Cancer Treatment Centers of America Culture reviews

A special place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2019
Incredible people to work with and exceptional place to go for treatment. Management was awesome. Room for growth and education. Good interactions with coworkers and patients.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lots of layoffs in the last 2 years
Compassionate employees with amazing workplace culture
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 24, 2019
Wonderful place to work. Stakeholders are compassion, hard working and supportive of each other. The hospital sticks to its mission and vision and provides patient centered care.
Pros
workplace culture and amazing patients
Pleasant work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Friendly people, very pleasant work environment. Everyone wants to do what is best for their patients, are are good at working in teams. Assistance is always provided when needed.
Sr. Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 3, 2019
Strong work environment. Encouraging management. Plenty of meeting space. Ping pong table. Weekly meeting one on one with manager. Opporoto work on special projects.
Mission-driven company
Director, External Affairs and Communications (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 27, 2018
When I joined CTCA, it was a mission-driven company, where every Stakeholder was committed to making the patient experience a positive one. The workplace culture was positive, balanced and inspiring.

Colleagues were smart, hard-working and collaborative.

Working there every day was a pleasure.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Maintaining benefits under health care industry pressures
Love it here
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 27, 2018
I love the culture here, coworkers are all great, and the patient's are even better. The only thing I am iffy about is that apparently CTCA has had a reputation of laying off people for the last few years. Thankfully I was not one of those people, but I do not exactly feel as "safe" as I did before. They let management go that have been here for YEARS and even get treated here, which does not really show me their values. Though I understand their reasoning was apparently "duplicate jobs," I still feel like it could have been handled a lot better. There have also been changes recently that do not seem to make sense at the moment, and even with patients being upset and inconvenienced I do not see it going back to the way it was better any time soon.
Cons
benefits are not the greatest
Fun workplace but ever changing management and cutbacks
RESEARCH LABORATORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 20, 2018
This company has a great culture. The departments work well together and the patient is always put first but cutbacks led to layoffs which changed the morale.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
unstable
Culture is a lie
Hematology Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
The company does not recognize talent from within. They hire outside or promote friends who are not qualified. There is a culture of bullying and lateral violence that is tolerated.
Pros
free lunches fromvendors, good hours, close to home
Cons
Upper management is not trustworthy, bullying
Previously a good place to work
IS (Former Employee) –  Somewhere USADecember 8, 2018
I sadly watched the culture change to the point where it was no longer suited to a large number of stakeholders. Management is excessive compared to the stakeholder base, so one wonders why layoffs keep occurring. Frankly just not a fun place to work anymore. Would love to say management is interested in developing stakeholders, but they seem more interested in maintaining their positions than anything else. VP, Director, Manager, Supervisor - really for a 20 person department. No wonder the place is going broke.
Pros
Cons
Working there
N/a
Patient Care Tech Urology, Neurology, Neurosurgeon (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 3, 2018
Its a great experience, loving stakeholder, enjoyable and the mother standard of care.
The hardest part is seeing you patient not doing good
The most enjoyable part is seeing my patients everyday.
Bad Management
Floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 24, 2018
Management is absent in the units. The culture has changed over the years and most people are now worried about keeping their jobs more so than doing their jobs....
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Extremely long hours/undermanned
Best place to work!!
Registered Nurse - Outpatient Clinics (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILJune 19, 2018
I still work for this awesome company and love what I do. Great co-workers and a very enjoyable work environment and one of the best work cultures I have ever worked in. There are challenges but there are with every job, but for me this is not just a job!!
Case Management
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 7, 2018
I loved the culture and the people I work with. I truly feel every employee are there to help the patients.

I was disappointed in the politics. I was disappointed position would be developed and staff only find out when they announced who was appointed to that position
Pros
Wonderful Mission, education opertunities
Cons
Terrible work life balance
Great Benefits
CULINARY ARTS TEAM MEMBER (COOK) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
Working at CTCA is great for the departments that produce money or income for the company not so much for the back of the house employees. The chances for promotion is virtually non existent. The pay is not bad, but the cost of living increase are minimal. The benefits are amazing however for the line employees it is becoming increasingly expensive. The culture is good however has declined in the last 2 years due to restructuring of the company.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Holidays
Cons
Management, cost of benefits
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILMay 14, 2018
Working on Accounting functions
Learning alot of new accounting function to carrier to my other jobs
Some Management were younger college graduates who sometimes their positions went to their heads
Culture very perfessional
Hard part was working with Cancer patients
Learning experience
Pros
Learning expereince
Cons
Some Mangement
difficult environment to work in
Nurse Practitioner, Medical Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 18, 2018
management no longer cares about employees or what happens to them. no longer an enjoyable place to work the culture has gone downhill very fast. more business driven
Very rewarding place to work.
Survey Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILFebruary 15, 2018
My typical day involved interacting with patients and their caregivers.
I learned that people deal with adversity in different ways.
The management was very helpful to me by making room for my talents.
The hardest part was dealing with death on a daily basses.
The most enjoyable part was seeing people leave cancer free.
Great Place
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Great place to work. Offer great support and care for patients and staff. Comfortable work environment, great staff. Availability of education was emense.
very positive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 8, 2018
You truly stick out here if you have a bad attitude. Diverse culture and very well rounded staff and management. Well put together and structured work place. My favorite place I have ever worked.
Was much better when I first started working here
stakeholder (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILDecember 31, 2017
Unfortunately the hardest part of my job is poorly utilized personnel and lack of effective leadership for the manager. The culture of the company has been deminished due to unexpected and seemingly unfair layoff of quality personnel.
Pros
Fellow coworkers
Cons
Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.