Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Productive and nice employers
Scribe/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 26, 2018
Everyone was friendly. The doctors were easy going. I enjoyed working there. However, the hardest part of the job was fitting in. I'm one of the younger employees, so it is understandable. Other than that, CTCA is genuine to provide the best treatments for their patients.
Bad Management
Floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 24, 2018
Management is absent in the units. The culture has changed over the years and most people are now worried about keeping their jobs more so than doing their jobs....
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Extremely long hours/undermanned
Best place to work!!
Registered Nurse - Outpatient Clinics (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 19, 2018
I still work for this awesome company and love what I do. Great co-workers and a very enjoyable work environment and one of the best work cultures I have ever worked in. There are challenges but there are with every job, but for me this is not just a job!!
Gain so much empathy working here.
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 14, 2018
Although the patients at this facility struggle with cancer, they are the most positive people you'll meet. They made working here so worth it. I appreciated the benefits and the environment.
Case Management
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 7, 2018
I loved the culture and the people I work with. I truly feel every employee are there to help the patients.

I was disappointed in the politics. I was disappointed position would be developed and staff only find out when they announced who was appointed to that position
Pros
Wonderful Mission, education opertunities
Cons
Terrible work life balance
Great Benefits
CULINARY ARTS TEAM MEMBER (COOK) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
Working at CTCA is great for the departments that produce money or income for the company not so much for the back of the house employees. The chances for promotion is virtually non existent. The pay is not bad, but the cost of living increase are minimal. The benefits are amazing however for the line employees it is becoming increasingly expensive. The culture is good however has declined in the last 2 years due to restructuring of the company.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Holidays
Cons
Management, cost of benefits
The workers was underpaid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
I worked for the Cancer Treatment Center for 4 years and was very unsatisfied, we barely got a raise. They wanted to add extra work on to the schedule everyday knowing it was no way employees could not get this finish in 8 hours.
Awesome Hospital
Communications Facilitator/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 23, 2018
The best thing about working at the hospital was meeting new people both patients, and co-workers. The work was fine, but my direct supervisor was terrible.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Biased management
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 14, 2018
Working on Accounting functions
Learning alot of new accounting function to carrier to my other jobs
Some Management were younger college graduates who sometimes their positions went to their heads
Culture very perfessional
Hard part was working with Cancer patients
Learning experience
Pros
Learning expereince
Cons
Some Mangement
Good experience overall
Center Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 7, 2018
Average experience. I learned many skills due to many departments I worked in. Acquired may new skills ie. accessing port-a -catheters, infusing chemotherapy, working directed with physicians
Providing patients with new options
CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
I have worked with many physicians over my 20+ years in clinical research. And CTCA has some of the most compassionate physicians to care for the patients that are able to come there.
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 1, 2018
The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is by far the most organized, engaged and well-run company I have ever worked for. I am not leaving the company, I am merely looking for additional part time employment.
Multi discipline hospital that specializes in cancer treatment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
truly a patient centered facility; staff and management were great, hard working, talented and loyal. A lot of benefits and perks. With the recent lay-offs, staff are experiencing stress which is understandable.
OPS (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILApril 23, 2018
Good place to work. Staff is always friendly and that makes coming to work a lot easier. Would have liked to of been paid more for jobs, it would make people want to work harder/more.
Collaborative and Welcoming Work Environment
Manager, Clinical Intellectual Property (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 5, 2018
CTCA lives up to its reputation to put the patient first. Employees are compassionate and empathetic. First class medical care is provided by a variety of experts. The organization is open to change and improvement for the benefit of the patient.
Clinically Sound for Patients: Horrible for Employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2018
I have never worked in a more stressful environment. Management does not care about the welfare of employees outside the clinical setting. There is constant ciaos, managers who lie about their subordinates, distrust from bottom to top of leadership.
Pros
Great Physicians, Excellent Medcial Care
Cons
Unprofessional Managers who lack the skills to do the job, leaders who take credit and never give it!
Corporate
Patient Financial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILMarch 22, 2018
Cancer Treatment Centers has evolved throughout the years trying to maintain being a premiere center for cancer treatment. In the beginning it started as a very small, family type environment. However given the market demands, it has become more corporate driven. They are still an amazing network for patient's who have lost hope. However, the overall atmosphere has changed.
Pros
Good benefits
Great place with a purpose
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2018
Cancer Treatment Centers of America is doing great things for oncology patients and their caregivers. There are so many wonderful people to learn from and CTCA gives you the opportunity to work in teams so that this happens. They are constantly looking for better ways to treat the patients' body and mind so they are willing to try new things and they like to hear feedback from employees as well.
Worked for a very short period of time here
physician fee and E and M leveling (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 12, 2018
I worked for a very short period of time here through a contract while employees of the hospital were on vacation. It was very fast paced but enjoyable work.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
Temporary
Great Patient-centered company
Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Dynamic enterprise with an evolving care model. Exemplary passion and care for patients, with highly accessible leadership teams. However, often slow-moving in decision-making.
Pros
Passionate, engaged stakeholders
Cons
Red-tape, slow decision making

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.