Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Loved this job! Taking care of Cancer patients
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2017
This job was one of my favorite. I loved taking care of my patients and meeting their family members. Often my patients would expire and I would take it hard, but then other patients would come to CTCA and I would have the chance to care for them also.
Pros
Great place to work, bonuses, great benefits
Cons
I worked under a poor manager
great people to work with and patients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133December 11, 2017
CTCA has great people working for them. Great benefits. At the time I was employeed there, the management in Radiation Oncology was awful They since are no longer employeed there.
Pros
good people
Cons
managment
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2017
Great benefits and great people work here. Everyone wants to help and the patients are treated extremely well. The pay is above average and there is almost no turnover in the security department.
Pros
No weekends, great hours
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILDecember 6, 2017
There was no thing as a work life balance working at CTCA. Management did not care about how you felt at the hospital. They choose what patient's to treat, and place nurses and physicians in unethical situations causing increased stressed during the work day.
Summary
None (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILNovember 8, 2017
Lots of change is happening in health care, especially for profit. Position was eliminated, along with about 200 others. I was in a great department, but there is a lot centralization of positions to the Florida corporate hq. Great time off and the pay was pretty good. Corporate seemed to be inept on many fronts.
Pros
time off, compensation
Cons
corporate, executives, unorganized management
The people you work with are great
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2017
This company is not for everyone, its very governed and if you aren't good with certain people there's no room for advancement. The management is not good and mot attentive to your needs. If you are swamped with work they offer no help at all but your fellow co-workers are great people to be around.
Uncertain future, great clinical staff, declining census, layoffs, uncomfortable culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2017
Working with patients was the best part of the job. Physicians and nurses collaborated well and were respectful, friendly and collegiate. The clinical staff was by and large competent, if not excellent. Patients were universally treated well. The relationship between nurses and patients was warm and caring. The job was very satisfying in that regard.

The relationship between staff and new management was poor though, and the culture became uncomfortable despite the camaraderie among the staff.

The patient census dropped sharply and there were several runs of layoffs and resignations. It did not feel like a stable place to work after a while.
Pros
flexible schedule, lovely campus, fantastic clinicians
Cons
relationship with management
Family friendly
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2017
Working for this company was the best work experience of my life. I would have never left but I had to leave due to a school schedule clashing. There is not enough great things to say about this company!
Pros
fun department activities
Cons
Dealing with losing patients
Caring
Services (Current Employee) –  ServicesOctober 24, 2017
Pros- Caring and friendly staff and teams. Clean hospital and grounds. Patient focused hospital.
Cons-promotions based on who you know. Not what you know.
Review of CTCA
Specialty Care Tech/ Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
As compared to other facilities the work load was far greater and had a far more vast job description but pay was not equivalent to the increased work load. The management was great but were often not honest about the current condition of the organization as a whole and hid layoffs until day of. The workplace culture was stressful but rewarding knowing we do the best for people.
Don't take this job as a contractor or temporary assignment! You will regret it!
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 17, 2017
Contractors are NOT hired after 90 days, as promised. No benefits or days off and the pay is unequal compared to what "stakeholders" receive. They use that they are contractors as an excuse to mistreat them. Do not take this job thinking that you'll get a foot in the door to a great company. They may be great, but only to their actual employees. To the rest, they are anything but. Be warned. Go to the website and apply, instead.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan GaOctober 3, 2017
Although I do enjoy working here, I am looking for a change in my career. Would like to pursue non-patient care field, such as clinical documentation specialist or medical review. I am seeking certification in clinical documentation specialist or concurrent review.
Temporary employee
Assistant Research Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 28, 2017
This review should not count as I was only a temporary employee with the CTCA. Management was excellent and the work was steady and balanced, the team work was great but i cannot speak for details such as benefits and advancement.
Pros
great team, great management
Cons
temporary n/a
CTCA Experience
Senior Program Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Cancer Treatment Centers of America delivers on its stated commitment to provide outstanding care to its patients. Likewise, CTCA does the same for its employees.
Pros
Work-Life balance; encouragement and activities for a healthy lifestyle
Cons
Constantly changing priorities - typical in many organizations
CHARGE CAPTURE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Zion, IllinoisSeptember 24, 2017
-Busy from start to end of shift
-Management was not as good when I left as when I started.
-The hardest part of the job was leaving all the people I formed long relationships with.
-The most enjoyable was meeting all the patients and working with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Trusting Raport
Infusion RN (Current Employee) –  Cancer Treatmetn Centers of AmericaSeptember 14, 2017
Administer chemotherapy, blood/blood products, hydration, and supplementation of electrolytes. Enjoy building trusting raport with patients and collaborating with physicians and collagues.
Pros
work life balance, patient care
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you do not care about Advancement/Growth.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NewnanSeptember 13, 2017
There are no opportunities for advancement for Medical Assistants. They will allow you on any committee to offer ideas for improvement, but you will never be qualified enough to work in other department. Also the Medical Assistant do the same work as RN/LPN and will not compensate appropriately. RN/LPN are under utilized.
Pros
Great for people that does not care about advancement.
Cons
Pay is not competitive, No room for growth, Job duties increase without pay, constant decrease in bonus.
Specialty Care in Unique Setting
ICU Special Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA Zion was an interesting place to work. The ICU was small, but busy, and most of my co-workers were incredibly dedicated to their jobs. Hardest part of the job was having shady management and a for profit company, best part was the patients :)
OR was a great place to work
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Midwestern Regional Medical CenterSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA tries very hard to create a work/life balance. The OR staff is a fun, energetic and very talented group of people. I worked there for over 4 years and over all it was a great experience.
Busy environment with great benefits
Laboratory Courier/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 7, 2017
CTCA has a great culture for excellent patient care and customer service. Stakeholders put the patient first and teamwork is good within departments and between departments. Stakeholders are encouraged to bring forth ideas and management is visible and listens to ideas.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Changes in healthcare marketplace have affected staffing levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.