Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 4,427 reviews
great workplace
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  310s- Automotive service TechnicianJune 17, 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to arrive at work daily, knowing that the people I work with are great people and make the day easier. I was able to learn a lot in my years of employment that I can now take and apply to other jobs.
Part time job for high school
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 22, 2019
I enjoy working on cars and all things related. I was able to learn a great amount by working at the parts desk. I enjoyed the job and was able to work well with my managers
Pros
Work with parts and automotive accessories
Cons
Part time pay
Auto Service Advisor/Parts (Former Employee) –  AlbertaApril 3, 2019
Management is absolutely terribly at Canadian tire 637. They expect people to work like brain dead slaves and make them the upper management as rich as possible while the hard working workers get zero incentives.
Pros
Cons
too many to list in detail
They hired someone certified to lower my pay
Bicycle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 2, 2019
Did not know that fixing bicycles is certified job figured if the guy got a red seal for taking a pedals off he would be working with engines. I have learned that certifications do matter.
Pros
Good mechanic shop
Cons
Management goes over employees to make pay decision
Garage Technician
Garage Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NLMarch 21, 2019
Worked with canadian tire as a technician for tires and oil during my final year of highscool.

Being in the garage was a fun experience and I enjoy working with my hands.
job place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2019
good place to work ati would recommend to start up ypur career with this great company and it has a lot to offer you as a employee
i better suggest you to go there and grow within the corporation
Experience as management
Sales Associate /supervisor/Canada Post associate (Former Employee) –  2681 danforthDecember 27, 2018
You have learnt a lot from them . it’s a good place to start as a new immigrant a lot to learn and prepare you for other jobs you want
Go for ito would say to anyone
Pros
Friendly co workers Manage your availabilities
Cons
Poor management
Lots of turnover
Automotive Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 1, 2018
Was a good place to start my apprenticeship. They started me off with a basic tool set , taking small amounts off my pay cheque to pay it back so it was magagable. Starting you off breaking down tires, mounting and balancing , oil changes, bulb replacements and basic inspections . The benefits are terrible and getting 2 fillings a yr would max it out.. no eye coverage. Canadian tire works off seniority and the best jobs are given to the techs that have been there the longest they pick and choose what they want to work on and the left overs are given to the newest employee'd . You have to pay to go to your own xmas party . No positive feedback was ever given.
Pros
$25 hr guarantee
Cons
Stressful environment
Busy work environment
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBOctober 12, 2018
Many different departments to choose friendly people busy work environment nice managers lots of customer interaction lots to learn about different products
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun
Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ALSeptember 12, 2018
awesome first job for anyone that is young and pursuing an after school job. they treat staff well and make sure that you are well trained in your department
Enjoyable workplace
Automotive Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 1, 2018
It was fun working in the shop at Canadian Tire but, it was for CO-OP in grade twelve so I did not get to fully understand the workplace. I was there for half of each day working away and it was a great experience, I learned alot there that will help with my next job.
Productive workplace
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaAugust 21, 2018
- The management team is very nice and nice to work with
- Hardest part of the job was nothing, i am happy i got to learn their ways of closing cash registers, which all cash registers are different then other retails
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No Cons
Beste Arbeitsort
Verkaufsmitarbeiter (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 30, 2018
Gute Firm Für Erfahrung sammeln im verkauf

Professionalität
Hated It
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJuly 25, 2018
I will not miss working at Canadian Tire. I really was tested by the managers to see how far I would go until I snapped. The "store manager" really had it out for me and wanted me gone. It is not a great working environment as I never felt secure enough to work in that environment.
funny place to work at times. Tire season is very stressful
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJune 28, 2018
They are supportive with health issues and help you recover if you hurt yourself at work. There is favoritism from the management. Excellent profit sharing program.
Pros
staff discount and training
Cons
wages sucks
Great People but stressful
Category Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 4, 2018
-Stressful environment
-Great place to learn
-Good support if make good connections
-hard to advance to next role
-very competitive
-great communication from senior management, with a great vision
Not a great place for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 22, 2018
Each store is individually owned, but speaking on behalf of my location, I truly had an awful experience.

I worked part time in high school, yet was consistently given far too many hours per week. On a two week schedule, I would work 12 hours one week, and 27 the next. I had told my managers that I needed less hours so I could focus on sports and schoolwork, but I did not receive any less shifts. The general manager (as well as the owner of the store) was not interested in hiring more people, even though we were in desperate need.

On top of the fact that I was given far too many hours per week, every single shift worked was spent running back and forth between customers and tasks. We were consistently understaffed, yet we were expected to complete all tasks assigned and help every single customer.

When issues like being understaffed and overworked were brought up to managers, they were pushed aside. The general manager and the owner never stepped foot onto the sales floor, which resulted in a complete lack of empathy for sales staff.

Overall, being overworked was not the reason why I ended up quitting. There was an instance where a customer had gotten really angry over an incident in the store. This customer ended up taking her frustration out on me (swearing, screaming, and threatening me). I was only 17 at the time. My manager stood by and watched the entire thing happen without stepping in. I thought this was a normal thing, for managers to let you get reamed out by customers. After getting a new job, I realized that is truly not the case. Managers should step
  more... in when issues about the store are at hand, instead of letting minors get threatened.

Overall, the management at the location that I worked at was the reason why I left.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Very poor management
enjoyed my job in parts dept
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONMarch 15, 2018
enjoyed my job at Canadian tire in the parts dept. in the Arnprior store. it was almost always busy and something to do so the time passed quickly. I enjoy assisting customers with their purchases and helping them to make informed decisions about the car parts they were buying. Enjoyed most of the people I worked with and the other few were tolerable.
I have also worked as a technician in the shop at a couple of Canadian tire stores over the years in Renfrew and Kanata and I found them to be well equipped and had good training and good programs to keep you up to date.
The pay scale in the shop is also a flat rate by the job pay scale so it can also be fairly competitive. I also found it to be like any larger auto repair shop where there was a lot of loyalty in the shop among employees when it came to handing out the work and favouritism.
Pros
overall good atmosphere, Not too stressful
Cons
Hard to get full time, After two years in parts at Arnprior store was still listed as full time part time.
Well Managed
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 11, 2018
-Busy work days
-Steady hours
-Random work scheduled
-Good work atmosphere
-Friendly staff and managers
-Owner of the company cares about the staff...
Pros
Steady Hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Very welcoming
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickFebruary 26, 2018
Managers at Canadian Tire were very present and informative. Experienced workers were on-hand during the first few weeks to assist with any problems as well as answer any questions I had. Overall, Canadian Tire was a wonderful place to gain work experience.
Pros
Breaks were generous, food and drinks were supplied when workers were required to stay late to clean, managers and staff were always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K