Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Great place to work, passionate stakeholders and strong mission
VP, Sales, Patient Experience, and Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 23, 2019
CTCA was a great place to work. The stakeholders that work there are very passionate about CTCA's mission and values, which was very refreshing. Everyone worked very hard and collaboratively to help meet the needs of our patients and help the company succeed.
Pros
Passionate stakeholders, we truly made a difference in our patients' lives
Cons
Aggressive growth targets, constant change
We had a great team and this was one of best working experience that I’ve been employed. We worked hard but we had fun. And we made sure that our pati
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working at CTCA & hopefully I will be eligible for rehire. I know that I’m very capable with doing this job. I want to be able to work & help these patients as they have to go through their journey and treatment
Pros
Having the opportunity to help the patients through their journey
Cons
Sometimes I needed a heavier work load and wasn’t always busy enough
Once upon a time this was a great place to work
Senior Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 3, 2019
Many years a go and despite poor leadership this was a great place to work, It always very stressful and the job never ended but the pay was good and the co workers were amazing to be around for the most part, but management was greedy and they seemed to create projects to make themselves seem relevant which often created a lot of work. The clients made it worth it everyday!
Pros
Good Perks, Good money, Amazing clients
Cons
Poor Management
Mission-driven company
Director, External Affairs and Communications (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 27, 2018
When I joined CTCA, it was a mission-driven company, where every Stakeholder was committed to making the patient experience a positive one. The workplace culture was positive, balanced and inspiring.

Colleagues were smart, hard-working and collaborative.

Working there every day was a pleasure.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Maintaining benefits under health care industry pressures
Previously a good place to work
IS (Former Employee) –  Somewhere USADecember 8, 2018
I sadly watched the culture change to the point where it was no longer suited to a large number of stakeholders. Management is excessive compared to the stakeholder base, so one wonders why layoffs keep occurring. Frankly just not a fun place to work anymore. Would love to say management is interested in developing stakeholders, but they seem more interested in maintaining their positions than anything else. VP, Director, Manager, Supervisor - really for a 20 person department. No wonder the place is going broke.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Love it here
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 27, 2018
I love the culture here, coworkers are all great, and the patient's are even better. The only thing I am iffy about is that apparently CTCA has had a reputation of laying off people for the last few years. Thankfully I was not one of those people, but I do not exactly feel as "safe" as I did before. They let management go that have been here for YEARS and even get treated here, which does not really show me their values. Though I understand their reasoning was apparently "duplicate jobs," I still feel like it could have been handled a lot better. There have also been changes recently that do not seem to make sense at the moment, and even with patients being upset and inconvenienced I do not see it going back to the way it was better any time soon.
Cons
benefits are not the greatest
It's all about the numbers
Senior Medical Oncology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 20, 2018
Initially this was a great place to work. CTCA used to be a place where patients were front and center but unfortunately this is no longer the case. Now it's all about cutting costs and the bottom dollar. I understand that it's a business but chasing profit margins at employee and patient expense totally goes against what CTCA stood for just a few years ago.
Pros
Helping patients on a daily basis
Cons
All about the money
Somewhat hostile environment/micromanagers everywhere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 20, 2018
The only enjoyable part of work was seeing the patients happy. But as far as management and workers it could be a very hostile environment, management would talk down to employees and humiliate them at "alignment" meetings. Abusing their power and position. It is definitely ran in an unorthodox manner. Poor opportunity for advancement. If a complaint was filed nothing was ever done about it. It seemed the employees with bad attitudes and lazy work ethic were glorified by management while the others were ignored and unappreciated. I guess it all depends really on what department you work for.
Pros
Free lunch paid holidays beautiful facilities
Cons
Unorthodox management, favoritism little pay
Focused Work based on QUANTITY not Quality!
Account Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I LOVED this place the first few years I was here but over time the mass firings and hyperfocus on reimbursement rather than patients has worn me out.
Pros
The pay is great for the work I'm doing.
Cons
Yearly bonus has dwindled to almost nothing, focus is more on reimbursement rather than Mother Standard of Care as of late
Grerat Place to Work
Outpatient Clinic Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 5, 2018
This is an amazing place to work. You will get spoiled working here. Leaving to another place of business is very eyeopening. This is a family built organization so nepotism is to be expected. Most of the management are not truly qualified for their position but the company does try to promote from within. Regardless if you are admin or clinical you would do a lot worse so I would recommend getting a job here until you can really do better.
Productive and Inclusive Work Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILNovember 2, 2018
I worked about 10 hours a week as an intern under quality and risk management. Typically I would shadow my preceptor and talk through her daily tasks with her and help her work on them (such as going through paperwork and discuss quality/safety issues). My preceptor was the director of quality and risk management. She is extremely knowledgable and helped me gain valuable experience. The hardest part of the job was constantly keeping up with new events happening and learning to resolve them in a reasonable amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to keep quality, safety, and efficiency at the top of mind.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Fast Paced
CTCA was ran in a very old fashioned method. They were not up on computers and had poor training as well.
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO-TEMP (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2018
It seemed as they were very old school and a lot of the associates that I worked closely with did not even use computers. I prefer a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and has room for advancement.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Technology challenged in the office I worked in.
Fast paced
Health Information Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2018
• Gathered outside records and images as needed for current and returning patients
• Verified all necessary records were available for providers prior to patient appointments
• Researched, located, and retrieved missing outside provider records
• Sent records and images on disk to patients and providers per request
Great things for patients to use for healing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Was a great place to work in the beginning then things change when management change they paid well gave out great bonuses wonderful holiday parties free parking close to other stores food stores
Pros
Was a great place to work in the beginning
Cons
Don’t value staff
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 21, 2018
Wile I was employed there, it was a great place to work. Typical day was pulling the refill for Pyxis. Mixing chemo and cleaning at the end of the day.
Pros
MAny percs from the company
Cons
The Pharmacy director is to friendly with a couple of the techs. This allows for special treatment.
Culture is a lie
Hematology Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
The company does not recognize talent from within. They hire outside or promote friends who are not qualified. There is a culture of bullying and lateral violence that is tolerated.
Pros
free lunches fromvendors, good hours, close to home
Cons
Upper management is not trustworthy, bullying
Empowerment Facilitator Manager - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 23, 2019
Good People and good place to work. Very Customer focused. Strongly defined vision and mission. Believes in giving patients hope and then works to deliver that hope.
Pros
100% Foucsed on the patients
Cons
Slow to make course corrections that drive business
Nice place to work
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 10, 2018
I worked as a pharmacy technician in the retail pharmacy at the Cancer Treatment Center. It was in place to help the long term staying patients and their families to be able to get the medications. It was also open to the public for public pharmacy use.
Pros
9-5pm job, M-f
Cons
Needed a raise
Fast paced workplace, very demanding
PMO Project Director (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 15, 2018
Typical day would start at 6AM, focused on managing projects/programs. The best part of the day would be providing direct solutions to the patients (very rewarding).
Pros
Providing patient centric solutions, having an impact on patient care.
Cons
Short breaks and occasional long hours
Compassionate employees with amazing workplace culture
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 24, 2019
Wonderful place to work. Stakeholders are compassion, hard working and supportive of each other. The hospital sticks to its mission and vision and provides patient centered care.
Pros
workplace culture and amazing patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight