CANADIAN EMBASSY Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work but pay is very poor.
Protocol Coordinator - Defence Liaison Staff (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 26, 2018
Protocol Coordinator - Canadian Defence Liaison Staff
Salary $57,827
This salary is a joke in the Washington DC area. An equivalent level job in the US government would be about $178,000. The only people who could afford this job would be the spouse of a high ranking Embassy employee or General officer class military.
The Embassy advertises a competitive salary but it is not. The Canadian Embassy is well known as an excellent employer regarding benefits and working conditions.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Terrible pay.
Cool
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOAugust 14, 2017
The Canadian Embassy pays very well for temporary jobs, it is very relaxed and it is very easy to represent them in Educational Fairs, I strongly recommend to work for them, the perks are awesome.
Telecommunications Attache.
Telecommunications Attaché (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2015
I Traveled around the world troubleshooting problems for the Canadian Embassies. A fantastic experience. I traveled to Syrian during the Gulf WAR of 1991, and Sarayevo in 1995. I travelled with Prime Minister Chretien as his Telecommunications adviser. It was a tremendous job. I truly love travelling.
Pros
Incredible Department
Cons
Sometimes I went into war zones, but it was an experience.
Energetic Work Environment
Part Time Event Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
The different events you work is what makes the job more interesting. The people you work with differ per event but it is primarily the same people and you get to really enjoy them.