Cancer Treatment Centers of America Culture reviews

Great Benefits
CULINARY ARTS TEAM MEMBER (COOK) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
Working at CTCA is great for the departments that produce money or income for the company not so much for the back of the house employees. The chances for promotion is virtually non existent. The pay is not bad, but the cost of living increase are minimal. The benefits are amazing however for the line employees it is becoming increasingly expensive. The culture is good however has declined in the last 2 years due to restructuring of the company.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Holidays
Cons
Management, cost of benefits
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 14, 2018
Working on Accounting functions
Learning alot of new accounting function to carrier to my other jobs
Some Management were younger college graduates who sometimes their positions went to their heads
Culture very perfessional
Hard part was working with Cancer patients
Learning experience
Pros
Learning expereince
Cons
Some Mangement
difficult environment to work in
Nurse Practitioner, Medical Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 18, 2018
management no longer cares about employees or what happens to them. no longer an enjoyable place to work the culture has gone downhill very fast. more business driven
Very rewarding place to work.
Survey Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 15, 2018
My typical day involved interacting with patients and their caregivers.
I learned that people deal with adversity in different ways.
The management was very helpful to me by making room for my talents.
The hardest part was dealing with death on a daily basses.
The most enjoyable part was seeing people leave cancer free.
Great Place
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work. Offer great support and care for patients and staff. Comfortable work environment, great staff. Availability of education was emense.
very positive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 8, 2018
You truly stick out here if you have a bad attitude. Diverse culture and very well rounded staff and management. Well put together and structured work place. My favorite place I have ever worked.
Was much better when I first started working here
stakeholder (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILDecember 31, 2017
Unfortunately the hardest part of my job is poorly utilized personnel and lack of effective leadership for the manager. The culture of the company has been deminished due to unexpected and seemingly unfair layoff of quality personnel.
Pros
Fellow coworkers
Cons
Manager
Great Place to Work
Contract Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 22, 2017
A great company doing amazing things for cancer patients. Very competitive pay and benefits. They really care about their stakeholders. Everyone is very nice and friendly.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, location
Cons
n/a
Great company to work for
vitals and light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILDecember 20, 2017
the cancer hospital was a very nice place to work for if you like taking care of people. The hours are nice and the co-workers are helpful and you get a hr break.
Loved this job! Taking care of Cancer patients
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2017
This job was one of my favorite. I loved taking care of my patients and meeting their family members. Often my patients would expire and I would take it hard, but then other patients would come to CTCA and I would have the chance to care for them also.
Pros
Great place to work, bonuses, great benefits
Cons
I worked under a poor manager
great people to work with and patients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133December 11, 2017
CTCA has great people working for them. Great benefits. At the time I was employeed there, the management in Radiation Oncology was awful They since are no longer employeed there.
Pros
good people
Cons
managment
Uncertain future, great clinical staff, declining census, layoffs, uncomfortable culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2017
Working with patients was the best part of the job. Physicians and nurses collaborated well and were respectful, friendly and collegiate. The clinical staff was by and large competent, if not excellent. Patients were universally treated well. The relationship between nurses and patients was warm and caring. The job was very satisfying in that regard.

The relationship between staff and new management was poor though, and the culture became uncomfortable despite the camaraderie among the staff.

The patient census dropped sharply and there were several runs of layoffs and resignations. It did not feel like a stable place to work after a while.
Pros
flexible schedule, lovely campus, fantastic clinicians
Cons
relationship with management
Review of CTCA
Specialty Care Tech/ Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
As compared to other facilities the work load was far greater and had a far more vast job description but pay was not equivalent to the increased work load. The management was great but were often not honest about the current condition of the organization as a whole and hid layoffs until day of. The workplace culture was stressful but rewarding knowing we do the best for people.
CHARGE CAPTURE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Zion, IllinoisSeptember 24, 2017
-Busy from start to end of shift
-Management was not as good when I left as when I started.
-The hardest part of the job was leaving all the people I formed long relationships with.
-The most enjoyable was meeting all the patients and working with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to work if you do not care about Advancement/Growth.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NewnanSeptember 13, 2017
There are no opportunities for advancement for Medical Assistants. They will allow you on any committee to offer ideas for improvement, but you will never be qualified enough to work in other department. Also the Medical Assistant do the same work as RN/LPN and will not compensate appropriately. RN/LPN are under utilized.
Pros
Great for people that does not care about advancement.
Cons
Pay is not competitive, No room for growth, Job duties increase without pay, constant decrease in bonus.
Specialty Care in Unique Setting
ICU Special Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA Zion was an interesting place to work. The ICU was small, but busy, and most of my co-workers were incredibly dedicated to their jobs. Hardest part of the job was having shady management and a for profit company, best part was the patients :)
OR was a great place to work
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Midwestern Regional Medical CenterSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA tries very hard to create a work/life balance. The OR staff is a fun, energetic and very talented group of people. I worked there for over 4 years and over all it was a great experience.
Busy environment with great benefits
Laboratory Courier/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 7, 2017
CTCA has a great culture for excellent patient care and customer service. Stakeholders put the patient first and teamwork is good within departments and between departments. Stakeholders are encouraged to bring forth ideas and management is visible and listens to ideas.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Changes in healthcare marketplace have affected staffing levels
Billing specialist overseeing physician claims (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 26, 2017
Many changes and difficult to get into management positions.
Individual teams contain wonderful people.
Increased demands with less people to do to do the work.
Work flow is steady
I loved patient interactions
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 24, 2017
I was honored to have the opportunity to talk to patients dealing with cancer and even encourage them through faith and prayer. We are encouraged as employees to interact and talk to patients, regardless of your position with the hospital, without any reprimands.
Pros
Benefits, Company discounts( Medicine, Etc.
Cons
Hospital Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.