine, we always pulled through and made the best of it. Nobody likes being away from family or having to work weekends but it was pretty relaxed if you weren't under staffed. If you enjoy people, folding and organizing clothes, running registers, and can work well under pressure.. this is probably a good job for you. Nights and weekends are huge so don't expect those off.
Pros
Discounts, social environment, shorter hours
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities, working weekends.
Unorganized, greedy, lazy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 17, 2017
Poor communication with corporate
Low pay
Never get your 90 day raise
Low expectations
Can't afford to keep up with other companies salaries
Overall it's one of the worst retail places to manage
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No benefits, Very low pay
campus den
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Morris, MIApril 16, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. There was no opportunity to improve or to move up in the company, no opportunity to learn new tasks, and no potential for a wage increase.
Nice Place
Sales Associate/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 30, 2017
Its a nice, fun, upbeat college store. I started there in 2014, I loved it when I first started. However, life happened and the management changed the managers so the environment became completely different. I adjusted but he wanted a whole new staff that he could mold them to his ways.
Pros
Get free stuff depending on sales