Canada Goose Employee Reviews

Great Team Experience!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 7, 2019
Very friendly sales and operations staff at the Short Hills location. The managers like to micro-manage too often. There appeared to be too many assistant managers hired. You have to lead by example. The scheduling and work-life balance is lacking. The seasonal employees need better incentive benefits and are just used to drive the store's numbers. For an example, at the end of each month, if the store meets goal the entire team receives a bonus except the seasonal employees. Some of the top sellers are seasonal. High sales numbers are considered not important even though it's difficult to accomplish. Canada Goose thrives off of UPT (units per transaction) instead of gross sales. I enjoyed the diverse group of clients and their stories. Learning the client's journey and connecting is very interesting. It's good to know the store experience comes first which we enhance for each client. The most difficult part of the job is averaging near a 2.0 UPT. The corporate buyers didn't execute allocating the store the accurate fulfillment of product because their market projections were off. This would make things difficult for the staff to sell from a lacking inventory. Our Brand Ambassadors would have to become more creative by offering suggestive selling, which sometimes led to returns.
Pros
Free Lunches and friendly floor staff
Cons
Lacking benefits for Seasonal Employees
Never again
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 14, 2018
Management will ride you and micro manage making it extremely uncomfortable. Long hours and are forced to stay to make sure the never ending work load they give you is completed. I had no ide show the product was made until I saw online. When I would bring it up in the office they all joked and said who cares we’re humans we at the top of the food chain??? I couldnt Work in a office that lacks compassion it’s not wonder they treat their employees poorly
Pros
Food on Fridays
Cons
No support no compassion heartless company
Great coworker
Full Time Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
Lack of communication, management are not attentive. Laid off 9 people in one day including GM, which makes it hard for everyone to work. Management are not skillful in retails.
Pros
Bagel every friday or saturday cereal day, great events, and great colaberation
Cons
lack of communication, poor management, lack of career advantage
Friendly people with an entertaining purpose
Goose Wrangler (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, MNAugust 6, 2017
On a usual day, I would wake up at 5am and head to work at 5:30. We would arrive at the headquarters, be given walkie talkies and load into trucks. We would then drive out to our requested spot, have a word with the owner, and set up the trap on their lawn. If the geese were in the water, we would have a few of our members hop into kayaks and try to drive the geese up on shore. Meanwhile, the rest of us would continue to work on setting up the trap. When we gave the 'all clear' to the boys in kayaks, they would then drive the geese into the trap while the rest of us stood outside the trap to make sure none of them escaped. Then the boys would get out of the kayaks and slowly walk the geese back into the net and cage and close the door. We would quickly undo the trap and one person would go into the netted cage to grab the geese and hand them to the others. One by one, we empty the geese of the cage and into crates on the truck. After all of them are in the crates, we take down the trap completely, and go find the owner for our payment for goose extraction. After the day is all done, we return to headquarters, and let the geese out of the crates into a bigger pen.
The only things I really learned from the job is for one, don't get in a goose's face because they hiss. I also learned the aspect of teamwork and how important communication can be.
Pros
Great people, free entertainment
Cons
Geese are mean