Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Fast paced workplace, very demanding
PMO Project Director (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 15, 2018
Typical day would start at 6AM, focused on managing projects/programs. The best part of the day would be providing direct solutions to the patients (very rewarding).
Pros
Providing patient centric solutions, having an impact on patient care.
Cons
Short breaks and occasional long hours
CTCA was ran in a very old fashioned method. They were not up on computers and had poor training as well.
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO-TEMP (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2018
It seemed as they were very old school and a lot of the associates that I worked closely with did not even use computers. I prefer a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and has room for advancement.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Technology challenged in the office I worked in.
The best Job ive ever had
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILNovember 12, 2018
extremely rewarding position is the salon providing salon and spa treatments on patients and guests of the hospital. services included nails, waxing, hair, makeup, wigs, and skin treatments.
Grerat Place to Work
Outpatient Clinic Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 5, 2018
This is an amazing place to work. You will get spoiled working here. Leaving to another place of business is very eyeopening. This is a family built organization so nepotism is to be expected. Most of the management are not truly qualified for their position but the company does try to promote from within. Regardless if you are admin or clinical you would do a lot worse so I would recommend getting a job here until you can really do better.
Great people to work with
CMS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 2, 2018
Good work/life balance. Great people you'll enjoy working with. Teamwork mentality. People there seem happy and stay. Open to change. Ability to grow in skills.
Productive and Inclusive Work Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILNovember 2, 2018
I worked about 10 hours a week as an intern under quality and risk management. Typically I would shadow my preceptor and talk through her daily tasks with her and help her work on them (such as going through paperwork and discuss quality/safety issues). My preceptor was the director of quality and risk management. She is extremely knowledgable and helped me gain valuable experience. The hardest part of the job was constantly keeping up with new events happening and learning to resolve them in a reasonable amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to keep quality, safety, and efficiency at the top of mind.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Fast Paced
I enjoy working at CTCA.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILOctober 24, 2018
CTCA is my work family for the past 24 years. But it's time to move on in my life. The atmosphere is sometimes tense and other times relaxed. All my co-workers a pleasant to work with.
Cons
short breaks
Patient Centric and Collaborative Team Environment
Manager of Clinical Informatics (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2018
Very good company that is committed to its mission to be patient-centric. Leadership consistently incorporates all facets of the business into how they can impact the patient care experience.
As a whole the cancer center does good for the patients. Bad for employees.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NewnanOctober 6, 2018
I would recommend working in the radiation department at the cancer treatment center only if you don't mind being "micro-managed to the Max," management being too young and not enough experience to be good managers. Dealing with managers that allow the employees to "office bully " the ones that don't fit into their click. The radiation department can do a lot of good and there are some good people that work there and have a heart to help people. But the office management and others that are in the click-ish group such as RN's and MA's prohibit the GOOD ONES to feel comfortable and even Bully them to the point of being miserable.
Pros
Having a chance to help patients with cancer
Cons
Micro managing, office bullying, never the opportunity to advance in your field, constant adding more job duties with no recognition or pay to go with the extra work.
day at work
Staff Nurse- Step Down Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2018
This was a great place to be. The nurses I worked with have been a second family to me. Management is very supportive of continued education and have helped me restructure my work schedule to get through this Masters program. I am very grateful.
Pros
community based
Cons
Sometimes too focused on patient satisfaction
A great place to work
COOK/LEAD (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2018
I learned a lot from my chef, he pushed me in a stronger roll for the company. I had many opportunities to create different meals to help with patients needs and wants.
Great Place to Work
Biller (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 18, 2018
In every position that I had at CTCA, I felt appreciated. I really enjoyed my jobs and would go back in a heart beat if I ever move back up that way. I can honestly say that I miss it there.
Great place that does great things for cancer patients
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2018
I absolutely loved working for this company! They offer sooo much to help their patients and the nurse have autonomy to perform their jobs and they have the support of managers that care about what’s right and good morale and fair assignments.
Pros
Great morale and management
Cons
Limited campuses
Good hospital - great business
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 30, 2018
This organization does a great job of marketing itself and its brand. No matter where you are in the country, they are advertising themselves as the best cancer hospital around. They are an average cancer hospital with a fantastic business model. They may provide one patient the very best, expensive treatment provided that they survive and are willing to promote their business.

Other times, patients are run through this place like a factory and there is not much personalized attention provided to them or their family. The management likes to think very highly of themselves but does not provide the providers with enough resources to fully live up to their promises of optimal care.

Big thing - it's a business first. Most patients aren't accepted due to insurances or their current health status. Heaven forbid they accept all cancer patients and their finances and outcome statistics suffer... The stats look great because they hen peck who they allow in for treatment.
Excellent Culture
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 26, 2018
This an excellent company striving to care for patients as their primary focus. They hold their employees and the needs of the employee equally with patients and caregivers. Rare company for sure.
Pros
Open minded leadership
Change happens
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
This is an amazingly unique work experience. The patients, and coworkers are more like family here. As with anything and when time passes, things change.
Fun as well as fast paced environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJuly 30, 2018
Read important emails and get as much information from the previous dispatcher. Get well informed before making decisions., answer calls and resolves them, juggle with different software programs, schedule same day-runs as well as future runs, communicate with drivers, guide them and help resolve their issues when presented, make next day report and schedule drivers and vehicles.

I learned to manage time well.
I learned to operate Hudson.
I learned to schedule and run a report

Managmet is attentive and proffesional. I feel my opinion is acknowledge.

great work atmosphre.

The hardest part of my job is to find out one of our patients is not getting better.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to hear our patients are getting well.
Pros
help our patients on their fight against cancer.
Cons
To know when one of our patient is not getting better.
Not the best place in the world
Culinary Food Service (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJuly 28, 2018
My gross pay went from $33,000. To $23,345 a down fall. Rent goes up and pay goes down. And bosses do what they want to make me uncomfortable. They're never wrong. Even when people make mistakes. We get written up. And we're supposed to be perfect? I even have a boss who says That's not your job. So how do we grow and not help each other? That's not a right thing to say to those who want to be there for each other.
Excellent career choice
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
I met some of the best and most hard working people at CTCA, Everyone was professional and they genuinely cared for their patients as well as their staff.
Pros
free lunches, great experience builder
Cons
now i live too far
Admixture Pharmacy Technician
Admixture Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, IL 60099July 3, 2018
I am very thankful for the position that I had at the Cancer Center. I was able to learn so much more and have many opportunities to grow within my role. Management was not the greatest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about