Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

A great place to work
COOK/LEAD (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2018
I learned a lot from my chef, he pushed me in a stronger roll for the company. I had many opportunities to create different meals to help with patients needs and wants.
Great Place to Work
Biller (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 18, 2018
In every position that I had at CTCA, I felt appreciated. I really enjoyed my jobs and would go back in a heart beat if I ever move back up that way. I can honestly say that I miss it there.
Good hospital - great business
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 30, 2018
This organization does a great job of marketing itself and its brand. No matter where you are in the country, they are advertising themselves as the best cancer hospital around. They are an average cancer hospital with a fantastic business model. They may provide one patient the very best, expensive treatment provided that they survive and are willing to promote their business.

Other times, patients are run through this place like a factory and there is not much personalized attention provided to them or their family. The management likes to think very highly of themselves but does not provide the providers with enough resources to fully live up to their promises of optimal care.

Big thing - it's a business first. Most patients aren't accepted due to insurances or their current health status. Heaven forbid they accept all cancer patients and their finances and outcome statistics suffer... The stats look great because they hen peck who they allow in for treatment.
Excellent Culture
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 26, 2018
This an excellent company striving to care for patients as their primary focus. They hold their employees and the needs of the employee equally with patients and caregivers. Rare company for sure.
Pros
Open minded leadership
Change happens
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
This is an amazingly unique work experience. The patients, and coworkers are more like family here. As with anything and when time passes, things change.
Fun as well as fast paced environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJuly 30, 2018
Read important emails and get as much information from the previous dispatcher. Get well informed before making decisions., answer calls and resolves them, juggle with different software programs, schedule same day-runs as well as future runs, communicate with drivers, guide them and help resolve their issues when presented, make next day report and schedule drivers and vehicles.

I learned to manage time well.
I learned to operate Hudson.
I learned to schedule and run a report

Managmet is attentive and proffesional. I feel my opinion is acknowledge.

great work atmosphre.

The hardest part of my job is to find out one of our patients is not getting better.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to hear our patients are getting well.
Pros
help our patients on their fight against cancer.
Cons
To know when one of our patient is not getting better.
Not the best place in the world
Culinary Food Service (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJuly 28, 2018
My gross pay went from $33,000. To $23,345 a down fall. Rent goes up and pay goes down. And bosses do what they want to make me uncomfortable. They're never wrong. Even when people make mistakes. We get written up. And we're supposed to be perfect? I even have a boss who says That's not your job. So how do we grow and not help each other? That's not a right thing to say to those who want to be there for each other.
Excellent career choice
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
I met some of the best and most hard working people at CTCA, Everyone was professional and they genuinely cared for their patients as well as their staff.
Pros
free lunches, great experience builder
Cons
now i live too far
Admixture Pharmacy Technician
Admixture Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, IL 60099July 3, 2018
I am very thankful for the position that I had at the Cancer Center. I was able to learn so much more and have many opportunities to grow within my role. Management was not the greatest.
Productive and nice employers
Scribe/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 26, 2018
Everyone was friendly. The doctors were easy going. I enjoyed working there. However, the hardest part of the job was fitting in. I'm one of the younger employees, so it is understandable. Other than that, CTCA is genuine to provide the best treatments for their patients.
Bad Management
Floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 24, 2018
Management is absent in the units. The culture has changed over the years and most people are now worried about keeping their jobs more so than doing their jobs....
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Extremely long hours/undermanned
Best place to work!!
Registered Nurse - Outpatient Clinics (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 19, 2018
I still work for this awesome company and love what I do. Great co-workers and a very enjoyable work environment and one of the best work cultures I have ever worked in. There are challenges but there are with every job, but for me this is not just a job!!
Gain so much empathy working here.
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 14, 2018
Although the patients at this facility struggle with cancer, they are the most positive people you'll meet. They made working here so worth it. I appreciated the benefits and the environment.
Case Management
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 7, 2018
I loved the culture and the people I work with. I truly feel every employee are there to help the patients.

I was disappointed in the politics. I was disappointed position would be developed and staff only find out when they announced who was appointed to that position
Pros
Wonderful Mission, education opertunities
Cons
Terrible work life balance
Great Benefits
CULINARY ARTS TEAM MEMBER (COOK) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
Working at CTCA is great for the departments that produce money or income for the company not so much for the back of the house employees. The chances for promotion is virtually non existent. The pay is not bad, but the cost of living increase are minimal. The benefits are amazing however for the line employees it is becoming increasingly expensive. The culture is good however has declined in the last 2 years due to restructuring of the company.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Holidays
Cons
Management, cost of benefits
The workers was underpaid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
I worked for the Cancer Treatment Center for 4 years and was very unsatisfied, we barely got a raise. They wanted to add extra work on to the schedule everyday knowing it was no way employees could not get this finish in 8 hours.
Awesome Hospital
Communications Facilitator/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 23, 2018
The best thing about working at the hospital was meeting new people both patients, and co-workers. The work was fine, but my direct supervisor was terrible.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Biased management
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 14, 2018
Working on Accounting functions
Learning alot of new accounting function to carrier to my other jobs
Some Management were younger college graduates who sometimes their positions went to their heads
Culture very perfessional
Hard part was working with Cancer patients
Learning experience
Pros
Learning expereince
Cons
Some Mangement
Good experience overall
Center Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 7, 2018
Average experience. I learned many skills due to many departments I worked in. Acquired may new skills ie. accessing port-a -catheters, infusing chemotherapy, working directed with physicians
Providing patients with new options
CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
I have worked with many physicians over my 20+ years in clinical research. And CTCA has some of the most compassionate physicians to care for the patients that are able to come there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.